PDA

View Full Version : Me Likey Sullivan

SoxFanDan
08-22-2003, 11:24 PM
Wow i love that inside fastball to righties, and that fading stuff to lefties

ScottyTheSoxFan
08-22-2003, 11:31 PM
the pen is looking good now. could you imagine a playoff team could have to face a starter for 6 or 7 innings, then get hit with Sullivan-Marte-Gordon. thats a damn good trio.

MRKARNO
08-22-2003, 11:38 PM
Wunsch is pretty good too. If Koch gets it together then watch out, the sox are going far

LASOXFAN
08-23-2003, 12:02 AM
That pen has the schnizle working for it - and Shoenweiss even looked good!

But where has Konerko gone?

Bisco Stu
08-23-2003, 02:20 AM
Sullivan (and the rejuvenated pen) could be the difference in our first postseason series win since 1917.

gosox41
08-23-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN

But where has Konerko gone?

Thesame place he's been all season, except for those 3 weeks he decided to make an appearance.

Bob

gosox41
08-23-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
Sullivan (and the rejuvenated pen) could be the difference in our first postseason series win since 1917.

Let's get there first. Still 33 games left for the Sox.

Bob

Hangar18
08-23-2003, 09:52 AM
Man...I really like this guy too! One of the few times we get someone, and he comes as Advertised

Steve Bartman
08-23-2003, 10:39 AM
A lot of people were complaining around this site, including me, that we did not get Jeff Nelson. Well, here is your Jeff Nelson. That slider Sullivan has is great! Another good trade by KW.

jabrch
08-23-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Cubsloseagain911
A lot of people were complaining around this site, including me, that we did not get Jeff Nelson. Well, here is your Jeff Nelson. That slider Sullivan has is great! Another good trade by KW.

Keep Jeff Nelson...I like this guy!

FanOf14
08-23-2003, 11:15 AM
Sullivan is a good strong name (put an O' in front of it and it is stronger :D: (so I am biased since I share the name pulse a few letters)). So far I am impressed with what I heard about him out of Cincy and what I saw of him last night.

:gulp: Cheers and welcome to Sullivan!!!!!!!

MHOUSE
08-23-2003, 11:33 AM
I like everything I've heard about him from Cincy and he certainly came as advertised pitching out of that jam. Great to see some emotion from the new guy after striking out that guy with the sacks packed. None of that point to the sky Flash Gordon crap, but he was truly pumped to help out his team. I like this guy.

FanOf14
08-23-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
None of that point to the sky Flash Gordon crap

Him and Everett (sorry if it misspelled) need to cut that crap. I have nothing against giving thanks to God (do it often myself), but I just think that they need to tone it done a bit.

RichH55
08-23-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by FanOf14
Him and Everett (sorry if it misspelled) need to cut that crap. I have nothing against giving thanks to God (do it often myself), but I just think that they need to tone it done a bit.

He's crazy Carl Everett....you can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him! And how do you know he's pointing to God....I always thought he was pointing at the moon, to tell everyone that it didnt happen

jabrch
08-23-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by FanOf14

They can get down on their knees sit around in a circle and chant for 3 hours....I am thrilled when they perform and we win!

FanOf14
08-23-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
They can get down on their knees sit around in a circle and chant for 3 hours....I am thrilled when they perform and we win!

The problem is that Everett does that after a homerun and I don't want to see him giving the other team a reason to get riled up and want to shove it back in his face. Like I said, I am all for giving thanks to God, just tone it down a bit so they don't give any fire to the opposing team.

TornLabrum
08-23-2003, 02:56 PM
I've always thought that it was interesting that jocks actually think God cares about the outcome of a game or has takes interest in a game. You'd think He'd have bigger problems to worry about.

Meixner007
08-23-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I've always thought that it was interesting that jocks actually think God cares about the outcome of a game or has takes interest in a game. You'd think He'd have bigger problems to worry about.

Ha, i've always felt the same way