PDA

View Full Version : Can't some of you fans just..

JC456
08-27-2003, 02:14 PM
Enjoy a nice win? Do you have to wake up every morning and look for something negative to say about the Sox? :?:

I'm proud to be a White Sox fan today. They beat one of the best teams and one of the best pitchers in the league. Handed it to them. :luis&nell

Go Sox!! I'll be watching and rooting for a repeat performance. 70-62 eight games over .500, in first place by 1 game and all is good. :gulp:

soxrme
08-27-2003, 03:07 PM
Good post - LETS GO SOX :)

jabrch
08-27-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by JC456
Enjoy a nice win? Do you have to wake up every morning and look for something negative to say about the Sox? :?:

I'm proud to be a White Sox fan today. They beat one of the best teams and one of the best pitchers in the league. Handed it to them. :luis&nell

Go Sox!! I'll be watching and rooting for a repeat performance. 70-62 eight games over .500, in first place by 1 game and all is good. :gulp:

Sorry...until we win a World Series in my lifetime, I will be very hesitant to get overly optimitsic about one game while we are 1 game ahead of KC. 1 Game...that's it...

Hokiesox
08-27-2003, 03:13 PM
read the WSI manifesto...then you will understand

Eddie Gaedel
08-27-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
Sorry...until we win a World Series in my lifetime, I will be very hesitant to get overly optimitsic about one game while we are 1 game ahead of KC. 1 Game...that's it...

optimistic? what's there to be optimistic about? we won the figgin' game! enjoy it ya grouch!

davenicholson
08-27-2003, 03:40 PM
I think all Little Eddie was saying was "Enjoy the victory", and don't find things to complain about when the Sox (note: I didn't say "we" :smile: ) spank the Yanks! I think that we all agree that nothing has been proven this year, but with all of the negativity relating to last night's game, one would have thought the Sox lost! Besides, I'm the grouch around here (or at least in The Parking Lot)!

Rocky Soprano
08-27-2003, 04:07 PM
I agree, some of the people on here never seem to be happy about anything.

Relax and enjoy what the Sox are doing.

:gulp:

pudge
08-27-2003, 04:36 PM
My basic thing is, don't get too high with one win, don't get too down with one loss. (Three losses in a row to the Tigers, then you have a right to get down.) Baseball is a daily event, so if you get high and low with each game, you'll drive yourself crazy (as well as your fellow board-posters at WSI).

On an even keel, I continue to have a hard time getting excited about this team. They are a power team only, which means they're prone to slumps, and one more slump in September means they are done. The Twins schedule is cake down the stretch.

If we pound Clemens 11-0 in Game One of the ALDS, then I will get excited.

southsidegirl
08-27-2003, 06:10 PM
Hey! Frank's slam, the 5 other homers, and being able to see Magglio's underwear through his pants was the is all I could talk about in class today. You should've seen me. Now my teachers know two things: I'm a Sox fan and I never ever shut up.

RichH55
08-27-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by pudge
My basic thing is, don't get too high with one win, don't get too down with one loss. (Three losses in a row to the Tigers, then you have a right to get down.) Baseball is a daily event, so if you get high and low with each game, you'll drive yourself crazy (as well as your fellow board-posters at WSI).

On an even keel, I continue to have a hard time getting excited about this team. They are a power team only, which means they're prone to slumps, and one more slump in September means they are done. The Twins schedule is cake down the stretch.

If we pound Clemens 11-0 in Game One of the ALDS, then I will get excited.

I think thats a good sentiment as well.....but I think the original poster was taking it a step further saying "Don't find ways to get down every after a win"

TornLabrum
08-27-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
I think thats a good sentiment as well.....but I think the original poster was taking it a step further saying "Don't find ways to get down every after a win"

And I agree with that sentiment. It was a game in which nearly everything went right. Oh, yeah...it wasn't a perfect game. Damn!

JC456
08-28-2003, 01:42 PM

Nobody said, Hey everyone we won the world series!. What I said was, why be so negative when the team just beats up maybe the best pitcher in the last 20 years. There was so much negative talk on here yesterday it was sick. It's called a pennant race and Sox fans should enjoy the run. That doesn't happen very often either, but it's here for us today. Enjoy it.

Not many gave this team a chance to win the series in NY, but look at today we can talk about a possible sweep. Nice!!!!

The boys are playing really well and let's go Sox for today's game!! :D: