PDA

View Full Version : Konerko...where are you dude?

LASOXFAN
08-23-2003, 12:10 AM
Big bad Paulie is on a 2 for 32 tear, by my calculations. Many of those 30 outs include double play ground outs.

What is wrong with this guy??????????????? :angry:

SoxFanDan
08-23-2003, 12:19 AM
b daubach get ready

Dadawg_77
08-23-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by SoxFanDan
b daubach get ready

Get Rowland ready, let Carol DH with the bad shoulder and Frank play first.

TornLabrum
08-23-2003, 12:28 AM
What are you guys thinking? We need Paulie at first base for his defense and to keep playing there because he hits better when he plays at first.

LuvSox
08-23-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
Big bad Paulie is on a 2 for 32 tear, by my calculations. Many of those 30 outs include double play ground outs.

No offense intended, but this question has been lingering for over a year now.

gosox41
08-23-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN

My guess is it's not his hip. Ever since the second half of last season he's just been bad.

Bob

FanOf14
08-23-2003, 11:04 AM
I'd like to know that answer as well. I am all for Daubach at first. I've liked this guy for awhile and was really happy when we picked him up. I have a feeling that when PK proposed that is when he went down hill. Hopefully after he gets hitched, he can pull his head out of his rear end. Most of my bf's buddies were headcases after proposing so that is the only reason I think that might be part of his problem. The other part is that he thinks too damned much at the plate. STOP THINKING AND START MAKING SOLID CONTACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hangar18
08-23-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
No offense intended, but this question has been lingering for over a year now.

Heh Heh. Its funny how grounding into 7 inning-ending, rally-killing DoublePlays gets this thread going again. He really needs to grab some bench and let THOMAS PLAY 1st, and give DBauch some AB's

JohnJeter
08-23-2003, 12:51 PM
Daubach's OBP is .370, fourth on the Sox. And he's accustomed to getting many more ABs than he's getting this year.

jabrch
08-23-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
What are you guys thinking? We need Paulie at first base for his defense and to keep playing there because he hits better when he plays at first.

He isn't a gold glover....I know he might be better than Frank, but Paul's D is not so great that we need him there. If he can't hit over .225, we don't need him on the field at all.

my 2 cents

Unregistered
08-23-2003, 01:02 PM
originally posted by jabrch
He isn't a gold glover....I know he might be better than Frank, but Paul's D is not so great that we need him there. If he can't hit over .225, we don't need him on the field at all.

my 2 cents FYI, statements made in teal imply sarcasm/jest. :smile:

rmusacch
08-23-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Get Rowland ready, let Carol DH with the bad shoulder and Frank play first.

Who is Rowland?

jcw218
08-23-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Who is Rowland?

I think DaDawg was referring to Aaron "Crash" Rowand.

TheRockinMT
08-23-2003, 01:45 PM
Paul's problems this year, and as others have pointed out since the all-star break of 2002, is the million dollar question. I thought PK was turning it around as the second half started, but he is back in the same routine of DP's, ground outs and long fly outs. He has shwn he can make the come back, but we really need the consistency. I am not sure Daubach can give us that either though. As a team we have such slow runners that any ground ball witha runner on 1st is a potential inning ending rally killing DP.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-23-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by TheRockinMT
Paul's problems this year, and as others have pointed out since the all-star break of 2002, is the million dollar question. I thought PK was turning it around as the second half started, but he is back in the same routine of DP's, ground outs and long fly outs. He has shwn he can make the come back, but we really need the consistency. I am not sure Daubach can give us that either though. As a team we have such slow runners that any ground ball witha runner on 1st is a potential inning ending rally killing DP.

Well, if we bench Konerko, that's one fewer slow runner on the basepaths. In fact Konerko is the absolute slowest guy on the team, maybe the entire league.

I would put Everett at DH, stick Rowand in CF, and play Frank at 1B before giving a .225 hitter with lousy power numbers regular playing time at first base or DH.

RKMeibalane
08-23-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Well, if we bench Konerko, that's one fewer slow runner on the basepaths. In fact Konerko is the absolute slowest guy on the team, maybe the entire league.

I would put Everett at DH, stick Rowand in CF, and play Frank at 1B before giving a .225 hitter with lousy power numbers regular playing time at first base or DH.

The thing that so frustrating about this situation is that Frank Thomas is still fully capable of posting MVP numbers, but Jerry Manuel seems more interested in taking care of one of his "boys."

After Frank's hitting rampage in June, it ocurred to me that he hasn't lost much in terms of his physical tools. I think the move to designated hitter in 1998 was what started his problems. It's a shame that Jerry Manuel seems more interested in worrying about people's feelings than he worries about winning. It's rare that a team can have a HOF player in the lineup every day, and the Sox could have that with Frank, but Jerry "The Tinkerer" won't stand for it.

Get this guy outta' here ----------------------------------> :jerry

jabrch
08-23-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
FYI, statements made in teal imply sarcasm/jest. :smile:

AHhhhh...I am a little slow on the uptake...Arguing with a Schlubs fan friend of mine about Sammy vs Bonds vs Mags vs Vlad

My assessment

Sammy Bonds Mags Vlad
Glove/range 4 1 2.5 2.5

Arm 4 2 3 1

Power 2 1 3.5 3.5

Overall Hitter 4 1 2.5 2.5

Speed/Baserunning 4 3 2 1

Leadership/other 4 3 1.5 1.5

Baseball IQ 4 1 2.5 2.5

OVERALL 4 1 3 2

He was trying to tell me that Sosa arm is 2nd best, his range is a four way tie, he is the #2 overall hitter and #1 for leadership cuz the Latino players love him - and that he is OVERALL - the #1 RF...

Now granted, this is a tough crowd...4 of the best hitters in the game...but geez...Sammy clearly is #4 in this race...

TheRockinMT
08-24-2003, 12:26 AM
I agree that Rowand would be a good addition to the starting line up. He has really turned it up and apparently really listened to
Walker.