PDA

View Full Version : Season-Ending Series in KC

maurice
08-25-2003, 01:59 PM
Assuming that the season-ending, weekend series in KC actually means something in the AL Central standings, it would be great if the White Sox Nation attended those games in droves. To that end, now is a good time to begin some preliminary trip planning.

Here are a few pertinent questions for those who have been to games in KC:

1. There's no way I'm driving past all those corn and bean fields. Which carrier typically offers the best deal on flights to KC? What's a good price range?

2. Where is the best place to stay in KC? Which hotel does the team use?

3. How far from the hotel is the stadium? What's the best way to get there? What's the airspeed velocity of an unladden swallow?

4. Is there anything cool to do at the stadium besides watching the game and the waterfalls?

5. What's the best place for BBQ in KC? What's the best item on the menu? Should you cover said menu item with ketchup and/or mustard?

6. What's fun to do in KC besides watching games, visiting the Negro League Hall of Fame, and eating BBQ? If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?

EDIT: 7. Which stadium seats are the best value?

Answers to these riviting questions, as well as input on any other related issue, would be greatly appreciated.

Fisk72
08-25-2003, 02:10 PM
I'm not an expert on KC, but the one time I was there a couple of years ago, there seemed to be a bunch of cool jazz places, if you're into that. As far as airlines, I've seen some outrageously cheap flights on SouthWest (out of Midway). As far as hotels, I wouldn't stay anywhere in the downtown, since it's pretty much a ghost town after work hours. Plus, I'm pretty sure you can find much closer, cooler places somewhere else. The city is pretty small and conveniently close, so grabbing a cab isn't the worst thing. It's pretty cheap, too. Perhaps things have changed in the past couple years, though.

luvsox56
08-25-2003, 02:25 PM
Right now Southwest has a deal that only costs $90 roundtrip to go there. In fact, my friends and I have alreay booked our flight. I believe this deal ends the 28th of August though, so you may want to consider this sooner rather than later.

CHISOXFAN13
08-25-2003, 02:30 PM
I am booked for the trip already, too. Southwest has clearly the best prices and they also have a boatload of flight options.

The Sox stay in the Fairmount Hotel, and I've stayed at the Adam's Mark across the expressway from the Truman Sports Complex. Both are solid hotels.

SoxFanDan
08-25-2003, 03:38 PM
I live in Lawrence which is 20 mins away.

Though Im still a college kid, i would love to have fellow sox fans meet me at the bars here and then drive to the game. I have tickets and I cant wait. Also the drive is not that bad at all.

StillMissOzzie
08-26-2003, 01:51 AM
There's also a Holiday Inn Express, even closer than the Adam's Mark is to the ballpark, if $$$ is a concern. Leaves you more $$$ to buy :gulp:

Hangar18
08-26-2003, 09:12 AM
Seeing all the fun I had on the last trip, Im unofficially booked for this trip also. I know many of you had emailed me about info...
we'll get that as we go along.....

34 Inch Stick
08-26-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by SoxFanDan
I live in Lawrence which is 20 mins away.

Though Im still a college kid, i would love to have fellow sox fans meet me at the bars here and then drive to the game. I have tickets and I cant wait. Also the drive is not that bad at all.

Can I bring my friend Larry Eustachy with me?