PDA

View Full Version : Don't look now but.....

oheeoh...magglio
08-22-2003, 11:26 PM
Zambrano has a no-hitter through 6 in the cubs game. I hope to god this gets broken up, otherwise the cub propaganda on espn, local chicago tv, and in the cubune will be everywhere tonight and tomorrow and overshadow what has so far been a wonderful homestand for the white sox. Well no matter what GO SOX!! :)

doublem23
08-22-2003, 11:27 PM
Man, I hope no one jinxes Zambrano.

What a shame that would be. :)

ZAMBRANO HAS A NO-HITTER!

Lip Man 1
08-22-2003, 11:29 PM
The Cubs have "uncanny" timing don't they? Jeez they must have made a deal with the devil!

Lip

oheeoh...magglio
08-22-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Man, I hope no one jinxes Zambrano.

What a shame that would be. :)

LOL! Sadly, st. louis and houston lost 2nite i believe, and the cubs will likely win even if the no hitter is broken up with the 4-0 lead they have. Never good to see those guys move up in the standings.

doublem23
08-22-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
The Cubs have "uncanny" timing don't they? Jeez they must have made a deal with the devil!

Lip

I think the answer is a lot simpler..

:moron
Why write about the Sox in first when you can write about the Cubs and how their groundskeeper mows the lawn at Wrigley? That's what the people really want.

oheeoh...magglio
08-22-2003, 11:35 PM
Chimp and Steve are fools, they keep mentioning the fact that Zambrano has a "goose egg" going. You figure 2 guys that announce for a team cursed by a billy goat would know about jinxes.

MRKARNO
08-22-2003, 11:37 PM
ZAMBRANO HAS A NO HITTER THROUGH SEVEN

oheeoh...magglio
08-22-2003, 11:42 PM
Here comes Arizona in the 8th inning, please guys just ONE hit, that's all I ask!!

SoxFanDan
08-22-2003, 11:47 PM
no more no no

oheeoh...magglio
08-22-2003, 11:48 PM
INFIELD HIT!!! :) cubs got screwed though, he looked out.

Unregistered
08-22-2003, 11:49 PM
Whew! no more no-no...

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

MRKARNO
08-22-2003, 11:49 PM
who cares, an out's an out

Bucktown
08-22-2003, 11:51 PM
He was robbed. That dude was out. Too bad.

oheeoh...magglio
08-22-2003, 11:51 PM
GOD BLESS THE BILLY GOAT! LOL ok now back to being happy about the south siders :)

Vsahajpal
08-23-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Bucktown
He was robbed. That dude was out. Too bad.

Yep, absolutely brutal call. The umpire was some scrub from the minors, Kevin Kelly...and he just happens to be from freakin St. Louis.

Hangar18
08-23-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Yep, absolutely brutal call. The umpire was some scrub from the minors, Kevin Kelly...and he just happens to be from freakin St. Louis.

I saw the replay, it was a bangbang play, and it was CLOSE. If whoever threw the ball, threw it nice and straight, might have been a different call. But it doesnt matter as Fatbrano got hit pretty good in the 9th anyway.....
Im very RELIEVED he didnt get the no-hitter, as the Media wouldve pee'ed themselves covering this story. Channels 2, 5, 7, 9 and Fox wouldve send their Entire SPorts Depts out on RedEye Flights out to AZ to cover the "historical" event. The Sox winning on Elvis nite, and on Saturday would be an afterthought and would Unfortunately for the White Sox, Kick In Operation CubPoganda, where every single cub story would LEAD THE BROADCAST off, with extra coverage afterwards. Operation Cubpoganda is only Initiated if theres a nohitter by them in Aug/Sep, or theyre within 3 gms of 1st by the last week of August. Operation Cubpoganda is a Swift, Brutal campaign that uses a SHOCK and AWE tactic in their coverage of the little blue team. The networks and newspapers would have License to do Anything and Everything Trailblazing and Untested in covering this team. By Monday, most of the Sports Depts would then be in Mobile Reporting mode...that is, Following the team everywhere the rest of the year. We are living in Precarious Times my friends......Im sooooooooooo happy we just keep Winning....but if that team keeps stealing players from poorer, weak-sister teams, and winning with them, No matter what we do, it might not be enough. :(:

Vsahajpal
08-23-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I saw the replay, it was a bangbang play, and it was CLOSE. If whoever threw the ball, threw it nice and straight, might have been a different call. But it doesnt matter as Fatbrano got hit pretty good in the 9th anyway.....
Im very RELIEVED he didnt get the no-hitter, as the Media wouldve pee'ed themselves covering this story. Channels 2, 5, 7, 9 and Fox wouldve send their Entire SPorts Depts out on RedEye Flights out to AZ to cover the "historical" event. The Sox winning on Elvis nite, and on Saturday would be an afterthought and would Unfortunately for the White Sox, Kick In Operation CubPoganda, where every single cub story would LEAD THE BROADCAST off, with extra coverage afterwards. Operation Cubpoganda is only Initiated if theres a nohitter by them in Aug/Sep, or theyre within 3 gms of 1st by the last week of August. Operation Cubpoganda is a Swift, Brutal campaign that uses a SHOCK and AWE tactic in their coverage of the little blue team. The networks and newspapers would have License to do Anything and Everything Trailblazing and Untested in covering this team. By Monday, most of the Sports Depts would then be in Mobile Reporting mode...that is, Following the team everywhere the rest of the year. We are living in Precarious Times my friends......Im sooooooooooo happy we just keep Winning....but if that team keeps stealing players from poorer, weak-sister teams, and winning with them, No matter what we do, it might not be enough. :(:

Seek help

Hangar18
08-23-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Seek help

I seek the help of others in getting the media to Get Off the Little Blue Wagon

oheeoh...magglio
08-23-2003, 01:31 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself, and truer words have never been spoken :)

jabrch
08-23-2003, 01:37 PM
Zambrano is a stud in the making...As much as it hurts to say this, with Prior, Zambrano, Wood and Clement, they could have a pretty good staff for a while if they manage to retail Prior/Wood.

I would take their SP over ours for the future. As far as this season...its about a draw in my eyes. However, there is not a single position player they have that I would take over our guys at those positions with the exception of (pre-injury) Patterson over our CFs.

jabrch
08-23-2003, 01:39 PM
but if that team keeps stealing players from poorer, weak-sister teams, and winning with them :(:

We do that too....Robbie, Everett, now Sullivan...

That's part of the game.