PDA

View Full Version : New at WSI

OurBitchinMinny
08-22-2003, 02:18 PM
Im new here, just found out about it today. Im a sox fan who has to suffer here in Minnesota listening to how great the twins are. I was at the dome last night to see the twins beat the royals. It was 70 degrees outside too...good thing they have that damn dome. Twins fans are so much like cub fans it scary. During the ninth inning with their closer in the game and one out twins fans in the left field seats are playing with a damn beach ball and not even paying attention to the game. The guy in front of me who is smashed out of his mind, says, "hey did you guys know its the ninth inning already? How did we get 4 runs?" Anyways just wanted to say hi and let you know that not everyone who lives in minnesota is retarded

Rocky Soprano
08-22-2003, 02:26 PM
Welcome!

Nice to have another Sox fan join us!

:gulp:

TornLabrum
08-22-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by ChisoxfaninMinny
Im new here, just found out about it today. Im a sox fan who has to suffer here in Minnesota listening to how great the twins are. I was at the dome last night to see the twins beat the royals. It was 70 degrees outside too...good thing they have that damn dome. Twins fans are so much like cub fans it scary. During the ninth inning with their closer in the game and one out twins fans in the left field seats are playing with a damn beach ball and not even paying attention to the game. The guy in front of me who is smashed out of his mind, says, "hey did you guys know its the ninth inning already? How did we get 4 runs?" Anyways just wanted to say hi and let you know that not everyone who lives in minnesota is retarded

Unfortunately it sounds like Twins fans are similar to the Sox "fans" on half-price nights, doing the wave when the Sox are down a run with two men on and two out in the bottom of the 8th.

Fisk72
08-22-2003, 02:47 PM
Welcome aboard! Hope you'll be able to shut those fans up when our guys come into town!

moochpuppy
08-22-2003, 02:56 PM
Im new here, just found out about it today. Im a sox fan who has to suffer here in Minnesota

not everyone who lives in minnesota is retarded

Welcome Minny. BTW, you are not alone. :smile:

voodoochile
08-22-2003, 04:24 PM
I guess I'll make it official... Welcome Aboard! :D:

jabrch
08-22-2003, 04:30 PM
I was at Comiskey last night. On the first HR hit off of Colon, the guy who caught the HR ball held it up with pride....and handed it to a little kid in his row...all class....

Then, on the second one, some jacka$$ catches it, and guess what....throws it back... I was fuming...

I was sitting up in 322 and some of the fans were chanting - "throw it back..throw it back" and I almost went nuts on one of them.

Kudos also to the classy guy in the blue shirt...he dove on the concrete to get a foul ball up in 322. After getting it, he immediately looked around and gave it to a 5 year old girl. She was so happy....later, while sitting down playing with her ball, she threw it over the rail at some guy in the lower boxes. Fortunately, the stadium cust. service, at the request of Mr. Blue Shirt, got her a new ball... To the jerk in 124 who wouldn't give the ball back to a little girl, I hope your two children who were with you don't learn that lesson from you...

A little class goes a long way...

Again...Classy move Mr. Blue Shirt!

eshunn2001
08-22-2003, 04:49 PM
Mr. blue shirt is what ALL fans should be. I happen to live in Anahiem. Beach balls, the wave, Fair weather fans. The works. I was At all the games in Anahiem last week and Damn if we could win a series out there I would be extatic. And by the way WELCOME MINNY

thepaulbowski
08-22-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Unfortunately it sounds like Twins fans are similar to the Sox "fans" on half-price nights, doing the wave when the Sox are down a run with two men on and two out in the bottom of the 8th.

As long as they are spending money on tickets and what-not it doesn't matter to me. I want JR to have the money to get a winner.

sox_fan_forever
08-22-2003, 04:55 PM
Welcome aboard, Minny.

:)

Nick@Nite
08-22-2003, 06:05 PM
Anyways just wanted to say hi and let you know that not everyone who lives in minnesota is retarded

Living 45 minutes from KC, I feel your pain. I characterize it as being "behind enemy lines". Keep the faith, bro.

Also, welcome aboard!