PDA

View Full Version : I'm glad we went 1-6 on the road to Texas and Anaheim

Steve Bartman
08-24-2003, 10:25 AM
This may sound strange from just looking at the title of the thread, but I am glad we lost 5 out of 6. If it wasn't for falling out of first place and behind K.C., we would have never have gotten Scott Sullivan. Kansas City put in a claim on Scott Sullivan, but since we were lower in the standings we were higher on the waiver priority list. So we basically benifitted off of being lower in the standings. I believe Scott Sullivan was the missing piece. When we missed out on Jeff Nelson, I was very mad. But I look at Sullivan, and he could be just as good, if not better than Nelson.

WinningUgly!
08-24-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Cubsloseagain911
This may sound strange from just looking at the title of the thread, but I am glad we lost 5 out of 6. If it wasn't for falling out of first place and behind K.C., we would have never have gotten Scott Sullivan. Kansas City put in a claim on Scott Sullivan, but since we were lower in the standings we were higher on the waiver priority list. So we basically benifitted off of being lower in the standings. I believe Scott Sullivan was the missing piece. When we missed out on Jeff Nelson, I was very mad. But I look at Sullivan, and he could be just as good, if not better than Nelson.

Jerry Manuel's tinkering finally pays off! :)

voodoochile
08-24-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Jerry Manuel's tinkering finally pays off! :)

:jerry
"There's a madness to my method... er... I mean a method to may madness..."

WinningUgly!
08-24-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
:jerry
"There's a madness to my method... er... I mean a method to may madness..."

"It's March Madness, Baby!"
http://www.ramapo.edu/news/magazine/vol2issue1sp01/images/Dvitale2.jpg