PDA

View Full Version : white sox ticket special - low price Boston series tickets info

ewokpelts
08-26-2003, 06:19 PM
Hey all,
The sox have a special web only deal for next week's Boston Series. Bleacher seats 10 bucks, and the entire upper deck for 5 bucks. Catch is, you HAVE to buy online. But even with service fees, 2 bleacher seats for Wed's game will set you back only 28 bucks, as opposed to 44 at the door. The deal's in the ticket specials page at www.whitesox.com, as well as the home page/
Gene

ewokpelts
08-26-2003, 06:20 PM
There's also a skybox contest at :

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/sweepstakes/sbc_sweeps.jsp

Gene

ewokpelts
08-26-2003, 09:02 PM
http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/schedule/schedule_specials.jsp

sox_fan_forever
08-26-2003, 09:13 PM
This is cool. I may do the Wednesday game.

NewyorkSoxFan
08-27-2003, 07:53 AM
Just read in the Trib about the ticket promotion for Sept 2-3 against the Bosox. $10 for bleachers/$5 for UD. Should use this promo all year, since $5 seats are better than empty ones. However a nice gesture on the part of the Sox. Anyone know the reason for this?

NYSF

Shoeless Joe
08-27-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by NewyorkSoxFan
Just read in the Trib about the ticket promotion for Sept 2-3 against the Bosox. $10 for bleachers/$5 for UD. Should use this promo all year, since $5 seats are better than empty ones. However a nice gesture on the part of the Sox. Anyone know the reason for this?

NYSF

I guess you can only get the tickets via the Sox website. Regardless, they're trying to get as many butts in those seats at whatever cost, during a pennant chase. I really didn't agree with the Sox raising the UD ticket prices this year so chopping the seats to $5 is a great idea by the Sox even if it is for only two days.

mandmandm
08-27-2003, 08:15 AM
Front office getting a clue. Sox play better at home and with a big crowd. I think that if they entice the fans who have not been to the park since before the strike to Comiskey those fans will realize how fun Comiskey is and how entertaining this team is. I was at the game on Sunday and you could feel the energy. Lots of kids roaming around having a great time. Even though they lost I felt most people left having had a good time. Just a couple guesses.

soxtalker
08-27-2003, 08:57 AM
Very interesting marketing move. This looks similar to the weekly online specials that the airlines run. Only available through the team's website, so they avoid any middleman fees. Available only through the end of the week. Game on Tuesday was probably a half-price night, but without advance sale on half-price tickets. Wednesday nights typically have low attendance. And, of course, they make a lot more than just the ticket price.

Procol Harum
08-27-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by mandmandm
Front office getting a clue. Sox play better at home and with a big crowd.

What you said.

Eddie Gaedel
08-27-2003, 09:13 AM
There's still a middle man, Ticketmaster. So tickets are really $12.50 for bleachers and $7.50 for UD. I'm not too keen on the idea because I'm a season ticket holder and paid $30 for my 2 UD Box seats for the entire season. I would have saved a boat load of money if I took advantage of all the ticket deals through out the year instead. Of course, I wouldn't have been able to get ASG tix ($450) or possibly post season tix ($1800). I just think either reduce the price of all tickets for everybody at the beginning of the season, or have better/more perks for season ticket holders. Some cheap bobble heads and one 2 hour party doesn't cut it.

Paulwny
08-27-2003, 09:15 AM
Montreal recently ran a similar promo $10 tickets and $1 hot dogs, they drew > 30,000.

voodoochile
08-27-2003, 09:32 AM
I think they are finally waking up and realizing they can make money at the lower prices and since they have a winning club at the moment, they can use it to market the park and change the perception. It's about damn time...

I think they've been reading WSI. So many of the marketing promos they are coming up with sound too close to stuff that has been suggested here.

ewokpelts
08-27-2003, 10:57 AM
two bleacher tickets on this deal cost you just over 28 bucks, including ALL ticketmaster fees and taxes...a full price ticket for wed's game will set you back 22 a pop.....you save 8 bucks right there, which can conviently be used for parking...if you bought at the door for wed, you'd be spending 44 for tickets, and 15 for parking...with this deal, EVEN with ticketbastard's fees, you can get in for 43 bucks and some change, assuming you do willcall, why bother with ticketFAST.........and for those that take the train, you can spend that extra cash in the stadium...churros perhaps?
Gene

jabrch
08-27-2003, 12:36 PM
Even with the ticketmaster fees, that is still almost nothing. There is absolutely no excuse to not fill the freaking park that night. I think Jerry wants to hit 2,000,000. In order to do so, he needs to average over 30,000 the rest of the way. With the coupon book, promotions like this, and oh yeah, A FIRST PLACE WINNING TEAM and remaining home series vs KC, Minn, NYY, Boston, and Clev(our two close division rivals, the team we most love to beat, and two playoff contenders from the East), we should have no problem getting 30,000 in the park the rest of the way.

With 2,000,000 seats sold, How can Jerry not find the money in the off season to resign Robbie and Bartolo? Lock down Buehrle? Give Maggs a well deserved long term deal? How Mr. Chairman? How?

sox_fan_forever
08-27-2003, 04:21 PM
I got two upper deck box tickets behind home plate for Wednesday's game. The total cost, including all the Ticketmaster fees, was still less than what it would have cost me to buy just one ticket. This is a good promotion. I hope a lot of people take advantage of it.

ewokpelts
08-27-2003, 06:04 PM
cmon peepz...let's get this house packed....especially for Wendsday's game....I had planned to use my season ticket exchange program for that game...but i might just indulgein ticketbastard after all.....
Gene

Foulke You
08-29-2003, 11:34 AM
I've done my part. I bought 5 tickets for Tuesday's game Pale Hose vs Red Hose. Section 537, row 7 behind home plate. Hopefully we'll bring home a White Sox winner.

doogiec
08-29-2003, 06:12 PM
They just said on the radio that the bleachers are sold out for both games, upper deck still available.

jabrch
08-30-2003, 11:58 AM
Using the promotion, you can get in 527 row 10 (just right of the plate, only 10 rows up.)

Plenty of decent upper deck box seats left. Still a few lowers also...

Come on guys...we need to pack the place...

Rocklive99
08-30-2003, 03:15 PM
Pretty good deal on EBay I took advantage of http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=2189889048

jabrch
08-30-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Rocklive99
Pretty good deal on EBay I took advantage of http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=2189889048

Probably the coupons on the $22 promotion. For $22 from Groton Marketing (see the link on the Sox website) you can get two free Box seats AND 15 of those buy one get one free coupons.

That's actually a better deal than the E-bay deal...

FoulTerritory
09-01-2003, 05:31 PM
Another thought on why exactly they are running this promotion at this time.

The Boston series marks one of the rare occassions when the both the Sox and Cubs are simultaneously at home.

I can remember a few occassions in the past when both teams were at home, and the Flubs sell out, and the sox draw like 14,000, and then the papers run big articles about the disparity in the teams popularity, with a picture of the 1/3 filled Comiskey, and the full Wrigly.

Wed. is always the lowest draw of the week, and the Cubs are sure to sell out cause they're playing the Cards, so perhaps this is a pre-emptive strike in hopes of drawing a respectable crowd on these nights when the Cubs are gobbling up almost all of the casual (moron) fans.

That way the trib can't run some ridiculous column about the popularity gap.

jabrch
09-01-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by FoulTerritory

The Boston series marks one of the rare occassions when the both the Sox and Cubs are simultaneously at home.

I can remember a few occassions in the past when both teams were at home, and the Flubs sell out, and the sox draw like 14,000, and then the papers run big articles about the disparity in the teams popularity, with a picture of the 1/3 filled Comiskey, and the full Wrigly.

Wed. is always the lowest draw of the week, and the Cubs are sure to sell out cause they're playing the Cards, so perhaps this is a pre-emptive strike in hopes of drawing a respectable crowd on these nights when the Cubs are gobbling up almost all of the casual (moron) fans.

Good point...I hope we pack it in. I'd love to see 35,000 plus tomorrow to welcome the guys home after a very successful road trip.

voodoochile
09-01-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by FoulTerritory

Don't forget the national media. I am sure that Reinsy would like to see a sellout or two for the East Coast press. In addition, there might be some payback to TicketMaster here. The Tuesday and Monday promos always get huge walk up gates, and thus deny TM a chance to make money selling the tickets (Tuesdays in particular when you can't buy in advance. So, maybe Jerry is trying to pay them back a bit or defuse a potentially bad situation with their ticket selling firm...

Of course TM has their own issues. Charging $4/seat to buy tickets on-line is ridiculous. Maybe for one time events like a Stones concert or something, but for every one of the 81 home games a year? That's just userous. No reason they have to charge that much and Jerry is dumb for letting them. It hurts his pre-sale levels as much as anything else, IMO. Who wants to pay $19 for a seat they can buy for $15 at the park?

ewokpelts
09-01-2003, 07:04 PM
voodoo,
Let's not forget that TicketBastard is offering us thier services...namely people can buy tickets NOT at the venue...and with online/print at home....people seem willing to shell out for that convienence....tickets.com wasnt that much better, and the sears machines are a joke....you pay a 3.95 service fee AND you cant deal with a person......at fanfest this year, A LOT of people had print at home tickets...they probably bought the tix right before they left...for those inclined to pay(esp people uneducated on tm's policies) that's abig deal...we should be glad that jerry made this deal, cuz even with the fees, the tix are pretty cheep.....
Gene