PDA

View Full Version : Don't know if this was mentioned...

MarkEdward
08-26-2003, 02:02 AM
... but the Yankees claimed Felix Heredia off waivers from the Reds. Nice little move from Cashman and the Yanks. Heredia is having a good year, and is no longer a LOOGY; he's holding righties to a sub-.700 OPS (although lefties are hitting him a bit harder this year).

Also, Gabe White will join the Yankees on Tuesday.

http://tinyurl.com/l70d

MHOUSE
08-26-2003, 09:57 PM
My question is how come he was placed on waivers to begin with? I've always thought he was a good reliever and his stats were real good this season. Why not trade him for something or hang onto him? If I were a Reds fan I would be royally upset after this display by their management. Williamson, White, Heredia, Sullivan, that's a solid bullpen given away for almost nothing. They got a top prospect for Boone, but he's a solid player. What a shame.

MarkEdward
08-27-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
My question is how come he was placed on waivers to begin with? I've always thought he was a good reliever and his stats were real good this season. Why not trade him for something or hang onto him? If I were a Reds fan I would be royally upset after this display by their management. Williamson, White, Heredia, Sullivan, that's a solid bullpen given away for almost nothing. They got a top prospect for Boone, but he's a solid player. What a shame.

Well, blame the Cincinnati fire sale on the owner, Carl Lindner. The guy gets a publicly financed stadium and still won't put a dime into the team. What an ass.

As for their pen: Williamson and Sully are the biggest loses. Williamson is relatively young, and therefore can improve. Sullivan seems like a great "character" guy, was cheap, and actually wanted to stay in Cincy. As for the rest, they're all replaceable. There are plenty of Felix Heredias and Gabe Whites out there. No big loses.