PDA

View Full Version : New feature

FarWestChicago
08-26-2001, 03:22 AM
I added a new hack tonight. If you go to change your signature there is a Signature-Editor link. It will help with the editing and allow you to preview the outcome before saving it. Please do NOT add large images to your signature. They waste bandwidth that costs money.

CLR01
08-26-2001, 03:34 AM
A new idiot hack, i am still having trouble getting the last one to work, the spell checker.

FarWestChicago
08-26-2001, 03:37 AM
A new idiot hack, i am still having trouble getting the last one to work, the spell checker.

Really, it works on both my home and work computers. What error do you get with the spell checker?

CLR01
08-26-2001, 03:42 AM
It freezes on the loading screen. it doesnt realy matter though, i have learned that if i stick to using small words i need it less.

CLR01
08-26-2001, 03:43 AM
thats also why i am avoiding the threads in the PL, way to many big words for my brain to get right. :)

FarWestChicago
08-26-2001, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
It freezes on the loading screen. it doesnt realy matter though, i have learned that if i stick to using small words i need it less.

What version of IE are you using? Not that there's anything I can do about it. The code all comes from Spellchecker.net. I just used it again and it works.

CLR01
08-26-2001, 03:51 AM
I.E. 5.50, just tried it again, and unless i am being impatient and it takes awhile to load, it didn't work.

FarWestChicago
08-26-2001, 03:55 AM
I.E. 5.50, just tried it again, and unless i am being impatient and it takes awhile to load, it didn't work.

It loads pretty fast even on a dial-up connection (less than ten seconds). I wonder why it doesn't like your machine. I have a Windows ME (horrible crap that it is) and a Windows 2000 setup and it works on both.

CLR01
08-26-2001, 03:58 AM
The system probably just wants me to look like an idiot, but thats okay i have it beat, on the extremely hard ones i just open up MS word and everything is okay.

danman31
08-26-2001, 10:10 AM
I can't get it to work. This is the 1st time I've tried it now, but it just says loading and then the connection stops working. Maybe I'm not waiting long enough, but 30 seconds should be enough. Maybe it has to do with the system we have. I have Windows 98 Plus. FWC, you said you have 2000. Maybe that has to do with it.

CLR01
08-26-2001, 10:18 AM
He also said he is running one with windows ME and it works on that one, I have ME and i have no luck. Were cursed i tell ya.

LongDistanceFan
08-26-2001, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
He also said he is running one with windows ME and it works on that one, I have ME and i have no luck. Were cursed i tell ya.

i been having the same problem for a long time.

Jerry_Manuel
08-26-2001, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Please do NOT add large images to your signature. They waste bandwidth that costs money.

Mine's not to big!
I also have trouble with the spellchecker.

FarWestChicago
08-26-2001, 12:48 PM
I also have trouble with the spellchecker.

It must be your ISP's. When you get to the loading point you are accessing the Spellchecker.net server. If you can't get to it, your ISP's may be preventing the redirection. Like I say, I can get to it through my home dial-up connection and through the intranet at work.

Jerry_Manuel
08-26-2001, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
It must be your ISP's. When you get to the loading point you are accessing the Spellchecker.net server. If you can't get to it, your ISP's may be preventing the redirection. Like I say, I can get to it through my home dial-up connection and through the intranet at work.

It's ok I really don't need it anyway. It's a nice feature to have though.

rmusacch
08-26-2001, 03:38 PM
It's ok I really don't need it anyway. It's a nice feature to have though.

Yeah, your mistakes won't be caught by a spell checker. ;)

Mine's not to big.