PDA

View Full Version : 5 Games in 7 Days

NewyorkSoxFan
08-24-2003, 07:00 PM
Just to keep everybody up even though we didn't sweep, I had to make a trip to Ikea, and as I was waiting in the line that went out of the store and back to the parking garage I began to think about the past week.

Last week at this time we were about to be swept by the Rangers and were coming home not really knowing what to expect from this team. We sweep the Angels, and take 3 or 4 from the Rangers and instead of being 3 games back we have caught and passed everyone.

So we should all have good thoughts as my boys meet me here in the Big Bad Bronx and take 2 of 3 from the Yanks. I can feel it!!! So instead of letting myself get down b/c of how we lost today I chose to look at the week that was!!

NYSF

chisoxfanatic
08-24-2003, 11:50 PM
There ya go! Are you going to any of the games at Yankee Stadium?

I'm liking our chances for a series win coming up at the house that Ruth built. It is nice that we have Loaiza anchoring this series, since he has only had a mere two non-quality starts this entire season. I'm looking forward to seeing him go deep into the game and allowing our offense some breathing room. We should win this game, which really would set a positive tone for the rest of the series.

Jurr
08-25-2003, 12:47 AM
Jeez...I can't feel bummed at all about the way this week went. 6-1 will work any day of the week. NY isn't playing that great of baseball lately, and they're going to be hard pressed to beat a pumped up Sox team. As Frank said, " We seem to really get focused when it's a quality team across the field."
It's going to be fun.

NewyorkSoxFan
08-25-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Jurr
Jeez...I can't feel bummed at all about the way this week went. 6-1 will work any day of the week. NY isn't playing that great of baseball lately, and they're going to be hard pressed to beat a pumped up Sox team. As Frank said, " We seem to really get focused when it's a quality team across the field."
It's going to be fun.

I don't get bummed about the week, I just getted pissed b/c had they played this way all year we wouldn't be in for the fight of our life. They Yankees lost 2 of 3 to the O's this weekend, but no one here is concerned about the Red Sox so nobody is really panicking. I do think its a chance for the Sox to open some eyes nationally. No one here really takes the Central seriously, every talk show caller to the Fan or ESPN, and even the hosts dismiss us and say "Well it doesn't matter who comes out of the Central, we have to worry about the ALCS". I am hoping that the Sox can put the fear of god in them this weekend and show them that if they get us in the playoffs they won't be waltzing to the WS.

Of course they felt the same way last year when they played the Angels and even though the Angels split the first 2 here in NY they still thought it was in the bag, until Wells got hammered in game 3 and then the reality that they could lose hit them. I suspect that they feel the same way about us.

Unfortunately I am moving to Pa this weekend and won't be able to attend any games at the Stadium, but if we come back in October you bet I will be here for one of those games.

NYSF

I will still be keeping my NEW YORK SOX FAN moniker though!!!