PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game Thread - Sox vs. Rangers - August 23, 2003


RKMeibalane
08-23-2003, 05:33 PM
2B- Alomar
LF- Lee
DH- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
CF- Everett
1B- Daubach
SS- Valentin
3B- Crede
C- Alomar Jr.

The Good:

Brian Daubach gets another start, after spending several weeks rotting on the bench.

The Bad:

Sox fans, you know the drill.

****ing idiot ---------------------------------> :jerry

RKMeibalane
08-23-2003, 06:18 PM
That was a long top half of the first, thanks in no small part to Rafael Palmeiro.

RichH55
08-23-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
2B- Alomar
LF- Lee
DH- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
CF- Everett
1B- Daubach
SS- Valentin
3B- Crede
C- Alomar Jr.

The Good:

Brian Daubach gets another start, after spending several weeks rotting on the bench.

The Bad:

Sox fans, you know the drill.

****ing idiot ---------------------------------> :jerry

Any particular issue with Manuel today? Or you just putting that in, in case you arent around later to take a shot at him?

And here I thought we were in first place and on a winning streak....Silly Me

RKMeibalane
08-23-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
Any particular issue with Manuel today? Or you just putting that in, in case you arent around later to take a shot at him?

And here I thought we were in first place and on a winning streak....Silly Me

I am happy that Manuel decided to give Daubach some playing time. That was a good decision on his part. However, if he's going to play Daubach, then he might as well start Frank at first base instead of DH.

RKMeibalane
08-23-2003, 06:29 PM
Nice work by the Alomar brothers. Where was Daubach during that play? He should have been closer to first base because of the possibility of a double-play. Valentin was already in position to be the cutoff man if Robbie hadn't gotten to that ball.

RKMeibalane
08-23-2003, 06:39 PM
Here we go again...

Tragg
08-23-2003, 06:42 PM
I can't stand Valentin - for every home run, there are 10 worthless, counterproductive at bats like that one.

RichH55
08-23-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I am happy that Manuel decided to give Daubach some playing time. That was a good decision on his part. However, if he's going to play Daubach, then he might as well start Frank at first base instead of DH.

Fair enough....I definately agree with you there...Frank should be the everyday 1B

Tragg
08-23-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I am happy that Manuel decided to give Daubach some playing time. That was a good decision on his part. However, if he's going to play Daubach, then he might as well start Frank at first base instead of DH.

Nah, that's okay - if you let Daubach play, let him play.
Manuel should spell konerko in the field on a regular basis (if not take over entirely)

voodoochile
08-23-2003, 06:50 PM
:hurt

You can put it on the board, YES!

RKMeibalane
08-23-2003, 06:51 PM
FRANK THOMAS!

Viva Magglio
08-23-2003, 06:57 PM
Gentlemen, the chat room is open and currently lame in terms of attendance.

voodoochile
08-23-2003, 07:01 PM
:manos

:crede

Back2Back

Looks like it is going to be one of THOSE nights...

:bandance:

voodoochile
08-23-2003, 07:07 PM
[howard cosell voice] "Down goes Valdes! Down goes Valdes!"[/howard cosell voice]

Na na na na
Na na na na
Hey Hey Hey
Good-Bye!

Hey Valdes, what part did you not under stand? Was it the Buh? Or was it the BYEIIIIIIII!

6-0 Sox and here comes Frank again...

voodoochile
08-23-2003, 07:09 PM
:hurt

New baseball - $3.00...

8-0 Sox

It does NOT suck to be a Sox fan at the moment...

:bandance:

RKMeibalane
08-23-2003, 07:09 PM
FRANK THOMAS!

Tragg
08-23-2003, 07:12 PM
Nice going Valentin. You still annoy me, but you sure do hit homers

RKMeibalane
08-23-2003, 07:18 PM
I hope the rest of the American League is watching this, especially the Royals and Twins. If they think the Sox are going to just roll over and quit, they're mistaken.

hempsox
08-23-2003, 07:22 PM
Powell was pretty effective...maybe the Twinkies need another arm in the 'pen.

BTW...Manos Valintine would be a fantastic name to go along with the 'stach in another line of work.

cheeses_h_rice
08-23-2003, 07:25 PM
This team is unreal, innit?

They're making it seem so damn effortless lately. I'm like, "Yep, there's Frank with his second homer tonight."

What is going on? Is this team finally playing to its potential?

Mind you, I am NOT complaining.

:)

SoxFan76
08-23-2003, 07:27 PM
crede is the man. he makes those pick plays look routine

RKMeibalane
08-23-2003, 07:33 PM
Crede has it going right now at the plate. His swing is a beautiful thing to watch when he's hitting the ball. If he can keep this up for about another... eight weeks, the bottom of the order will be extremely dangerous.

emaholic
08-23-2003, 08:32 PM
:winner

Sox win 13-2. Cubs lose 13-2.
Interesting.

ChiSox21
08-23-2003, 08:52 PM
i just posted that. I wonder whats up w/ that?

oheeoh...magglio
08-23-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox21
i just posted that. I wonder whats up w/ that?

These kind of coincidences happen to you when you are cursed by a billy goat. :)

Lip Man 1
08-23-2003, 09:59 PM
Just win baby...keep it going because you've won six straight and STILL only have a one game lead in the division.

It's a long way from over. Every game counts.

Lip

oheeoh...magglio
08-23-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Just win baby...keep it going because you've won six straight and STILL only have a one game lead in the division.

It's a long way from over. Every game counts.

Lip

It could be worse after that 1-6 road trip, but your right every game counts, should be interesting to see what the sox do when they head to the bronx to take on the "evil empire."

RKMeibalane
08-23-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
It could be worse after that 1-6 road trip, but your right every game counts, should be interesting to see what the sox do when they head to the bronx to take on the "evil empire."

The Yankees bullpen is awful. If they can get Clemens, Wells, and Mussina out of the game relatively early, then they've got a shot. I'm glad that Manuel adjusted the rotation, so Mark Buehrle would pitch on Thursday, because I wasn't at all comfortable with the idea of Cotts going into Yankee Stadium and getting a start. That would have been a disaster.

The Sox need to take two of three from New York. The Royals and Twins trade off with Anaheim and Texas next week, so the Sox need to be sure to stand their ground until they get back home. This team has played extremely well this week, but going back on the road concerns me.

More than anything, though, the Sox key players (Thomas, Ordonez, Everett, Lee) need to continue to produce offensively. Without those guys firing on all cylinders, this team has no chance of scoring runs. I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but Jerry Manuel needs to give serious consderation to putting Thomas at first base. Konerko had a good month of July, but he is a liability at this point, and that is something the Sox cannot afford.

oheeoh...magglio
08-23-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
The Yankees bullpen is awful. If they can get Clemens, Wells, and Mussina out of the game relatively early, then they've got a shot. I'm glad that Manuel adjusted the rotation, so Mark Buehrle would pitch on Thursday, because I wasn't at all comfortable with the idea of Cotts going into Yankee Stadium and getting a start. That would have been a disaster.

The Sox need to take two of three from New York. The Royals and Twins trade off with Anaheim and Texas next week, so the Sox need to be sure to stand their ground until they get back home. This team has played extremely well this week, but going back on the road concerns me.

More than anything, though, the Sox key players (Thomas, Ordonez, Everett, Lee) need to continue to produce offensively. Without those guys firing on all cylinders, this team has no chance of scoring runs. I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but Jerry Manuel needs to give serious consderation to putting Thomas at first base. Konerko had a good month of July, but he is a liability at this point, and that is something the Sox cannot afford.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I also am worried about the road struggles. I think the problem is, as somebody said on these boards earlier this week, "2003 white sox, live by the homer, die by the popout." The sox go on the road, and get out of the american league's 2nd friendliest ballpark for home runs, and the amount of runs scored and home runs decrease. With that said, i hope the sox can mix a little small ball in on the road, because i think that would really help their cause.