PDA

View Full Version : Boers leaves the score?

DirtySouthsider
08-22-2003, 02:12 PM
I just caught the tail end of the show and I thought I heard Terry say he was leaving the Score. Is this true? If so does anybody know why? and what his plans are???

I hope it's true so he can get away from Bernstein. Terry was wasting his talents with that guy!

I want a Boers and McNeil reunion!!!

TornLabrum
08-22-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by DirtySouthsider
I just caught the tail end of the show and I thought I heard Terry say he was leaving the Score. Is this true? If so does anybody know why? and what his plans are???

I hope it's true so he can get away from Bernstein. Terry was wasting his talents with that guy!

I want a Boers and McNeil reunion!!!

I just posted about this in another thread. The way it sounded to me is that his contract is up and they haven't reached an agreement. Hanley tried to hold out the possibility that he'd be rejoining The Score, but Boers said, "I don't think it's gonna happen."

MikeKreevich
08-22-2003, 02:45 PM
As a Sox fan, this is great news. Bore is a Sox hater, in fact, he is a Chicago sports hater. He is a obnoxious, talentless man.
Good riddance.

dickallen15
08-22-2003, 02:54 PM
The Score is gonna have to get Dr. Ruth or someone to take over the sex talk with Boers gone. There's gonna be a huge void there.

TornLabrum
08-22-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by dickallen15
The Score is gonna have to get Dr. Ruth or someone to take over the sex talk with Boers gone. There's gonna be a huge void there.

You left out the word homoerotic.

Daver
08-22-2003, 03:14 PM
Well,according to a freind of mine in the Chicago sports radio business,there is a very good chance that Boers will be teamed back up with Dan Mcneil at AM 1000.

TornLabrum
08-22-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by daver
Well,according to a freind of mine in the Chicago sports radio business,there is a very good chance that Boers will be teamed back up with Dan Mcneil at AM 1000.

That seems to go contrary to the standard media axiom that you don't tamper with success. Aren't Mac, Jurko, and Harry trouncing North and Buffone in the ratings?

Daver
08-22-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
That seems to go contrary to the standard media axiom that you don't tamper with success. Aren't Mac, Jurko, and Harry trouncing North and Buffone in the ratings?

I have no idea what the ratings are,but I do know that AM 1000 is trying to increase the amount of local radio they offer,so this would make it possible to have Jurko and Harry move to a different time slot with a show of their own.

I do know that Terry and Dan are very good friends off the air,and had one of the better shows when together at the Score.

TornLabrum
08-22-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by daver
I have no idea what the ratings are,but I do know that AM 1000 is trying to increase the amount of local radio they offer,so this would make it possible to have Jurko and Harry move to a different time slot with a show of their own.

I do know that Terry and Dan are very good friends off the air,and had one of the better shows when together at the Score.

I agree. And Dan was able to rein in Terry a lot better than Bernstein has been able to.

34 Inch Stick
08-22-2003, 04:02 PM
I loved the golden age of the SCORE with the Monsters of the Midday and the Heavy Fuel Crew.

Even if I hated Boers and Mc Neil, anything that gets that fat, no talent, no sports knowledge, bust out comediene Harry Tinydick off the air is something I am for. How many times can a guy fail on the radio and still get work. They should team him up with Tom Hair and see if they could achieve the feat of having 0 listeners. It's preety clear that down deep Mc Neil has no respect for the guy.

Jurko on the other hand has some talent, but right now he is a B list broadcaster.

Hey Les, do you have any insight on this information?