PDA

View Full Version : post season tickets

soxwon
08-23-2003, 06:38 PM
as a season ticket holder, i received my letter from the sox, for $335 i receive my seat in the upper deck for all the post season games, including series games.
did anyone receive theres and how much is yours going to cost, all in all it could go 10 games in all here that comes down to $33 bucks a ticket.

Viva Magglio
08-23-2003, 06:48 PM
I got mine today as well. Remember that the post season payment is due in full September 5th!!!

jabrch
08-23-2003, 07:21 PM
but when will post game seats go on sale to gen-pop?

dickallen15
08-23-2003, 07:22 PM
It cost more than that. Do you have a split season plan. If you do you get 3 ALDS games, 1 ALCS game and 1 world series game. The upper deck price alone is $125 a piece for upper deck boxes for the world series.

jabrch
08-23-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by dickallen15
It cost more than that. Do you have a split season plan. If you do you get 3 ALDS games, 1 ALCS game and 1 world series game. The upper deck price alone is $125 a piece for upper deck boxes for the world series.

I know that is expensive...dont get me wrong...

But wouldn't you like to actually be able to spend it...It would mean we were in the WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!

dickallen15
08-23-2003, 07:36 PM
yeah. I have a split upper deck box, and its $325 for my package. It would be a pleasure to pay for it. If they don't make the playoffs next years seats are almost all paid off. If they make it its even better. A can't lose situation.

Clembasbal
08-23-2003, 10:06 PM
I got mine as well, the only thing is that for the World Series they stuck us in section 101 -- if anybody has ever sat in the two sections near the fan deck you can't see the otherside of the field.

So I am ordering them while being upset about the location, but happy with the idea of the Sox being there! :gulp:

ewokpelts
08-23-2003, 10:28 PM
I'll be in sec 161 & 162 for my playoff tickets....remember...the extra alds order form is due the 5th of september as well......I also got an order form for playoff tickets cuz I'm a group event leader...those tix are for the alds in the upper reserved.......as for those who mock the sections by the fan deck....the first 10 rows of section 164 are grewat..my season tix are in row four of that section
Gene

hose
08-23-2003, 10:45 PM
:reinsy

"Keep that money rolling in boys!!"

My invoice is for $850:
ALDS Series 3 games , 2 seats @ $50 = $300
ALCS Series 1 game , 2 seats @$90 = $180
World Series 1 game , 2 seats @ $175 = $350
1 handling charge = $20

Postseason ticket prices, set by MLB:

ALDS (potential# home games - 3 , best of 5)
lower deck box/club level - $50
lower deck reserve/bleachers/upper deck box- $40
upper deck reserve- $30

ALCS (potential# home games- 4 , best of 7)
lower deck box/club level -$90
lower deck reserve/bleachers/upper deck box- $70
upper deck reserve- $50

WORLD SERIES (potential home games 1,2,6 and 7 are set because of the American League winning the All-Star game)
lower deck box/ club level - $175
lower deck reserve/bleachers/upper deck box- $125
upper deck reserve - $110

Price breakdown/ticket use for split season plan

You are eligible to purchase 5 postseason games . you must purchase ALL of the games which you are invoiced (5)

ALDS games - 3
ALCS games- 1 (home game #2)
World Series game 2

Brian26
08-23-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by hose
:ALDS (potential home games 1, 2, and 3)

ALCS (potential home games 1,2, and 4)

WORLD SERIES (potential home games 1,2,6 and 7)

Hose-

Can you explain the ALCS and ALDS games again. I understand the AL team will host games 1,2, an 6 & 7 if necessary. Not sure what you mean with the ALCS though. Potential games 1, 2 and 4? Isn't that a 2-2-1-1-1 format? And the ALDS is a 2-2-1 format, right? Obviously the ALDS and ALCS is based on record at the end of the season, so I don't understand how they pick the games already. For the ALCS, what if the Sox don't host game 1 or 2?

kempsted
08-24-2003, 01:53 AM
Yeah I got mine today as well. SoxWon go back and read more closely. You don't get all of the games for that price.

What a joke - they charge me for all three division series games. Ummm - the likelihood of 3 division games is .... close enough to zero. So despite what it says I am really eligible to purchase 4 post season games. I assume that the ALCS #2 means their second home game? How could they know it would be game 2 otherwise. The world series is set thanks to our Allstar game win though. I just hope there really will be 4 games to go to :)

hose
08-24-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
Hose-

Can you explain the ALCS and ALDS games again. I understand the AL team will host games 1,2, an 6 & 7 if necessary. Not sure what you mean with the ALCS though. Potential games 1, 2 and 4? Isn't that a 2-2-1-1-1 format? And the ALDS is a 2-2-1 format, right? Obviously the ALDS and ALCS is based on record at the end of the season, so I don't understand how they pick the games already. For the ALCS, what if the Sox don't host game 1 or 2?

I went back and edited the post to make it a little more understandable. :D:

I left off game 7(typo) for the ALCS. You are correct it is a best of 7 series . The ALDS is best of 5.

My invoice is for home game #2 for the ALCS and game #2 for the World Series.

The ALDS & ALCS home dates are not known yet, but the World Series home dates are......thank you A.L. All-Stars

steff
08-24-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by soxwon
as a season ticket holder, i received my letter from the sox, for $335 i receive my seat in the upper deck for all the post season games, including series games.
did anyone receive theres and how much is yours going to cost, all in all it could go 10 games in all here that comes down to $33 bucks a ticket.

For $335 you were offered tickets to ALL the home games..??

I'd love to see that letter if it's so.

Dadawg_77
08-24-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Clembasbal
I got mine as well, the only thing is that for the World Series they stuck us in section 101 -- if anybody has ever sat in the two sections near the fan deck you can't see the otherside of the field.

So I am ordering them while being upset about the location, but happy with the idea of the Sox being there! :gulp:

Pluis you can't see the scoreboard. My tickets used to be over there, but we were moved over to 102.

SoxFanDan
08-24-2003, 11:25 AM
stop talking post season, im so superstitious

MarqSox
08-24-2003, 01:57 PM
A thought: Since there are many season ticket holders here, as well as many fans like me who are dying to go to the playoffs but don't have season tickets, any chance we could arrange some sort of ticket exchange thing here? I'm not sure how that would work as far as the ticket scalping laws, but I gotta think there would be at least a few WSIers who will have extra tickets and be willing to sacrifice a bit of profit to sell to other diehards in the community here.

Or perhaps I'm just being overly optimistic :)

jabrch
08-24-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
A thought: Since there are many season ticket holders here, as well as many fans like me who are dying to go to the playoffs but don't have season tickets, any chance we could arrange some sort of ticket exchange thing here? I'm not sure how that would work as far as the ticket scalping laws, but I gotta think there would be at least a few WSIers who will have extra tickets and be willing to sacrifice a bit of profit to sell to other diehards in the community here.

Or perhaps I'm just being overly optimistic :)

You are being overly optimistic...Those who have paid for tickets all season are unlikely to surrender the best tickets yet to you and I... Since we have not bought packages, we will likely have to wait in line or dial in to buy them...

I would love to have to do that...

steff
08-24-2003, 08:00 PM
Season ticket holders have the option to purchase extras.. although.. I don't think making such plans out in the open on this board is such a good idea... if ya know what I mean. Maybe hook up with someone who is not planning to buy their offered extras.. and offer to buy them?

steff
08-24-2003, 08:00 PM
Whoops.. this was supposed to be in the playoff ticket thread. Don't know what happened there.

Daver
08-24-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by steff
Whoops.. this was supposed to be in the playoff ticket thread. Don't know what happened there.

I fixed it Steff.

:bandance:

MarqSox
08-24-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by steff
Season ticket holders have the option to purchase extras.. although.. I don't think making such plans out in the open on this board is such a good idea... if ya know what I mean. Maybe hook up with someone who is not planning to buy their offered extras.. and offer to buy them?
That was actually sorta what I meant ...
So, anybody with access to extras and nobody to give them to, please PM me. :D:

dllrbll7
08-25-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox
That was actually sorta what I meant ...
So, anybody with access to extras and nobody to give them to, please PM me. :D:

Ya same here i would be willing to help someone out and pick up acouple tickets. PM and let me know your price.

jabrch
08-25-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
Ya same here i would be willing to help someone out and pick up acouple tickets. PM and let me know your price.

Me too...

jabrch@yahoo.com

Hokiesox
08-25-2003, 08:05 AM
NOOOOooooooooo.....

You have all jinxed the season! Geez, seeing this is like hearing the blackhawks PA announcer announcing that playoff tickets go on sale every march. You know how it's going to turn out! If the Sox don't make it to the Postseason, I'll know who to blame!

:gulp: :bandance:

voodoochile
08-25-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Hokiesox
NOOOOooooooooo.....

You have all jinxed the season! Geez, seeing this is like hearing the blackhawks PA announcer announcing that playoff tickets go on sale every march. You know how it's going to turn out! If the Sox don't make it to the Postseason, I'll know who to blame!

:jerry
Why are you looking at me?"

Hokiesox
08-25-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
:jerry
Why are you looking at me?"

I'm looking at you and the WSI fans who started talking about the postseason when there are 30 games left and we only have a 1 game lead.

kempsted
08-25-2003, 09:29 AM
We started talking about it because the White Sox are making us. They sent the mail and said we have to reply by sept 5. Not many days from now.

steff
08-25-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by daver
I fixed it Steff.

:bandance:

Thank you Daver!!

steff
08-25-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Hokiesox
I'm looking at you and the WSI fans who started talking about the postseason when there are 30 games left and we only have a 1 game lead.

Uhhh.. blame MLB. They are the ones who want our $$ by 9/5. Hard not to talk about it...

steff
08-25-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by kempsted
We started talking about it because the White Sox are making us. They sent the mail and said we have to reply by sept 5. Not many days from now.

Not the Sox fault.. MLB's fault. They have pages, and pages, and pages of ticket requests to fill. They have to have a solid # of season ticket holder tickets before they can start filing those requests.