PDA

View Full Version : Friday night...5 hits - 4 HRs...

jabrch
08-23-2003, 12:51 PM
While I love the power, it scares me that if we didn't have it, we might have lost this game. Frank is hitting .265. Paulie is hitting .224. Manos at .242 and Crede at .252. I love the power that all of these guys delivered this week, but if we are going to take the Grant Park Express this season, we need Frank to be hitting .300 down the stretch. The other guys have to be closer to .280 and to .250.

JohnJeter
08-23-2003, 12:54 PM
And (optimistically) assuming a postseason berth, those HRs have a way of becoming MUCH less frequent in a playoff series with the opponents' top pitchers queued up.

RKMeibalane
08-23-2003, 12:54 PM
The situation with Frank's average can be recitified easily if Jerry Manuel would PUT HIM AT FIRST. As for Crede, he seems to be coming around now that September is almost here.

Konerko should be benched again. Daubach has shown that he is capable of producing out of the six hole, so I think it's time that he got another chance to prove himself. Daubach is the type of player who needs to be in the lineup in order to be effective, and he hasn't been recently, with the exception of one game this week.

jcw218
08-23-2003, 01:04 PM
While I did not get to see the game firsthand, (stuck listening on the radio), I believe that only one of the homeruns was hit "hard"and that would be Frank's. Valentine's two shots barely cleared the wall and could just as easily been doubles.

CHISOXFAN13
08-23-2003, 01:11 PM
WE are hitting. 294 since the break. Enough said.