PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, Another wave post

Meixner007
08-23-2003, 01:04 AM
I was at the game tonight and I was witness to "it" again. It went around the first time, but I didn't notice it because I was doing a stupid thing...I was watching the game.

Well then it went around a second time and I proceeded to get up and tell everyone around me not to do it...aparently to little avail.

It went aroudn teh third time and I got into a nice arugment with a guy and his lady friend a few rows back. I gave him the standard 6.2 miles north talk, apparently to little avail. The guy sitting next to him (not his friend) understood what I was talking about, much props to him. So for the remainder of the game, whenever the wave went around, I stood up and just "eyed the guy." Well his lady friend started to stay stuff, but it made no sense. I just looked to my newly acquanited pal to the right and just laughed.

I know I may be in the minority, but give me the smaller, more intelligent crowds, and keep the fairweathers away.

WHarris13
08-23-2003, 01:08 AM
It's like a cult. Everytime it comes around and I don't do it, some dip**** says to me,"Where's the spirit?"
I proceed to tell him, I would rather watch the game that stand up for no reason. It also pissed me off all the people who were there for Evlis night but not the game.

OEO Magglio
08-23-2003, 01:09 AM
but I didn't notice it because I was doing a stupid thing...I was watching the game.
Yeah, that really is a dumb thing to do at a baseball game I agree with you completely it's so annoying and it makes the game hard to see, the people who do the wave don't care about what's going on during the game, and therefore makes the game very hard to watch for people who actually care.

doublem23
08-23-2003, 01:16 AM
Who cares? The flip the bill...

:D:

sox_fan_forever
08-23-2003, 01:35 AM
I am the only person in my family who does not participate in the wave. I have begged and pleaded with them not to do it anymore, but they think I am strange. Of course, they are not Sox fans like I am, but they aren't Cub fans either. I thought they were more intelligent than this. (My family, that is. I have always known that Cub fans aren't intelligent.)

dllrbll7
08-23-2003, 04:22 AM
The wave sucks and thats all that needs to be said!

longshot7
08-23-2003, 05:59 AM
get over yourselves. there's nothing wrong with doing the wave - it's quite fun actually - and you can do it while watching the game, didn't you know? there's nothing wrong with not doing the wave either - just don't get all high and mighty with people who are doing it. who cares - let everyone enjoy the game their own way.

steff
08-23-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by longshot7
get over yourselves. there's nothing wrong with doing the wave - it's quite fun actually - and you can do it while watching the game, didn't you know? there's nothing wrong with not doing the wave either - just don't get all high and mighty with people who are doing it. who cares - let everyone enjoy the game their own way.

Kinda like letting people vent about not liking it.. "in their own way"..?

Jurr
08-23-2003, 09:42 AM
The way I see it........you know that there is the fan base like us---the nasty, nailbiting diehards that worry more about the standings than "enjoying the atmosphere". The way we can enjoy ourselves even more is if the team has revenue, i.e. ticket sales. So, if the non diehards are having a great time, doing the wave and what not, let 'em. They're contributing to the common good.