PDA

View Full Version : Object thrown at Sosa

Konerkoholic
08-23-2003, 12:03 AM
What looked to be a towel wrapped in tape was chucked at Sosa after he struck out to lead off the ninth. Funny.

oheeoh...magglio
08-23-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Konerkoholic
What looked to be a towel wrapped in tape was chucked at Sosa after he struck out to lead off the ninth. Funny.

Would have been funnier if it was cork, or if that towel wrapped with tape had hit him....

Tragg
08-23-2003, 12:07 AM
Where's the outrage at those Arizona thugs?
I'll wait for Mornotti's "Arizona Scum" piece tomorrow morning.

doublem23
08-23-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
Where's the outrage at those Arizona thugs?
I'll wait for Mornotti's "Arizona Scum" piece tomorrow morning.

:moron
It's obviously one of those "Scum Sox" fans making the trek to Arizona to hassle the game's diplomat as he propels America's team to a delicious World Championship.

TDog
08-23-2003, 12:18 AM
It was probably a transplanted Chicagoan who did the throwing.

Konerkoholic
08-23-2003, 12:18 AM
On a side note, showboat Zambrano lost his no-hitter with 2 outs in the 8th on an infield single...Hahaha! The batter looked to be safe, but tough **** Cub fans. He didn't even get the shutout.

Tragg
08-23-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
:moron
It's obviously one of those "Scum Sox" fans making the trek to Arizona to hassle the game's diplomat as he propels America's team to a delicious World Championship.

I noticed watching the post game interview that Zombrano already speaks superior English to the diplomatic one. Does he just not bother to learn the language, or is he just that dense and stupid that he can't?

Dadawg_77
08-23-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
I noticed watching the post game interview that Zombrano already speaks superior English to the diplomatic one. Does he just not bother to learn the language, or is he just that dense and stupid that he can't?

I don't know the hometown or where Zombrano grew up, but most player from Latin America learn to speak English in clubhouses and TV form what I have read. The teams don't provide them with any English tutelage, which in my opinion is a bad move on Baseball part. Since the better a player can come across on a interview the more the fans will like him, the more they like a player, the more they buy stuff with his likeness on it and the more they will support the team.

LuvSox
08-23-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio

Would have been funnier if it was cork, or if that towel wrapped with tape had hit him....

Even funnier if a brick was wrapped up in it.

Originally posted by Konerkoholic
On a side note, showboat Zambrano lost his no-hitter with 2 outs in the 8th on an infield single...Hahaha!

Be careful, there are a few Zambrano lovers around here. "He's not a showboat, never has been."

WhiteSox = Life
08-23-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
I don't know the hometown or where Zombrano grew up, but most player from Latin America learn to speak English in clubhouses and TV form what I have read. The teams don't provide them with any English tutelage, which in my opinion is a bad move on Baseball part. Since the better a player can come across on a interview the more the fans will like him, the more they like a player, the more they buy stuff with his likeness on it and the more they will support the team.

:nandrolone
"Den dere are dose like me who transpire the game of beisbol because I am so likable and overall a guy wit a lot mark... markab... markabilly who make the game so good."

Tragg
08-23-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77

A lot of US-raised professional athletes who never went to class since 6th grade, hire language and speech coaches and even tutors, once they get some cash in their pocket, and they do remarkable work. Often the agents hook them up with this.

ScottyTheSoxFan
08-23-2003, 10:37 AM
It couldn't have been a Sox fan, because otherwise the object would have hit Sammy right in his steroid-filled face.

kevingrt
08-23-2003, 11:25 AM
I want to know what was in it, but no one will tell me! :?:

DrCrawdad
08-23-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
It couldn't have been a Sox fan, because otherwise the object would have hit Sammy right in his steroid-filled face.

It would be tough to miss that steroid bloated head.