PDA

View Full Version : Whjte Sox Jnteractjve

MarqSox
08-25-2003, 10:50 AM
Anyone else notice that the new masthead on the homepage uses the Cleveland "J" instead of the more traditional "I" ?

voodoochile
08-25-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Anyone else notice that the new masthead on the homepage uses the Cleveland "J" instead of the more traditional "I" ?

That's a script "I". It's always been one, but when it is by itself, it looks like a script "J". Just curious, do they even teach cursive writing in school anymore, or have computers killed the necessity?

davenicholson
08-25-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Just curious, do they even teach cursive writing in school anymore, or have computers killed the necessity?
I just checked with my soon-to-be fourth grade daughter, and yes, they do still teach cursive, at least in the Naperville school system. Much to my daughter's chagrin!

MarqSox
08-25-2003, 02:18 PM
That's a script "I". It's always been one, but when it is by itself, it looks like a script "J". Just curious, do they even teach cursive writing in school anymore, or have computers killed the necessity?
I'm aware, I was just pointing it out because many WSI posters (myself included) have traditionally spelled Indians "Jndjans" because of the cursive "I" on their jersey that looks more like a "J." It struck me as ironic that it had come full circle.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-25-2003, 09:19 PM
Obviously the script "White Sox" came directly from the uniform design used 1987-90. I'm not sure how ihatethecubs created the "Interactive" part, but the typeface looks like an identical match.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but my typing skills have greatly improved since I got my first PC over ten years ago. Unfortunately, my handwriting skills have slowly gotten worse. :cool:

PaleHoseGeorge
08-25-2003, 09:23 PM
Speaking of the old script "White Sox" logo of 1987, does anyone else think the "W" looks a lot like the Average White Band's girl's butt logo? Their albums we're the **** back in the day...

..."she said look, boy. But don't you touch! That ain't much... only a school-boy CRUSH!"

:)

WinningUgly!
08-25-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Speaking of the old script "White Sox" logo of 1987, does anyone else think the "W" looks a lot like the Average White Band's girl's butt logo? Their albums we're the **** back in the day...

..."she said look, boy. But don't you touch! That ain't much... only a school-boy CRUSH!"

:)

Look out! PHG is having an 8-track flashback! :D:
http://www.randysrodeo.com/graphics/soul/average.jpg

PaleHoseGeorge
08-25-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Hey, go ahead and try telling me we couldn't have an AWESOME White Sox Interactive front page header graphic based on the Average White Band girl's butt logo. It looks EXACTLY like the '87 script "White Sox" logo.

Maybe that's why I was wearing my script "White Sox" jersey at the Cell yesterday. :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
08-25-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Hey, go ahead and try telling me we couldn't have an AWESOME White Sox Interactive front page header graphic based on the Average White Band girl's butt logo. It looks EXACTLY like the '87 script "White Sox" logo.

Maybe that's why I was wearing my script "White Sox" jersey at the Cell yesterday. :D:

:bluesbros
"Howdy! We're the 'Average White Sox Interactive Band'."

AWB = WSI. Oh, it would be perfect for after the season ends. :smile:

Daver
08-25-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

The really scary part is I own six copies of that on vinyl as well as owning the 8 track...........

voodoochile
08-26-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by daver
The really scary part is I own six copies of that on vinyl as well as owning the 8 track...........

Did you realize you said that outloud? :D:

Okay, I'll bite... WHY?

Daver
08-26-2003, 12:40 AM
Did you realize you said that outloud? :D:

Okay, I'll bite... WHY?

I have a bad habit of buying out radio stations old vinyl when they switched to CD format,I have bought six stations vinyl,to the tune of over one hundred thousand albums,I sort through it for the white label promos and box the rest till I have time to index it.

I have indexed up to F so far,So far I have yet to beat the 47 copies I have of "Dark Side of the Moon",I sold the three versions I had as white label promos,it equalled almost my whole investment in buying all of them.

adsit
08-26-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by daver

Scary, why? AWB is ESSENTIAL to any well-curated funky junky 70's vinyl collection. I hung onto mine, too, because I know it's really jazz fusion, not disco :D: At least it was at that time, before their drummer coked out and the band became less James Brown, more Donna Summer.

And Mannnn... that takes me back. Pick up the pieces, whoa yeah...