PDA

View Full Version : Sox on ESPN thursday 8/28 vs. yanks

MRKARNO
08-24-2003, 01:54 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/television

I dont believe anyone has mentioned this yet

the game's at 12:00 PM thu. 8/28 in the bronx on ESPN

scheduled matchup:

Mark Buehrle (11-12 4.01 ERA) vs. Mike Mussina (14-6 3.02 ERA)

2 games in a six day period, not bad

TornLabrum
08-24-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/television

I dont believe anyone has mentioned this yet

the game's at 12:00 PM thu. 8/28 in the bronx on ESPN

scheduled matchup:

Mark Buehrle (11-12 4.01 ERA) vs. Mike Mussina (14-6 3.02 ERA)

2 games in a six day period, not bad

Great...by the time I'm done at work, the game will be over.

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-24-2003, 02:05 AM
stupid school! :angry:

rcescato
08-24-2003, 02:27 AM
Hey the Sox are on at noon. Thats great I work nights and I can't watch to many games. Maybe on Thursday we will be going
for another sweep.
Go SOX!!! GO BIG HURT !!!!!!!!!!!!

emaholic
08-24-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337

Tell me about it! Dammit.

voodoochile
08-24-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337

Back in the olden days WAY before the Internet and even cable TV (ancient history, I know), people used to sneak in "transister radios" and try to keep the cord hidden from their teacher. Now far be it for me to advocate NOT paying attention to your teachers on the 3rd day of classes (or whatever), but with all the new-fangled gadgetry out there, there should be SOME WAY for you to follow the game. Don't all kids have PALM Pilots with wireless Internet access these days? :D:

Cell phones can follow games. Pagers can follow games. If push comes to shove, a cheap AM radio only costs $10 or so and comes with headphones...

GO SOX! Give the fans a reason to ditch... :)

TornLabrum
08-24-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Back in the olden days WAY before the Internet and even cable TV (ancient history, I know), people used to sneak in "transister radios" and try to keep the cord hidden from their teacher. Now far be it for me to advocate NOT paying attention to your teachers on the 3rd day of classes (or whatever), but with all the new-fangled gadgetry out there, there should be SOME WAY for you to follow the game. Don't all kids have PALM Pilots with wireless Internet access these days? :D:

Cell phones can follow games. Pagers can follow games. If push comes to shove, a cheap AM radio only costs $10 or so and comes with headphones...

You just mentioned a whole lot of electronic devices that many schools don't allow their students to (openly) carry.

emaholic
08-24-2003, 01:02 PM

I get out of school at 2 on Thursdays, instead of 3, so I might be able to catch the end of the game. That is, if the bus comes on time.

TornLabrum
08-24-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by emaholic
I get out of school at 2 on Thursdays, instead of 3, so I might be able to catch the end of the game. That is, if the bus comes on time.

And if Buehrle isn't pitching.

voodoochile
08-24-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
You just mentioned a whole lot of electronic devices that many schools don't allow their students to (openly) carry.

What about the teachers? I can only assume that a certain physics prof will find a way to follow the score on Thursday. Perhaps you can devote a corner of the blackboard to updates for the more rabid fans in class and earn yourself a few extra teacher of the year votes in the process... :D:

Lip Man 1
08-24-2003, 02:16 PM
But remember ESPN is only showing the game to showcase the Yankees...they don't "like" the Sox !

Lip

chisoxfanatic
08-24-2003, 02:36 PM

At many stores, they also sell those little things you clip on your ear. You can stuff the cord down your shirt and clip it on to your underwear. Having long hair is a plus, as you can completely cover the ear that it's in.

TornLabrum
08-24-2003, 04:51 PM
What about the teachers? I can only assume that a certain physics prof will find a way to follow the score on Thursday. Perhaps you can devote a corner of the blackboard to updates for the more rabid fans in class and earn yourself a few extra teacher of the year votes in the process... :D:

I plan on having at least one of my classroom computers on whitesox.com so I can get the inning by inning.

voodoochile
08-24-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I plan on having at least one of my classroom computers on whitesox.com so I can get the inning by inning.

Man, what a double standard... Students of the world unite! You deserve baseball updates in class! :)

TornLabrum
08-24-2003, 05:00 PM
Man, what a double standard... Students of the world unite! You deserve baseball updates in class! :)

Oh, the students will be kept informed. Especially the Cubs fans among them if we're winning.

southsidegirl
08-24-2003, 09:08 PM
I feel your pain! I like to check it in between periods, or ask my guy teachers. Last year at least they all knew of my obsession with the Sox. The worst is during Track season on away meets. The bus is so freaking loud, I can barely hear my walkman. Speaking of school, I gotta figure out which sox pictures I'm gonna put in my locker!!

oheeoh...magglio
08-24-2003, 10:24 PM
Man, it is times like these i'm glad i didn't take that extra study hall freshman year. Although i start school tomorrow, i only have to take 4 more classes for my senior year so i'm out of school by 11:18 everyday so i don't have to miss the game :) WOO HOO!! lol