PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Lineup

SoxFanDan
08-24-2003, 11:20 AM
will it be the usual sunday graff leading off and rowand hitting second.

TornLabrum
08-24-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by SoxFanDan

The same evaluation that Rufus T. Firefly made of Chicolini applies to Jerry Manuel: "Chicolini may look like an idiot, and he may talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot." '

SoxFanDan
08-24-2003, 11:42 AM
does that mean yes??? im aware jm is an idiot

npdempse
08-24-2003, 11:46 AM
I doubt it. We have tomorrow off. You may see one or two benchers out there, but it won't be a B team Sunday since they don't have to catch a plane after the game and play on Monday.

voodoochile
08-24-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by npdempse
I doubt it. We have tomorrow off. You may see one or two benchers out there, but it won't be a B team Sunday since they don't have to catch a plane after the game and play on Monday.

You act like Jerry has never done exactly that in similar circumstances earlier this season...

:jerry
(eyes getting bigger as he talks) "Two days off? That's simply amazing. Just think of the napping one could do...uhhhhhhhh... napping..." (drools like Homer)

Nick@Nite
08-24-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
The same evaluation that Gen. Disarray made of Chicolini applies to Jerry Manuel: "Chicolini may look like an idiot, and he may talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot." '

General Disarry = JM + Idiot... got it. What/Who is "Chicolini"?

MisterB
08-24-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by PinchALoaf
General Disarry = JM + Idiot... got it. What/Who is "Chicolini"?

It's a quote from 'Duck Soup". That should be Rufus T. Firefly, not Gen. Disarray. (Firefly = Groucho Marx, Chicolini = Chico Marx)

jeremyb1
08-24-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by SoxFanDan

That's our lineup against lefties. Am I the only one who can comprehend our lefthanded lineup vs. our righthanded lineup? really its not that complicated.

Vs. Righthanded Pitching:

Alomar
Carlos
Frank
Maggs
Everett
Paully
Valentin
Crede
Olivo/Alomar

Vs. Lefthaned Pitching

Graffanino
Rowand
Frank
Maggs
Carlos
Paully
Crede
Valentin
Olivo/Alomar

or if Alomar is the lineup:

Graffanino
Alomar
Frank
Maggs
Carlos
Paully
Crede
Rowand
Olivo/Alomar

I don't think that's so complicated having a lineup vs. lefties and a lineup vs. righties while playing Alomar vs. lefties occasionally and Valentin vs. lefties occasionally. Apparently though, no one here can even realizes the fact that the lineup is different based on whether the pitcher is left or right handed. Everyone thinks its a random occurance when Graff and Rowand play. To use a line other posters here seem so fond of using on me, "Do you watch the games at all?!?!"

TornLabrum
08-24-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by MisterB
It's a quote from 'Duck Soup". That should be Rufus T. Firefly, not Gen. Disarray. (Firefly = Groucho Marx, Chicolini = Chico Marx)

Thanks for the catch. I missed it the first time around. I've edited it.

RKMeibalane
08-24-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1

Okay, I think this debate about lefty/righty matchups and tinkering has gone on long enough. You've made your position on the subject clear, as have several other people. Now, I think it would be better for you to drop the matter, rathan than risking another confrontation with one of the mods.

jeremyb1
08-24-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Okay, I think this debate about lefty/righty matchups and tinkering has gone on long enough. You've made your position on the subject clear, as have several other people. Now, I think it would be better for you to drop the matter, rathan than risking another confrontation with one of the mods.

What, I'm not aloud to disagree with any of the moderators?

I more or less agree with you that its beating a dead horse but I'm not the one who continuosly starts these conversations. You wan't me to stop discussing it because I'm in the minority and you personally disagree with me. If you want to talk about bringing up issues that are discussed ad naseum on this board how about "tinkering" or Frank at 1B vs. DH. The only difference in this situation is that I disagree and I'm voicing my opinion on the matter so there is conflict but if you'll look around, I'm not the one starting threads on the issue.

If people keep bringing it up I'm going to keep disagreeing with them. If someone suggests Manuel randomly plays Graffanino and Rowand when the two hitters have played a total of one game against righthanded pitching in the second half with the exception of Graff filling in for Crede when he was injured, I'm going to correct them. Disagree with the platoon if you must but don't deny its existance. Someone who expresses that viewpoint obviously needs the facts clarified for them.

TornLabrum
08-24-2003, 04:23 PM
What, I'm not aloud to disagree with any of the moderators?

Sorry, you're only allowed to disagree in print, not aloud.

jeremyb1
08-24-2003, 06:47 PM
Sorry, you're only allowed to disagree in print, not aloud.

Haha.

LauraJ14
08-24-2003, 07:14 PM
jeremy,
You are not alone, I understand about the righty/lefty lineups because I heard JM on the radio pregame interview with John Rooney explain why he was doing it. So I guess it pays to listen to JM once in awhile.

So what do JM haters have to complain about today?
He rested the starters on Sunday, nope ( all played)
He took Jon out too early, nope (let him pitch into the 8th)
The Sox got beat today by a pitcher that is 8-1 since July 1.

TornLabrum
08-24-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by LauraJ14
jeremy,
You are not alone, I understand about the righty/lefty lineups because I heard JM on the radio pregame interview with John Rooney explain why he was doing it. So I guess it pays to listen to JM once in awhile.

So what do JM haters have to complain about today?
He rested the starters on Sunday, nope ( all played)
He took Jon out too early, nope (let him pitch into the 8th)
The Sox got beat today by a pitcher that is 8-1 since July 1.

Not every loss is Jerry Manuel's fault. Sometimes the pitchers don't pitch or the hitters don't hit. Sometimes the other pitcher just has a good day.

None of Manuel's detractors have said otherwise that I know of, and if any of them do, they're bigger idiots than Manuel.

maurice
08-25-2003, 12:18 PM
Sunday's lineup was tinker-free, yet still failed miserably. Perhaps the Sox bats don't work on the Sabbath.

:everett:
"Now THAT'S in the Bible! Screw that dinosaur crap."

jeremyb1
08-25-2003, 08:00 PM
Not every loss is Jerry Manuel's fault. Sometimes the pitchers don't pitch or the hitters don't hit. Sometimes the other pitcher just has a good day.

None of Manuel's detractors have said otherwise that I know of, and if any of them do, they're bigger idiots than Manuel.

I'm guessing that multiple posters on this board have attributed 90% of our losses to Manuel. That's not to say that any one individual has attributed 90% of our losses to Manuel but after 90% of our losses there are a number of people on this board that pin the loss directly on Manuel. If you take the group that despises Manuel as a whole, virtually every loss is his fault.

TornLabrum
08-25-2003, 08:02 PM
I'm guessing that multiple posters on this board have attributed 90% of our losses to Manuel. That's not to say that any one individual has attributed 90% of our losses to Manuel but after 90% of our losses there are a number of people on this board that pin the loss directly on Manuel. If you take the group that despises Manuel as a whole, virtually every loss is his fault.

Nah...only 90% of them! :D: