PDA

View Full Version : Grobstein mentioned WSI again ....

Hangar18
08-25-2003, 11:09 AM
After yesterdays game..... Kind of cool that he does that. But I was just going to call him, after he was dissing some of the posters here, for calling out Sosa, also something about someone throwing a towel on the Field, and someone saying too bad there wasnt a brick in it (did someone really say that??)
I wonder if he does that, so that cub fans listening can Immediately think that were bogus or something. It got me thinking, he does a lot of dissing of this place, only to follow it up with he says its a great site. I think his cubness gets to him (about how great this place is) and he remembers that he does like it here. His cohost Tommy then chimed in saying "Everyone on that place isnt that bad, comeon Les".
Hes a cub for sure listening to him, but I like the props he gives.
Les confuses me, but then again, Its not like I should agree with anything he says anyway, he is a cubfan after all. Just thought Id drop this little tidbit out here.....

cheeses_h_rice
08-25-2003, 12:06 PM
LuvSox did say that it would have been funny if there had been a brick wrapped in the towel, which, IMO, is not a cool thing to say at all.

That said, I don't think it's right to generalize the thousands of posters here based on what one person said.

Grobber33
08-25-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
LuvSox did say that it would have been funny if there had been a brick wrapped in the towel, which, IMO, is not a cool thing to say at all.

That said, I don't think it's right to generalize the thousands of posters here based on what one person said.

First,it's cool that some of you did listen. Secondly,I did not generalize at all. I did call out LuvSox(not by name)for the brick comment,not EVERYONE on this site. I also mentioned that someone else here said the call on Friday night(safe at first to break up Zambrano's ho hitter)was a good call,when it certainly was'nt--I was in Arizona(at the Bears fiasco)and even the D-Backs Radio and TV guys ripped the call. I know darned well,that most people here are decent baseball Fans,,,that's why I log on and post here and plug this site on the air as well!! Some just lose it a bit when talking about the Cubs or Sammy.

Clarkdog
08-25-2003, 12:35 PM
Cub fan or not - Les, I like the fact you post here. It's cool that those in the media like yourself, Dave Wills, and Phil Rogers visit the site to take the true pulse of the fan base - whether you agree or not, it makes your broadcasts better and our discussions livelier. So thanks.

That said - you partner TDub last week made the ridiculous prediction that the Twins were going to be in first place at the end this weekend. Tell him to keep his predicitions to himself - yikes! I think TDub has been right, maybe once, in the the time he had been on the air (ESPN and Score combined).

Hangar18
08-25-2003, 12:37 PM
Yes you did Les, but your pal Tommy was the one that reminded you were great, and then you agreed. Im not saying you secretly dont like us.......just wish it wasnt something negative to mention. You know how cub fans are....they'll take the two things you said, Ignore the rest of your sentence, and a Few Days from now, While Im at a bar, or on the street somewhere, some stupid cubfans going to say, "hey man.....you wsi guys throw bricks at cubs players"......which in turn will eventually turn into "I dont go to comiskey because sox Fans throw bricks with a towel wrapped around them.." I almost called you Les
to call you out on that. now that its cleared up......

soxtalker
08-25-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
You know how cub fans are....they'll take the two things you said, Ignore the rest of your sentence, and a Few Days from now, While Im at a bar, or on the street somewhere, some stupid cubfans going to say, "hey man.....you wsi guys throw bricks at cubs players"......which in turn will eventually turn into "I dont go to comiskey because sox Fans throw bricks with a towel wrapped around them.." I almost called you Les

Aren't some Sox fans guilty of this (in reverse) also?

PaleHoseGeorge
08-25-2003, 01:25 PM
I might get chewed up for saying this, but I like Les for being an unabashed and HONEST Cubs fan. What he says on the air (or posts around here) is the real deal.

Sure, he has been drinking too much Kubbie Kool-Aid. Who amongst the Flubbie Faithful hasn't? When he says something I disagree with (and it happens a lot), I just chalk it up as Les being himself--a Flubs fan. There are worse sins in this world, though I can't think of any off the top of my head. :smile:

Now, compare the HONESTY of Les with what passes for intelligent sportsblab radio talk elsewhere on the dial. I gave up listening to idiots like North and Mariotti a long long time ago precisely because they were so transparently trying to get a rise out of their listeners with patented nonsense they stated on the air. Sure, Les and T-Dub start their show with the usual provocative opinions (everyone does it--it's required to have a sportsblab show), but the honesty of their opinions soon shows through.

Everyone else is just grandstanding, chasing a few more ratings points. They could give a rat's ass about insulting the intelligence of their audience. They drag out the crew-cut haircut schtick for as long as possible. Their listeners are being taken for a ride.

Les is honest. He's wrong, but he's honest--and that puts him a leg-up on his competition in my book. :cool:

Viva Magglio
08-25-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Sure, he has been drinking too much Kubbie Kool-Aid. Who amongst the Flubbie Faithful hasn't? When he says something I disagree with (and it happens a lot), I just chalk it up as Les being himself--a Flubs fan. There are worse sins in this world, though I can't think of any off the top of my head. :smile:

I actually may dispute that. Les has said that he's not sold on the Cubs making the playoffs. He makes no bones about who is favotite baseball team is, but he is not a Cubbie Kool-Aid drinker by any means. He'll rip the hell out of them when they do bad. In fact, he once even ripped certain overserved bleacher Cub fans the night they trashed the field after a controversial call went against them. Les was doing Score Overnight back then (Geez, I really miss those days!), and he opened the show tearing these particular drunks a new one. "THEY CAN GO JUMP IN THE LAKE!!!" is the one rant I remember.

LuvSox
08-25-2003, 01:51 PM
For Christ's sake, lighten the **** up. Yeah, I really want to throw a brick at Sosa. Some of you can only seperate reality from sarcasm if it's in teal. Nobody cared when I said it in the first place, why are all of you jumping on the Grobber bandwagon now? Being politically correct blows, people. Here's one that I mean Grobstein---you're a media hack. Go talk about that.

Hangar18
08-25-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
For Christ's sake, lighten the **** up. Yeah, I really want to throw a brick at Sosa. Some of you can only seperate reality from sarcasm if it's in teal. Nobody cared when I said it in the first place, why are all of you jumping on the Grobber bandwagon now? Being politically correct blows, people. Here's one that I mean Grobstein---you're a media hack. Go talk about that.

Im not on the grob wagon. I pointed out that I thought he purposely said he was here, and saw some post about a brick, and he thought it was bs. At that point, one would think thats what were all about...and Tdubb said hey, were not all like that.
I got the sarcasm, so it seemed to be a casual poke at sox fans.
of course, im already biased against the Media in this Town

MRKARNO
08-25-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Grobber33
First,it's cool that some of you did listen. Secondly,I did not generalize at all. I did call out LuvSox(not by name)for the brick comment,not EVERYONE on this site. I also mentioned that someone else here said the call on Friday night(safe at first to break up Zambrano's ho hitter)was a good call,when it certainly was'nt--I was in Arizona(at the Bears fiasco)and even the D-Backs Radio and TV guys ripped the call. I know darned well,that most people here are decent baseball Fans,,,that's why I log on and post here and plug this site on the air as well!! Some just lose it a bit when talking about the Cubs or Sammy.

Zambrano wouldn't have even gotten to that point with the no-no except for some bad calls in which the runner should have been safe earlier. Chip even said that they had caught a break earlier and then ripped the ump for the later bad call. So it all worked out so that there was a bad call going both ways.

34rancher
08-25-2003, 03:08 PM

Les,
I respect your opinions, and truth be told, I hope that the Cubs succeed for guys like yourself......True fans. I do not hate the Cub's players (they have some good ones, but I can't stand Sosa, what a tool, but only one instead of the five he sould have been), but I do not like the Cubs organization. In my opinion, they typify everything that is wrong with sports. They have a faceless owner that is all about corporate greed. That same owner controls a lot of the media in this town, so that they can put a positive spin on their product, while at the same time putting a mediocre outlook on the team on the southside while making a profit off of them through their red-headed step-sister (WGN). They will over-hype every draft pick they make and get verteran "names" who would have been a great pick up 8 years ago. They ahve different prices for different teams. (Which I don't understand since they share gate receipts with the visiting team, how that does not violate the collective bargaining agreement where the rich get richer and the poor get nothing.) I also do not like them for their overall Corporate Greed. Ummmmm.....Premium?

That being said, Les I have always respected you, and I love yours and T-Dub's show. You guys have the same thing that everyone here does about baseball.....Passion. IT is refreshing to see people that have fun talking about sports rather than having to resort to gimicks like North does. I can bet that just about anyone here would love to have that job, and it is cool that you two remember that. It is too bad that you are not a Sox fan, it would be cool for there to be at least one host in town with some passion towards them besides the broadcasters in the booth.

34rancher
08-25-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Zambrano wouldn't have even gotten to that point with the no-no except for some bad calls in which the runner should have been safe earlier. Chip even said that they had caught a break earlier and then ripped the ump for the later bad call. So it all worked out so that there was a bad call going both ways.

That and those hits in the ninth didn't count either did they?

I can hear Zambrano's dad now...."He would have been more focused if he still had it in the ninth".

My reply would be:
Isn't he supposed to be professional and give 100% all of the time, no matter the situation?

alohafri
08-25-2003, 03:22 PM
I read LuvSox's comment about the brick and thought it was pretty funny (although I can't stand Sosa I would never wish serious ill-will on him)...so Les has to pick out that one comment that was pure sarcasm and broadcast it on the air....like Hangar implied, we don't need that kind of publicity from the media...which is why I don't like them mentioning this site on the air because things that are posted will be taken seriously since it's pretty difficult to talk in teal....

(Mrs. Aloha)

JohnJeter
08-25-2003, 03:23 PM
The first thing I'd ask is "why would a guy with a sports talk show mention some throwaway comment that gets posted on a MESSAGE BOARD in the first place?". . . especially citing a website that's as virulently anti-Cub as this one. . .

Seems like a desperation move to fill time or stir things up.

soxtalker
08-25-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher
Les,
I respect your opinions, and truth be told, I hope that the Cubs succeed for guys like yourself......True fans. I do not hate the Cub's players (they have some good ones, but I can't stand Sosa, what a tool, but only one instead of the five he sould have been), but I do not like the Cubs organization. In my opinion, they typify everything that is wrong with sports. They have a faceless owner that is all about corporate greed. That same owner controls a lot of the media in this town, so that they can put a positive spin on their product, while at the same time putting a mediocre outlook on the team on the southside while making a profit off of them through their red-headed step-sister (WGN). They will over-hype every draft pick they make and get verteran "names" who would have been a great pick up 8 years ago. They ahve different prices for different teams. (Which I don't understand since they share gate receipts with the visiting team, how that does not violate the collective bargaining agreement where the rich get richer and the poor get nothing.) I also do not like them for their overall Corporate Greed. Ummmmm.....Premium?

That being said, Les I have always respected you, and I love yours and T-Dub's show. You guys have the same thing that everyone here does about baseball.....Passion. IT is refreshing to see people that have fun talking about sports rather than having to resort to gimicks like North does. I can bet that just about anyone here would love to have that job, and it is cool that you two remember that. It is too bad that you are not a Sox fan, it would be cool for there to be at least one host in town with some passion towards them besides the broadcasters in the booth.

I also like the comments Les makes. Although I'm a lifelong Sox fan, and I've had my share of "issues" with Cub fans, I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the grobber. Back in the days of the southside hitmen in '77, I was a student in Boston. There was no internet, and getting reports on the Sox (everyone there thought that automatically meant the color red) was nearly impossible. There was a sports show on local radio, however, that got reports from around the country, and Les kept me informed.

As to WGN/Tribune, I guess that I just don't find myself that sensitive to those slights so many have reported. I do see it on WGN radio, where announcers will forget about the Sox. This weekend, for example, there was a newcast in which they noted that the Cubs were 0.5 game out of first. They barely mentioned the Sox, and didn't even say that they were in first place by a game. But, of course, I don't have to listen ... I do care that they shift their profits to the broadcast arm, and, thus, may be able to avoid some of the attempts by MLB to tax the higher earning teams.

LuvSox
08-25-2003, 06:35 PM
Wow, am I ever surprised. A couple hours after my last post I thought I was gonna get killed. You people are A-OK in my book, especially Hangar & Mrs. Aloha. I Luuuuuuv WSI. :D:

oheeoh...magglio
08-25-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Wow, am I ever surprised. A couple hours after my last post I thought I was gonna get killed. You people are A-OK in my book, especially Hangar & Mrs. Aloha. I Luuuuuuv WSI. :D:

Man, it good to see you aren't gonna get killed. I mean, i was posting when u made the sosa/brick comment, and you were clearly joking. I remember right before you made the comment, i said something like "i wish it was cork that was thrown on the field." So all the heat you took over it in the first place was blown outta proportion (even if i wouldn't wish getting hit by a brick upon anybody.) Good to see that beef is all over with though :)

TornLabrum
08-25-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Yes you did Les, but your pal Tommy was the one that reminded you were great, and then you agreed. Im not saying you secretly dont like us.......just wish it wasnt something negative to mention. You know how cub fans are....they'll take the two things you said, Ignore the rest of your sentence, and a Few Days from now, While Im at a bar, or on the street somewhere, some stupid cubfans going to say, "hey man.....you wsi guys throw bricks at cubs players"......which in turn will eventually turn into "I dont go to comiskey because sox Fans throw bricks with a towel wrapped around them.." I almost called you Les

I really don't care if Cubs fans think negatively of us. Keep it up, Les. Most of us can defend ourselves in barroom brawls.

TornLabrum
08-25-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher
Les,

From your description of the Cubs in this post, I'd say the major difference between the owners of the two Chicago baseball franchises is that while the Cubs are a faceless entity representing corporate greed, our owner has a face and is a representative of good old-fashioned individual greed.

TornLabrum
08-25-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
I read LuvSox's comment about the brick and thought it was pretty funny (although I can't stand Sosa I would never wish serious ill-will on him)...so Les has to pick out that one comment that was pure sarcasm and broadcast it on the air....like Hangar implied, we don't need that kind of publicity from the media...which is why I don't like them mentioning this site on the air because things that are posted will be taken seriously since it's pretty difficult to talk in teal....

(Mrs. Aloha)

Look at it this way, Mrs. Aloha: At least he's not calling us "a rumor site run by media people."

TornLabrum
08-25-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by JohnJeter
The first thing I'd ask is "why would a guy with a sports talk show mention some throwaway comment that gets posted on a MESSAGE BOARD in the first place?". . . especially citing a website that's as virulently anti-Cub as this one. . .

Seems like a desperation move to fill time or stir things up.

I don't know about the desperation part, but I'll be it was there to stir up conversation. Unfortunately, I fear that the type of conversation that kind of thing is:

Caller A: "Sox suck!"
Caller B: "Sax suck!"

Ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

jabrch
08-25-2003, 07:17 PM
If you report about someone on this site mentioning a brick, it is only fair to mention some of the garbage that comes from some Cubs sites also. I read the other day that Frank Thomas should choke on his aluminum bats. I don't think he was any more serious then the brick comment...

I do appreciate you being here...I just hope you can be objective and report both sides of a story...

PaleHoseGeorge
08-25-2003, 07:38 PM

Wow. That's a harsh assessment. Perhaps you confuse this as being a "virulently anti-Cub" website because you've never visited this one?

The Original "Cubs Suck" (http://www.angelfire.com/il2/cubssuck/)

I can't vouch for the folks posting on WSI's message board. However, if I wanted to make a "virulently anti-Cub" website, I can assure you I could do a far better job of it than what you see here. :smile:

If anything, White Sox Interactive is a virulently pro-Sox website. If you've spent any amount of time reading the editorial content, you know we don't make statements unless we back it up. But if you think that's wrong, so be it. I couldn't disagree more.

DrCrawdad
08-25-2003, 08:52 PM
Does Les Grobstein ever get discussed in Cubbie discussion groups? If so, it's rare and the times that I've seen his name mentioned it's not been always been positive.

IMHO a large number of Les' listeners are Sox fans. With that in mind, I have no doubt that Les says things just to tweak Sox fans, stir the caulderon so to speak.

TornLabrum
08-25-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Does Les Grobstein ever get discussed in Cubbie discussion groups? If so, it's rare and the times that I've seen his name mentioned it's not been always been positive.

IMHO a large number of Les' listeners are Sox fans. With that in mind, I have no doubt that Les says things just to tweak Sox fans, stir the caulderon so to speak.

That would be Ivan Caulderon, of course.

JohnJeter
08-25-2003, 09:29 PM
The Original "Cubs Suck" website.

And that's the baseline from which one compares the balanced look at Chicago baseball on this here forum?

PaleHoseGeorge
08-25-2003, 09:37 PM
The Original "Cubs Suck" website.

And that's the baseline from which one compares the balanced look at Chicago baseball on this here forum?

Nope. If you have issues with the folks posting on this board, take it up with them individually. Instead you're pounding on White Sox Interactive, the website. That's where I come in. If you want to go ahead and claim this is a VIRULENT anti-Cubs website (your words, my emphasis), then sorry my friend. You're going to have to back it up.

I can make the case that this is a virulent pro-Sox site. Maybe you're having trouble comprehending the difference?

Daver
08-25-2003, 09:41 PM
Nope. If you have issues with the folks posting on this board, take it up with them individually. Instead you're pounding on White Sox Interactive, the website. That's where I come in. If you want to go ahead and claim this is a VIRULENT anti-Cubs website (your words, my emphasis), then sorry my friend. You'e going to have to back it up.

I can make the case that is is a virulent pro-Sox site. Maybe you're having trouble comprehending the difference?

Actually you will have to deal with me too,sterotyping this site to fit your opinion is not going to get you very far.

JohnJeter
08-25-2003, 10:05 PM
I'm sure there exist posts expressing something that resembles "balance" with respect to the Cubs-Sox thing here-- I'd also guess that that sort of sentiment gets buried under the avalanche of "Cubs Bad, makes us feel better" roar. I probably should hang out longer before I "stereotype", but the whole Cub-hating thing gets tiresome to this particular White Sox fan. By some folks' standards here, that means I'm not really a "true Sox fan".

Jjav829
08-25-2003, 10:13 PM
I'm sure there exist posts expressing something that resembles "balance" with respect to the Cubs-Sox thing here-- I'd also guess that that sort of sentiment gets buried under the avalanche of "Cubs Bad, makes us feel better" roar. I probably should hang out longer before I "stereotype", but the wholes Cub-hating thing gets tiresome to this particular White Sox fan. By some folks' standards here, that means I'm not really a "true Sox fan".

While you are right about the Cub hating thing getting tiresome, I wouldn't classify the whole site as Cubs hates. Don't forget, WSI is more than just a message board. Aside from the links to Cubs hating sites, I can't think of a single instance where WSI had any Cub bashing on the main page. There are several people in here who take great joy in the Cubs losing, but it is not even close to being a majority.

Personally, I don't mind some Cubs talk. I could go on about any baseball team. I actually wish there was more baseball talk about other teams once in a while but this is a Sox site so I understand that some people might not care to talk about the future of the Devil Rays and how good of a player Aubrey Huff has become. But the Cubs are a rival of the Sox since most Sox fans despise the Cubs, so when the Cubs make a move or something important happens with one of their games, I'm not surprised to see someone bring it up.

jabrch
08-25-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by daver
Actually you will have to deal with me too,sterotyping this site to fit your opinion is not going to get you very far.

I got your backs Daver and George...

:)

PaleHoseGeorge
08-25-2003, 10:16 PM
....By some folks' standards here, that means I'm not really a "true Sox fan".

No, not really. Speaking for myself, that's not true at all. I would much rather read a thread on this board concerning Big Frank or the Sox than some "update" on the latest nonsense coming from Shammy and the Flubbies. The mainstream media gives us plenty of updates on all the latest North Side garbage. I like to think of this as more an oasis for Sox Fans to come home to. It's unfortunate, but a lot of us need to blow off steam because we get so frustrated. It's especially bad for Chicago-based Sox Fans. Sure, this board isn't perfect, but it's better than anyplace else for Sox Fans, IMHO of course. :smile:

Daver
08-25-2003, 10:35 PM
By some folks' standards here, that means I'm not really a "true Sox fan".

We have plenty of none Sox fans that post here,because they can find intelligent baseball discussion here,even though most of it is centered on the Chicago team in the AL Central division.These people register here even if they are Twins fans to find what this board offers,something that they can't find for their own teams,a group of people that want to discuss baseball in all it's forms,without having to deal with idiots that post such enlightened things as "YUR TEEM SUX".Those people stay on the ESPN boards because they are not allowed here.There are many posters here that have a total hatred of the team that plays on the north side of town,but that is by no means the majority,which brought on my "Stereotyping" comment,we would not have Reds fans posting here if what was offered here was to be found anywhere.This is a baseball discussion forum that is based on the Chicago White Sox,but open to a fan of any team that offers intelligent discussion to the mix.

JohnJeter
08-25-2003, 10:42 PM
Got it- I'm Chicago-based too, and I constantly make snide references to the "cute ones" to friends and family. . .altho I think that sometimes these forums (Soxtalk, this one, and the very obscure but extremely high-quality World Crossing one) drift into excessive Cub-obsessiveness.

DrCrawdad
08-25-2003, 11:14 PM
I'm sure there exist posts expressing something that resembles "balance" with respect to the Cubs-Sox thing here-- I'd also guess that that sort of sentiment gets buried under the avalanche of "Cubs Bad, makes us feel better" roar. I probably should hang out longer before I "stereotype", but the whole Cub-hating thing gets tiresome to this particular White Sox fan. By some folks' standards here, that means I'm not really a "true Sox fan".

Do you go by the name of "Bubba", a Cub fan who posts in the Cubs and Sox newsgroups?

JohnJeter
08-25-2003, 11:52 PM
Is that a rhetorical question?

jabrch
08-26-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

That he wanted Sammy to get hit with a brick? Do you think I really meant we should club people throwing balls back on the field like seals? You are a journalist...you know better...

Grobber33
08-26-2003, 06:32 PM
As always,some of you are right,some are nuts,but this is a blast!! Bet right now I'm having more fun than any(or at least most)of you. This is being posted from the Press Box in YANKEE STADIUM. Clemens vs Loaiza tonite. Not bad at all!!! LES

jabrch
08-26-2003, 06:47 PM
As always,some of you are right,some are nuts,but this is a blast!! Bet right now I'm having more fun than any(or at least most)of you. This is being posted from the Press Box in YANKEE STADIUM. Clemens vs Loaiza tonite. Not bad at all!!! LES

You have the coolest job in the world! I can totally hear you saying what you just typed...

Cheer for the Sox Les...You are a Chicago guy, above all!

Go Sox!

(and Les, thanks for being a good guy in a city with lots of media people that are not...)

oheeoh...magglio
08-26-2003, 08:53 PM

Man, you are one lucky guy. I hope that journalism major i want works out and i'm in the position you are right now one day...

Grobber33
08-26-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
Man, you are one lucky guy. I hope that journalism major i want works out and i'm in the position you are right now one day...

BTW Guys(and Girls),,,not only was I here in NY tonight,but Jeff Blanzy of ABC7 is also in town to cover the entire series. Many wondered why Jim Rose went to Houston last week with the Cubs,but not Texas with the Sox,,,it's because Houston was a first place team and the Rangers are in dead last. The Sox are playing another first place unit(Yanks)so Channel 7 is here!!!
Wow did they beat the living CRAP out of these guys tonite!!!
LES

Daver
08-26-2003, 10:24 PM

LES

Never underestimate the Bing Les. :redneck

hose
08-26-2003, 10:28 PM

WHOA !!!!

I never figured you to go to NY for a Sox game, way to go Les.

Do you think you could get the skinny on Flash's hammy?

p.s. this crow I'm eating taste like chicken :D:

oheeoh...magglio
08-26-2003, 10:31 PM
BTW Guys(and Girls),,,not only was I here in NY tonight,but Jeff Blanzy of ABC7 is also in town to cover the entire series. Many wondered why Jim Rose went to Houston last week with the Cubs,but not Texas with the Sox,,,it's because Houston was a first place team and the Rangers are in dead last. The Sox are playing another first place unit(Yanks)so Channel 7 is here!!!
LES

Wow man, follow the sox more often u appear to be good luck :)

Grobber33
08-26-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
Wow man, follow the sox more often u appear to be good luck :)

I dont know man,,,,I was in St.Pete July 4th when Carl Crawford beat Koch---but I guess Koch over rules any luck I may bring this team. Flash said he's OK,,he did get a K to end the game,but it would be nice if Jerry can rest him tomorrow night.

oheeoh...magglio
08-26-2003, 10:55 PM
I dont know man,,,,I was in St.Pete July 4th when Carl Crawford beat Koch---but I guess Koch over rules any luck I may bring this team. Flash said he's OK,,he did get a K to end the game,but it would be nice if Jerry can rest him tomorrow night.

That was insane bringing flash in, good to hear he's ok though. And yes, koch DOES overrule any luck ANYBODY brings this team.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-26-2003, 10:57 PM
LES

Hey Les, where's Giangreco tonight? Live remote from the Arch or Laclede's Landing?

:smile:

Grobber33
08-27-2003, 06:41 PM
Hey Les, where's Giangreco tonight? Live remote from the Arch or Laclede's Landing?

:smile:

Cant answer that,,,Mark is in St.Louis,Blanzey is in NY. I am now in Foxboro(yawn!!).

adsit
08-27-2003, 06:52 PM
Cant answer that,,,Mark is in St.Louis,Blanzey is in NY. I am now in Foxboro(yawn!!).

Count your blessings, Les... could've been Hartford... :D:

DrCrawdad
08-27-2003, 07:44 PM
Can't answer that...Mark is in St.Louis, Blanzey is in NY. I am now in Foxboro (yawn!!).

Why are you in Foxboro?

A couple of computer questions...

Apple or Windoze PeeCee, which do you use? IIRC I've seen you in The Shrine pressbox with an Apple Mac laptop.

When you're in the various pressboxes, how do you connect to the internet? Phone modem? Or thru a network?

adsit
08-27-2003, 07:54 PM
Why are you in Foxboro?

Bears are here to play NE in the preseason finale for both teams; I didn't know that until I looked it up trying to answer that same question for myself... NFL? I've been preoccupied with baseball.

DrCrawdad
08-27-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by adsit
Bears are here to play NE in the preseason finale for both teams; I didn't know that until I looked it up trying to answer that same question for myself... NFL? I've been preoccupied with baseball.

OOPS!!! I guess that just goes to show that DrCrawdad is a Sox (baseball) fan first...Bears (football) somewhere down the line.

WSPav
08-28-2003, 10:55 AM
Please help me understand the hypocrisy here. Wednesday morning there was a thread here started by CubFan who was talking about the Flubbie "tradition" of throwing opposing teams homerun balls back on the field. This guy had his head handed to him (deservedly so) and was called an idiot, a moron and virtually every other name imaginable. Posters were even asking that he be banned from posting here again. However, when grobber makes similar posts and or comments, he is treated like royalty and god forbid if anybody takes shots at him or calls him names. If grobber was the author of that that thread, would it still be posted here? Would the reaction to that thread have been the same as it was? I have read posts and heard comments made by Les that are just as ridiculous and I feel he deserves the same treatment as any other Flubby fan who spews the Flubbie propaganda. On another thread, I read people ripping Julie Swieca, who is a huge SOX fan. I just don't understand it. In my book, a Flubs fan is just that, a Flubs fan, regardless of his or her media status. I know that I am going to get ripped by all the grobber backers, but I felt I had to make my point. Anyway, GO SOX!!

LuvSox
08-28-2003, 11:50 AM
Did you notice the nice backstroke Grobstein did after he started getting bashed in this thread? All of a sudden he's got a boner because he's covering the game in NY. Not fooled.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-28-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by WSPav
Please help me understand the hypocrisy here. Wednesday morning there was a thread here started by CubFan who was talking about the Flubbie "tradition" of throwing opposing teams homerun balls back on the field. This guy had his head handed to him (deservedly so)... If grobber was the author of that that thread, would it still be posted here? Would the reaction to that thread have been the same as it was? I have read posts and heard comments made by Les that are just as ridiculous and I feel he deserves the same treatment....

First, thanks for posting. I'm not aware of anything Les has ever posted that was anywhere near as "ridiculous" as what Cubfan opined in his very first post. I suggest if you have issues with ridiculous things that Les posts, you post your own reply noting how ridiculous he is. That's the object of having this message board.

I would also note that unlike Cubfan, Les has been posting here for a long time. I guarantee he didn't post anything nearly as outrageous (or gasp--even trollish!) in his first post here that Cubfan most-definitely did and now whines about for the resulting treatment he was given for his own actions. I don't think it is being fair to compare Les in this manner at all.

Anybody can post anytime, including you, Les, and even Cubfan. How you get treated afterwards is up to the others who post here. Obnoxious behavior and trolling will get you banned. I count that as a positive for posting on this board, not a negative. Of course I'm biased in my opinion. :redneck

Go Sox!

Grobber33
08-28-2003, 12:32 PM
Why are you in Foxboro?

A couple of computer questions...

Apple or Windoze PeeCee, which do you use? IIRC I've seen you in The Shrine pressbox with an Apple Mac laptop.

When you're in the various pressboxes, how do you connect to the internet? Phone modem? Or thru a network?

My Laptop is a Dell. I use dial up since I can then use it anywhere I am. It works at Wrigley,Comiskey,UC,I had it working at Yankee Stadium and last night in Gillette Stadium. We have DSL at ESPN 1000,and I also have cable access close to home if I need more speed than dial up offers. BTW I use 2 different dialup services--good to have a backup if one goes down,or gets very slow which happens way too often.