PDA

View Full Version : ***ATTN Sox Equip Mgr****


Hangar18
08-22-2003, 02:45 PM
As was voiced (digitally) here, we would like you to Put that Little City of Chicago Flag back on the Sox Batting Helmets.
Please have this done in time for TONITES GAME.
Thanks
Your Paying Customers

Hangar18
08-22-2003, 04:47 PM
To Whom It May Concern at Comiskey.....
You can get those little city of chicago flag stickers from the
City by the way.
Might be tough to get them all on the helmets by tonite....
But I want them ON BY THE TIME WE INVADE NY next week.
Hear me out

oheeoh...magglio
08-22-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
To Whom It May Concern at Comiskey.....
You can get those little city of chicago flag stickers from the
City by the way.
Might be tough to get them all on the helmets by tonite....
But I want them ON BY THE TIME WE INVADE NY next week.
Hear me out

Can you get an actual city of chicago flag from the city??

Hangar18
08-22-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
Can you get an actual city of chicago flag from the city??

Yes You can. from the City of Chicago Store (and no...im not plugging that for them, the Freakin' city steals enough of my money with their bogus parking tickets)

ihatethecubs
08-22-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
As was voiced (digitally) here, we would like you to Put that Little City of Chicago Flag back on the Sox Batting Helmets.
Please have this done in time for TONITES GAME.
Thanks
Your Paying Customers

right on man

wheres the civic pride? they should go a step further than bringing back the stickers and wear chicago flag patches on the uniforms like how the rangers have a texas flag on theirs. that'll show the cubs who the real chicago team is!

http://www.chicagohs.org/AOTM/May98/graphics/flagic.gif

oheeoh...magglio
08-22-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Yes You can. from the City of Chicago Store (and no...im not plugging that for them, the Freakin' city steals enough of my money with their bogus parking tickets)

Where is that located?

PaleHoseGeorge
08-22-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
right on man

wheres the civic pride? they should go a step further than bringing back the stickers and wear chicago flag patches on the uniforms like how the rangers have a texas flag on theirs. that'll show the cubs who the real chicago team is!

http://www.chicagohs.org/AOTM/May98/graphics/flagic.gif

Personally I wasn't much of a fan of those Chicago stickers on the back of the helmets. They looked a bit cheesy and lost among all the other clutter (player numbers, manufacturer logo, etc.). However I really like the idea of placing a Chicago flag patch on the shirt sleeve. That would be a nice addition to the uniform, in my opinion.

The Sox all-star patches will be gone after this season, so this would be a good opportunity to add a Chicago flag patch. Besides, this would be a great way to stick a thumb in the eye of the Cubune and their legion of Flubbie fans across America who think the sun rises and sets on that dump on Addison. :cool:

MarqSox
08-22-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
right on man

wheres the civic pride? they should go a step further than bringing back the stickers and wear chicago flag patches on the uniforms like how the rangers have a texas flag on theirs. that'll show the cubs who the real chicago team is!

http://www.chicagohs.org/AOTM/May98/graphics/flagic.gif

That's a GREAT idea! Unfortunately, given the Sox' reliance on its suburban fan base, the team would probably worry about alienating them or something.

doublem23
08-22-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
Where is that located?

I think there is one in Navy Pier, but I don't know if they sell city flags there. Anyway, I'm 99% positive that if you search on eBay for a Chicago flag you can find one. That's where I got mine for my dorm room.

MRKARNO
08-22-2003, 06:45 PM
There's also one in the pump building, which is across michigan avenue from water tower

rmusacch
08-22-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
I think there is one in Navy Pier, but I don't know if they sell city flags there. Anyway, I'm 99% positive that if you search on eBay for a Chicago flag you can find one. That's where I got mine for my dorm room.

I am looking at mine above my computer desk right now.

ihatethecubs
08-23-2003, 01:47 AM
i got a 5' x 8' chicago flag for $50 at the sox garage sale. i brought it to milwaukee a few years ago and all the brewer fans didnt know what it was. i also always bring it to fire games. i think we borrow a page from soccer fans and should all start bringing chicago flags to the park, thatd be cool.

Hangar18
08-23-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
i got a 5' x 8' chicago flag for $50 at the sox garage sale. i brought it to milwaukee a few years ago and all the brewer fans didnt know what it was. i also always bring it to fire games. i think we borrow a page from soccer fans and should all start bringing chicago flags to the park, thatd be cool.

Now thats an even Better Idea.....are any of You going to the
game Tonite? I love seeing the Giant SOX flags being waved around at the games, but the Chicago flag would be nice too....
Espn would have to acknowledge the sox are from CHICAGO then