PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else noticed.....

cornball
08-23-2003, 06:42 PM
it seems like this year more than in years past, the official scorer has been so lenient with calling errors hits.

I can recall going back since the Seattle series with Konerko and Valentine making errors called hits and several others since.

Whats up with that? Is it a homer thing? Is it just more obvious this year or am I nuts?

RKMeibalane
08-23-2003, 06:44 PM
:jerry

"I paid the official scorer, so he wouldn't charge Konerko with errors. Otherwise, I'd have to put Frank back at first, and I don't want to do that because I don't like him."

jcw218
08-23-2003, 06:53 PM
I did not see the plays but why did Pay-Rod get a double off of Mag's glove and Valentine get on with a 3 base error off Nivar's glove?

dickallen15
08-23-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by jcw218
I did not see the plays but why did Pay-Rod get a double off of Mag's glove and Valentine get on with a 3 base error off Nivar's glove?

They were good scoring calls. Maggs was up by the wall, Nivar was basically camped.

jcw218
08-23-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by dickallen15
They were good scoring calls. Maggs was up by the wall, Nivar was basically camped.

Thanks for the clarification.

MarkV
08-24-2003, 01:22 PM
Don't forget the Buehrle-Giants game. With two outs in the first, Durham hit a ball to Crede that he rushed the throw on. He had plenty of time to set and throw him out, but he didn't, and he threw the ball away. Rosie gave Durham a hit. The Giants got a slam that inning. So, what should have been four unearned runs ended up being all earned.