PDA

View Full Version : Quiet here in the BX

NewyorkSoxFan
08-27-2003, 06:52 AM
We call the Bronx the BX here and it was quiet as they streamed out onto 161st last nite. I have the feeling that everybody took our boys lightly. They talked all day yesterday about the weekend series against Boston. I wore my sox hat proudly yesterday as I went to the local deli to order my preferred breakfast sandwich.

Let me tell you that I think we got there attention, on talk radio this morning, on the news they are talking about how big and strong the Sox hitters are and how we have 3 starters that can match up with theirs. If Fatolo can show up big tonite, that would be huge. They definitely didn't know what hit them, and there were even comparisons to the Angels were we to meet them in the playoffs.

So don't look back guys, lets take it to them again!!!

NYSF

Procol Harum
08-27-2003, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the on-site report, NYSF--I hope you'll be able to share some more juicy details of NY angst over White Sox majesty in the days to come. I wasn't able to watch the game live last night due to a meeting I had to attend, but afterwards--via the miracle that is TiVo--I had a nice sit in my easy chair enjoying the beating we put on the Yanks. Did me a world of good--now if we can win the series....

Apparently Loaiza turned some heads in the Apple last night. Heard a clip this morning of Jeter who marveled at the way EL was hitting his spots pitch after pitch after pitch with his cut fastball. But we weren't--we've been enjoying it all year long :smile:

mandmandm
08-27-2003, 09:47 AM
Sox fans may not believe.
Chicago media may not believe.
But the NY media appears worried about the Beloved.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/39439.htm

mandmandm
08-27-2003, 09:51 AM
Check out that Sports Cover Page on the left side.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/index.html

Hangar18
08-27-2003, 10:01 AM
NYSoxfan, thanks for the onsite report, thats very Cool....

Hangar18
08-27-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by mandmandm

Isnt that something? And like the kid in highschool, catching on to the "latest trend" a little too late.... The Chicago Media will then jump on the SOX, only in OCTOBER. Til then, theyre busy pre-writing all the cubs win stories for September

FJA
08-27-2003, 10:21 AM
What a great article. The YANKEES, of all teams, are not only worried about us this series, but they are worried about meeting us in the PLAYOFFS. :)

alohafri
08-27-2003, 10:27 AM
NYSF, thanks--keep those updates coming!!

I don't like that NY is taking notice of the Sox. Before you know it, ol Steinbrenner will be on the horn trying to steal our guys away from the Sox.

(Mrs. Aloha)

Hullett_Fan
08-27-2003, 10:36 AM
Check out that Sports Cover Page on the left side.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/index.html

That's awesome. I'm using it as wallpaper today.

:)

npdempse
08-27-2003, 10:48 AM

Check the caption for "J" Weaver.

I love the Post.

TDog
08-27-2003, 11:07 AM

"Stalag Steinbrenner?"

LASOXFAN
08-27-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by alohafri
NYSF, thanks--keep those updates coming!!

I don't like that NY is taking notice of the Sox. Before you know it, ol Steinbrenner will be on the horn trying to steal our guys away from the Sox.

(Mrs. Aloha)

A yankee friend of mine has photoshopped a picture of Magglio wearing the dreaded pinstripes. He emails it once a month just to torture me.

Nick@Nite
08-27-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by FJA
What a great article. The YANKEES, of all teams, are not only worried about us this series, but they are worried about meeting us in the PLAYOFFS. :)

I had this same discussion with a Yankee fan this morning... If the Sox can somehow win the AL Central, our playoff opponent will be wondering (and worried ) if (and more importantly when ) the Sox-offense starts the carpet-bombing run (or as Hawk sez, puttin' up a big crooked number) ... :D:

Btw, BX stands for the Bronx? Got it. :smile:

In the USAF, BX stands for Base Exchange (like the department store on base) .... didn't think this thread was about that!

As James Brown once said... "I feel good"! (<- at least for today)
:)

pudge
08-27-2003, 12:15 PM
That cover of Frank is awesome... But it cracks me up how we play one game in NY and they're worried... We diehard fans know how BAD this Sox team can be. We need the Twins to start losing, folks, otherwise we won't get a chance to beat the Yanks in the first round...

Lip Man 1
08-27-2003, 12:26 PM
Sox fans "don't believe" because they've seen this team every day and they've seen Manager Gandhi every day.

Sox fans "don't believe" because this team has a one game lead with thirty to play. (They'd "believe" a lot more if the Sox had a five game lead and didn't lose a half dozen games to the Tigers)

Sox fans "don't believe" because they've been down this road before...a lot. I.E. 1960, 1964, 1967, 1972, 1977, 1990 and 1994.

Let's keep worrying about one game at a time (and hope for the best)

Lip

mandmandm
08-27-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Sox fans "don't believe" because they've seen this team every day and they've seen Manager Gandhi every day.

Sox fans "don't believe" because this team has a one game lead with thirty to play. (They'd "believe" a lot more if the Sox had a five game lead and didn't lose a half dozen games to the Tigers)

Sox fans "don't believe" because they've been down this road before...a lot. I.E. 1960, 1964, 1967, 1972, 1977, 1990 and 1994.

Let's keep worrying about one game at a time (and hope for the best)

Lip

Estaban starting game 1. BELIEVE IT AND BOOK IT!!!