PDA

View Full Version : Joe Randa Hate Club

fledgedrallycap
08-26-2003, 09:37 AM
I found some un-flattering comments by KC's 3rd Baseman Joe Randa on twincities.com...

"I can't really tell with the White Sox,'' he said. "It seems like they do it in spurts. I know the Twins and ourselves are going to come out and play hard every day. I'd say Minnesota and ourselves are going to be in it to the end.

"On paper, Chicago has all the elements there. They're the team on paper you'd say is the best team. Bottom line is hustle and heart can win games, and I know (the Twins) have it in that clubhouse, and I know we have it in here.

I realize the Sox are streaky, but to completely disregard the White Sox down the stretch, come on...

On the other side, I am a new fan of Eddie Guardado since I completely agree with his assesment:

The Royals and Twins have almost identical schedules the rest of the way against sub-par talent:

"That don't mean (anything),'' Guardado said. "We've still got to go out there and play, and this is the major leagues. You can't just go in there (and assume the edge) because it looks favorable to us.''

The Twins have shown an uncanny knack for playing poorly against teams they should pulverize, recently stumbling twice in disappointing, streak-killing series losses to rebuilding Cleveland.

34 Inch Stick
08-26-2003, 10:53 AM
I have no debate with what either of them said. How many times have we seen the same points made on this board.

I just hope the managers for teams like the Tigers do the gentlemanly thing and play their best players in games that affect the post season. I would hate to see a youth movement contribute to the Sox not making the playoffs.

FJA
08-26-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I have no debate with what either of them said. How many times have we seen the same points made on this board.

I just hope the managers for teams like the Tigers do the gentlemanly thing and play their best players in games that affect the post season. I would hate to see a youth movement contribute to the Sox not making the playoffs.

The only problem I have with what Randa said is that the Twins DON'T come out and play with heart everyday. Anyone who's watched them knows that the talent is there ... but it depends which Twins team shows up. Same with the Sox, of course, but to say the Twins play with as much heart as the Royals is just ridiculous.

fledgedrallycap
08-26-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

Well, you may not think so, but I'm sure this is posted in the Sox Club House.

A.T. Money
08-26-2003, 12:28 PM
Randa is saying that because he knows the Royals match up better with the Twins than they do with the Sox. He knows that we're going to pound them. Way to fire us up Joey!