PDA

View Full Version : LaSalle Bank/Sox Reach out and Read

Kris
08-22-2003, 08:20 PM
As an employee of LaSalle Bank and a Sox fan, I am encouraging all WSI posters heading for the game on Sunday August 24, 2003 to bring a new children's book to the ballpark for donation to the Reach out and Read program. The program is to encourage disadvantaged children to learn how to and improve their reading skills. Books for children of all ages are wanted and welcome.

I have done some volunteer reading work with disadvantaged children on the west side of Chicago and a lot of these kids don't have any books at home. Some read at their grade level and enjoy reading but may not have the opportunity due to books not being available, however others really need help reading and these books could help them enjoy reading. Thanks for taking the time and spending a few extra dollars to help these kids.

MarkEdward
08-23-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Kris
As an employee of LaSalle Bank and a Sox fan, I am encouraging all WSI posters heading for the game on Sunday August 24, 2003 to bring a new children's book to the ballpark for donation to the Reach out and Read program. The program is to encourage disadvantaged children to learn how to and improve their reading skills. Books for children of all ages are wanted and welcome.

I have done some volunteer reading work with disadvantaged children on the west side of Chicago and a lot of these kids don't have any books at home. Some read at their grade level and enjoy reading but may not have the opportunity due to books not being available, however others really need help reading and these books could help them enjoy reading. Thanks for taking the time and spending a few extra dollars to help these kids.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to the game on Sunday and will be sure to bring some books. Where will the drop-offs be located? Inside the stadium? Outside the stadium?

Can the mods make this a sticky? Seems like a good enough cause...

whitesoxwilkes
08-23-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to the game on Sunday and will be sure to bring some books. Where will the drop-offs be located? Inside the stadium? Outside the stadium?

Can the mods make this a sticky? Seems like a good enough cause...

At each gate right as you come in.

kevingrt
08-23-2003, 10:24 AM
It's a great idea by the White Sox and LaSalle Bank... Discounted tickets and helping out the lesser fortuante.

MarkEdward
08-23-2003, 11:05 AM
Thank you mods. :smile:

ewokpelts
08-23-2003, 12:04 PM
....if you cant make the game, you can drop off the books at any Lasalle Bank location. I also work for the bank, but am unable to go to the game....why? Cuz I gotta work....oh cruel irony...what's this about discounted tickets?
Gene