PDA

View Full Version : Quick Sox music question


ChiWhiteS0XFan
08-23-2003, 05:07 PM
I understand this is nearly impossible to answer with the facts i have but I got a quic k question about a song they have been using after the games. I cant really descibe it, an example is that it was used after the 3rd game vs the minnesota twins a few weeks back (after big hurts walk off home run) Sorry i dont know any details so its gonna be hard for anyone to know...but any way you guys can help?


(its not nananana hey hey goodbye, or sweet home chicago)

thanks.

mac9001
08-23-2003, 06:02 PM
You gotta be more specific man, is a a techno song? rap? rock?

ChiWhiteS0XFan
08-23-2003, 06:31 PM
ahh...its not rap or hiphop....it kinda sounds like an older song...i dont think id call it techno, but it has a cool beat to it..i didnt hear any singing...but there could be later into the song.

MRKARNO
08-23-2003, 07:08 PM
Is it Zombie Nation by Kernkraft???

ooooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooo

oooooooOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOoOoO?????? Also played in seattle earlier in the year in the bottom of the ninth inning when they were down and we ended up winning? If you check out the website for ESPN's stadium anthems it's one of the first ones.

Also played after Thomas's first homer against Washburn

ChiWhiteS0XFan
08-24-2003, 12:17 AM
I checked it out...and no that wasnt it...thanks though....if anyone knows any songs that the cell plays please write them down and ill check them out to see if its what im lookin for.

thanks

ChiWhiteS0XFan
08-24-2003, 12:21 AM
If i had to compair what other song its kinda in the class of in beats and everything...it would be that "do a little dance, get down tonight"song...its kinda on the same page as that.

sox_fan_forever
08-24-2003, 12:22 AM
Speaking of music played at Sox games, what is the song used during the short video played right before the start of the game that highlights that day's starting pitcher? At least, I think they use it for every pitcher. The last several games I've been to Loaiza has started though so maybe it's used only for him. Anyway, does anyone know what it is?

koch44
08-24-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by sox_fan_forever
Speaking of music played at Sox games, what is the song used during the short video played right before the start of the game that highlights that day's starting pitcher? At least, I think they use it for every pitcher. The last several games I've been to Loaiza has started though so maybe it's used only for him. Anyway, does anyone know what it is?

It is called "The Launch".

MRKARNO
08-24-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by sox_fan_forever
Speaking of music played at Sox games, what is the song used during the short video played right before the start of the game that highlights that day's starting pitcher? At least, I think they use it for every pitcher. The last several games I've been to Loaiza has started though so maybe it's used only for him. Anyway, does anyone know what it is?

Loaiza, Buehrle, Colon and Garland all have videos before their starts, but Garland's isnt done with "The launch" whichaccompanies Loaiza, Buerhle and Colon's. At least that's what it was when I last saw. I've seen every starter start this year but Cotts (and whoever was in between Wright and Cotts). They started it in June I'd like to say

sox_fan_forever
08-24-2003, 12:35 AM
Thanks so much for the info!

whitesoxwilkes
08-24-2003, 01:13 AM
If anyone knows the title of the song (I think it's by Elvis Costello) they occasionally play when the boys take the field--the one with "live it up live it up" or something similar as part of it, I'd be grateful.

voodoochile
08-24-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
If anyone knows the title of the song (I think it's by Elvis Costello) they occasionally play when the boys take the field--the one with "live it up live it up" or something similar as part of it, I'd be grateful.

It's called "Live it Up" by Elvis Costello...

Not really... I just couldn't resist the straight line... :D:

Procol Harum
08-24-2003, 10:04 AM
I think the WSI crew has tackled one of it's tougher tasks w/ this thread--trying to describe tunes w/ lyrics like "Oooooooooooo" via a message board! Kinda funny :D:

MRKARNO
08-24-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
I think the WSI crew has tackled one of it's tougher tasks w/ this thread--trying to describe tunes w/ lyrics like "Oooooooooooo" via a message board! Kinda funny :D:

How else can you describe what Zombie nation sounds like??? We should have a describe the crazy white sox related techno song contest and the funniest answer wins

npdempse
08-24-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteS0XFan
I understand this is nearly impossible to answer with the facts i have but I got a quic k question about a song they have been using after the games. I cant really descibe it, an example is that it was used after the 3rd game vs the minnesota twins a few weeks back (after big hurts walk off home run) Sorry i dont know any details so its gonna be hard for anyone to know...but any way you guys can help?

Could it be "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now"? It's a "dusty" like you describe, and I'm certain they played it when we took first after Thursday's game.

ChiWhiteS0XFan
08-24-2003, 06:26 PM
thanks a lot npdempse .....that was it!!