PDA

View Full Version : Wow!

delben91
08-22-2003, 11:20 PM
So, I just got back from a weeks vacation at the beach. When I left, the Sox were three games out of first place, and mired in the beginning of a five game losing streak.

But, I come back, and the Sox are a game up on KC, and have somehow acquired Scott Sullivan from the Reds? How'd that happen, who'd the Sox give up? And Cotts gets his first big league win!

Man, it's good to be a Sox fan tonight.

I leave tomorrow morning for Massachusetts to meet the girlfriend's parents (dad's an army colonel...crap) and to see Fenway Park on monday, a stadium I've always wanted to see. Man, what a great night!

GO SOX!!

doublem23
08-22-2003, 11:22 PM
If you're sitting in fair territory behind right field at Fenway, be ready to hurt your back/neck because uh, them seats don't face the infield.

Fenway Park sucks. :angry: That place needs a date with a bulldozer almost as much as "The Shrine."

gosox41
08-22-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by delben91
So, I just got back from a weeks vacation at the beach. When I left, the Sox were three games out of first place, and mired in the beginning of a five game losing streak.

But, I come back, and the Sox are a game up on KC, and have somehow acquired Scott Sullivan from the Reds? How'd that happen, who'd the Sox give up? And Cotts gets his first big league win!

I leave tomorrow morning for Massachusetts to meet the girlfriend's parents (dad's an army colonel...crap) and to see Fenway Park on monday, a stadium I've always wanted to see. Man, what a great night!

GO SOX!!

When I first met my wife's parent's the movie "Meet the Parents" took on a whole new meaning to me.

Bob

Dadawg_77
08-23-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by delben91

GO SOX!!

Hey no offence and I sure you will enjoy but go away and stay on vacation. This is like the p#@$^&T game, you can't change your seat now.

kevingrt
08-23-2003, 11:24 AM
Yeh, for anybody that doesn't watch our upcoming road trip, we could move right back to 3rd place. Just joking, hopefully we can beat the Yanks and Tiggers

MHOUSE
08-23-2003, 11:30 AM
Good luck with the parents Delben. Hopefully the Sox can stay hot while you're away. Be back by October.