PDA

View Full Version : Did you see that dugout tonight?

mike squires
08-22-2003, 09:49 PM
I realize when things are going good everything is hunky dory but those guys looked incredibly loose during the game tonight. Alot of laughing, poking, teaching and having some fun. If I wasn't optimistic before tonight helped a bit...

HawkDJ
08-22-2003, 10:08 PM
I forgot who the ESPN announcers were who said our clubhouse chemistry is bad but they are obviously wrong. Alomar, Everett and even Cotts it seems have greatly improved the clubhouse and we've always had good clubhouse guys in Wunsch, Valentin and Koch (even though he can't pitch).

doublem23
08-22-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ
I forgot who the ESPN announcers were who said our clubhouse chemistry is bad but they are obviously wrong. Alomar, Everett and even Cotts it seems have greatly improved the clubhouse and we've always had good clubhouse guys in Wunsch, Valentin and Koch (even though he can't pitch).

Winning doesn't hurt, either.

Lip Man 1
08-22-2003, 10:51 PM
The announcers were Dave O'Brien and Rick Sutcliffe. As they were talking they were showing shots of the Sox dugout. The players were not animated and they were seating in groups. It looked like pitchers with pitchers, position players with position players.

That's why Sutcliffe made the comment about not having any leaders. He said that Ordonez is quiet, Thomas used to be a leader but isn't now (his words) and that Alomar and Everett just got to the club and aren't going to be taking charge.

Lip

JohnJeter
08-22-2003, 10:59 PM
Dugout shot in maybe the 7th had Everett laughing and sort of poking Cotts in the chest-- translation might have been "beer shower forthcoming."

TornLabrum
08-22-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by JohnJeter
Dugout shot in maybe the 7th had Everett laughing and sort of poking Cotts in the chest-- translation might have been "beer shower forthcoming."

Nope. Shaving cream pies in the face.

VeeckAsInWreck
08-23-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Nope. Shaving cream pies in the face.

That was awesome to see on the scoreboard afterwards. But even during the game, the scoreboard would show shots of the dugout and everyone there looked to be having fun. As it was stated before by doublem23, Winning doesn't hurt either!

inta
08-23-2003, 05:18 AM
that espn game pissed the hell out of me.
i hope sutcliffe gets shot.
this guy knows nothing about the sox and has the nerve to comment about chemistry?
nobody was able to get a hit in that game except thomas, is the dugout supposed to be ecstatic about that fact?

i mean c'mon, even the fox sports guys dont try to do that.
maybe they dont have the best of clubhouse chemistry, but do they broadcast a yankees game and say the same thing?

f that bearded ****.
if i ever see him at the cell in the annouce booth i'm tossing a brick.

kevingrt
08-23-2003, 10:27 AM
Actually I have liked the dug out a ton this year. Willie Harris is always having way to much fun along with Aaron Rowand down there, because there really isn't much more to do.

Buerhle always has fun along with Esteban too... it's an enjoyable place I bet!

TheRockinMT
08-23-2003, 12:51 PM
The ESPN announcers ticked me off to no end. The whole game seemed to be how great the Angels and Royals were and less on the fact the Sox were the team with the best winning record since the all-star break. The shots of the team dugout and their comments were "bush league" in my opinion. Of course when the Big Hurt homered for his second time and won the game I didn't hear anything about team chemistry as the Sox welcomed Frank at home plate.

jabrch
08-23-2003, 01:00 PM
and by adding Sullivan, whom everyone in Cinci says is a great clubhouse guy, we only get better...