PDA

View Full Version : Mulder Possibly Out For Season

RKMeibalane
08-22-2003, 08:14 PM
Hip Injury May Sideline Mulder (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1601345)

MetalliSox
08-22-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Hip Injury May Sideline Mulder (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1601345)

NOOOOOOO! My Fantasy Team!!!!!

CHISOXFAN13
08-22-2003, 08:27 PM
That changes the complexion of the AL West and Wild Card. I thought the A's would be in the playoffs for sure, but I don't know about that anymore.

gosox41
08-22-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
That changes the complexion of the AL West and Wild Card. I thought the A's would be in the playoffs for sure, but I don't know about that anymore.

As I said earlier, assuming the Sox make the playoffs, I'd rather face the A's then the Red Sox in a playoff series.

Bob

MRKARNO
08-22-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
As I said earlier, assuming the Sox make the playoffs, I'd rather face the A's then the Red Sox in a playoff series.

Bob

You would rather go to the west coast than fenway????

gosox41
08-22-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
You would rather go to the west coast than fenway????

Yep. I don't think the Sox score a lot of runs off either team, but Boston's offense is much better then the A's. Plus the thought of facing Pedro 3 times in a 5 game series or 4 in a 7 game series doesn't thrill me.

Bob

MRKARNO
08-23-2003, 12:04 AM
I think the sox are much better suited to matchup with teams that hit better than they pitch. I dont think we would do well vs. the A's but i do think we'd do better against the bosox. And there's no way Pedro goes 3 times in a 5 games series and 4 times in a 7 games series. 2 and 3 respectively.

But the A's without Mulder might not be the same team if they end up making it. Harden is not ready for the playoffs yet. He has been hit hard and been outdueled.

TheKYSoxfan
08-23-2003, 12:05 AM
The way I look at it is that history is against the Red Sox so hopefully we would have a chance. Plus I would not want to face a healthy Mulder, Zito, and Hudson.

MRKARNO
08-23-2003, 12:25 AM
I guess that we will get our shot at NY and Bos and see what we're made of and what they're made of but first, the sox have some business to take care of in winning the AL central

Dadawg_77
08-23-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by TheKYSoxfan
The way I look at it is that history is against the Red Sox so hopefully we would have a chance. Plus I would not want to face a healthy Mulder, Zito, and Hudson.

And history is on our side? That would be well one of these guys has to win type of thing. Anyways, I think will face a Mussina, Clemons, Wells and Petteit in the playoffs. If the Sox do win the Central

Thunderstruck30
08-23-2003, 12:42 AM
Id rather the Sox face Boston. Obviously the Sox dont do well on the west coast and even without Mulder the As still have Zito, Hudson, and Harden.

Dadawg_77
08-23-2003, 12:47 AM
The Sox won't face the Wild Card. The Team with the best record will if it is in a seperate division. If the Seatlle or Oakland wins the west with the best record, they will face either the Wild Card as long as it isn't the A's or Marin or the winner of the Central, same thing with the Yankees/Red Sox but Boston/New York. So either the winner of the Central will face the team with the best record, right now Yankees, or the team with the second best record, Seatlle. Since the injury to Mulder should damper the A's charge, look for the Red Sox to win and the winner of the Central to play the Yankees.

OEO Magglio
08-23-2003, 12:51 AM
The Sox won't face the Wild Card. The Team with the best record will if it is in a seperate division. If the Seatlle or Oakland wins the west with the best record, they will face either the Wild Card as long as it isn't the A's or Marin or the winner of the Central, same thing with the Yankees/Red Sox but Boston/New York. So either the winner of the Central will face the team with the best record, right now Yankees, or the team with the second best record, Seatlle. Since the injury to Mulder should damper the A's charge, look for the Red Sox to win and the winner of the Central to play the Yankees.
Right I think some people are just saying if the Red Sox can some how win the al east, but IF the whitesox make the playoffs I'm sure they'd end up playing the yankees.

gosox41
08-23-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Right I think some people are just saying if the Red Sox can some how win the al east, but IF the whitesox make the playoffs I'm sure they'd end up playing the yankees.

I was also referring to a possible second round match up. Pretty optimistic of me isn't it??

Bob

Hangar18
08-23-2003, 10:25 AM
man, I just heard this announced this morning. Mulder has a stress fracture in his Hip, and hes Done for the Season. thats a tough break for a young guy like that. Feel bad for the local guy. Makes not facing him in the playoffs possibly, a good thing

FanOf14
08-23-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Mulder has a stress fracture in his Hip, and hes Done for the Season. thats a tough break for a young guy like that.

Um...can't help it...nice pun. Anyhow, I feel bad for the guy as well, any kind of break in the hip can't be easy to come back from, but he seems to have a belly full of fire, so I am sure he will.

jabrch
08-23-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by FanOf14
Um...can't help it...nice pun. Anyhow, I feel bad for the guy as well, any kind of break in the hip can't be easy to come back from, but he seems to have a belly full of fire, so I am sure he will.

Gotta feel bad for a classy kid like him. Not a showboat, just a dominant pitcher. Moving on....