PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts from last nite 8/26

Hangar18
08-27-2003, 08:05 AM
I was very psyched to watch the game, and headed to a local establishment, located on the north side purely at random (I wont disclose the bar, for fear cub lurkers may try to disrupt further activity there) I was very surprised to find that, of the 5 or 6 tvs in the place, they were ALL TUNED to the Sox game.
When the sox scored their runs, I was again VERY SURPRISED to count more than 10 sox fans in the place watching the game cheering. The cub game started, and they were relegated to 2 tv's. The main volume continued with the sox getting the Audio.
The cubs scored some runs, and the place started cheering as loudly. I turned to count the number of cub fans cheering, and it was a number of them, around 15-20. The point is, there were more cub fans in the place, but the SOX fans were the most vocal, and paying attention to the game. Case in point. Ramirez was batting, and hit a home run. The ball was going clearly out, but none of the cub fans noticed a HR about to happen, until a lone cubfan began cheering.......causing the entire room to notice a HR just happened. The Whole Room wasnt watching. Idiots

voodoochile
08-27-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I was very psyched to watch the game, and headed to a local establishment, located on the north side purely at random (I wont disclose the bar, for fear cub lurkers may try to disrupt further activity there) I was very surprised to find that, of the 5 or 6 tvs in the place, they were ALL TUNED to the Sox game.
When the sox scored their runs, I was again VERY SURPRISED to count more than 10 sox fans in the place watching the game cheering. The cub game started, and they were relegated to 2 tv's. The main volume continued with the sox getting the Audio.
The cubs scored some runs, and the place started cheering as loudly. I turned to count the number of cub fans cheering, and it was a number of them, around 15-20. The point is, there were more cub fans in the place, but the SOX fans were the most vocal, and paying attention to the game. Case in point. Ramirez was batting, and hit a home run. The ball was going clearly out, but none of the cub fans noticed a HR about to happen, until a lone cubfan began cheering.......causing the entire room to notice a HR just happened. The Whole Room wasnt watching. Idiots

Being a "flubbie fan" is a state of mind. It has nothing to do with watching baseball. It's about being cool and "in with the in crowd" these days. What the hell, the rebels are always cooler anyway...

davenicholson
08-27-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Being a "flubbie fan" is a state of mind. It has nothing to do with watching baseball. It's about being cool and "in with the in crowd" these days. What the hell, the rebels are always cooler anyway...
I read your post and agree with you. Then a thought occurred to me; cubbie fandom is a sick way of life much the way disco was in the 70s. Maybe we should contact Steve Dahl for a cubbie Demolition Night!

Hokiesox
08-27-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
What the hell, the rebels are always cooler anyway...

The transplanted southerner in me has to agree! :)

:gulp:

JC456
08-27-2003, 01:26 PM
What I think is cool, is when a Sox game isn't on, and the Flubs are on all of the TVs, to go demand the Sox game be on at least one set and watch the Flubbie fan reaction. It is so much worth the effort to see and hear their response and dismay of not being able to control all of the sets in an establishment. Love It!!!! I've had a good time with it. Some Sox fans are afraid to ask, not me, give me the boys in black please. It's even cooler when I can give them the channel the game is on. They seem to never know that information.

mandmandm
08-27-2003, 01:42 PM
Steve Dahl and the Sox???

http://www.wckg.com/extra08.shtml