PDA

View Full Version : 8 in a row for the Brew Crew!

MHOUSE
08-26-2003, 10:20 PM
Although un-Sox related, I know that there are a lot of NL Brewer fans here. They've won eight games in a row! At six games it was their longest streak for a few years in fact. It's fun to watch their younger players like Hall and Ginter get a chance to play. Scotty Pods has done awesome and IMO should get a big vote for ROTY. Go Brewers! Keep it up guys.

vs. Philly
Win 6-4
Win 10-1
Win 5-2

vs. Pittsburgh
Win 3-2
Win 7-6
Win 10-9

vs. Cincy
Win 10-6
Win 7-1

MarqSox
08-26-2003, 10:23 PM
If Scott Podsednik played in any other market (save Montreal) he would be a lock for NL Rookie of the Year. That kid is gonna be something special. :gulp:

oheeoh...magglio
08-26-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Although un-Sox related, I know that there are a lot of NL Brewer fans here. They've won eight games in a row! At six games it was their longest streak for a few years in fact. It's fun to watch their younger players like Hall and Ginter get a chance to play. Scotty Pods has done awesome and IMO should get a big vote for ROTY. Go Brewers! Keep it up guys.

vs. Philly
Win 6-4
Win 10-1
Win 5-2

vs. Pittsburgh
Win 3-2
Win 7-6
Win 10-9

vs. Cincy
Win 10-6
Win 7-1

good thing ned yost their manager didn't say he'd do certain stuff if the brewers won a certain amount of games in a row, cuz wow, at a 8 game winning streak, he might have had to streak across the interstate by now or something.

Bucktown
08-26-2003, 10:34 PM
It makes me proud to be a cheesehead.

MHOUSE
08-26-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
It makes me proud to be a cheesehead.

I wish I could change citizenship to Wisconsin. I know the state pretty well and I'm a HUGE Packer fan which is tough in Chicagoland. I like the Brewers as well. Go true Cheeseheads!

jabrch
08-26-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
I I'm a HUGE Packer fan

SCREW YOURSELF!!!! :) Just kidding....well...sort of....

I hope the Brewers sweep the Cubs next week. There...that's as much as I will cheer for anything from Wisconsin except UW vs Michigan....

MarkEdward
08-27-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox
If Scott Podsednik played in any other market (save Montreal) he would be a lock for NL Rookie of the Year. That kid is gonna be something special. :gulp:

Well, maybe if Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Webb, and Jason Phillips fell off the face of the planet... :smile:

MarqSox
08-27-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Well, maybe if Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Webb, and Jason Phillips fell off the face of the planet... :smile:
LOL! Yeah, goes to show how closely I follow the NL ...
Well, at the very least, I can't think of any particularly stand-outish rookies in the AL ... I guess Angel Berroa? I certainly don't consider Matsui a rookie, though he'll get a lot of votes.

MarkEdward
08-27-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
LOL! Yeah, goes to show how closely I follow the NL ...
Well, at the very least, I can't think of any particularly stand-outish rookies in the AL ... I guess Angel Berroa? I certainly don't consider Matsui a rookie, though he'll get a lot of votes.

The top three vote-getters for the AL ROY will probably be Berroa, Matsui, and Rocco Baldelli. I'd vote for Berroa. Yes, Kauffman Stadium has inflated his offensive numbers a bit, but he plays the toughest defensive position of three, and he has been way above average offensively for his position (enough to cancel out the help from Kauffman).

Why don't you consider Matsui a rookie? This is his first year playing for Major League Baseball. By definition, he's an MLB rookie.

Hangar18
08-27-2003, 01:11 PM
I lost all Respect for the Milwaukee "we wish we were the Braves" Brewers for Selling out their Fans and their History and "switching" to the National League. Their continuous and blatant borrowing of Atlanta's History is repugnant and despicable

doublem23
08-27-2003, 01:50 PM
Eww? Wisconsin?

daveb816
08-27-2003, 02:03 PM
I listen to the Brew Crew on the radio if it's before dark and Sox aren't playing. Uecker and Jim Powell do a great job. I hope they can be a competitive team in the next few years.

MHOUSE
08-27-2003, 10:46 PM
Baldelli has fallen off. Willis hasn't won more than twice since the break. Scotty Pods was red hot, then hit a little slump, and now he's back on fire.