PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts from 8/21

Hangar18
08-22-2003, 07:46 AM
Great game to experience in person. Ended up seeing Steff, Kris and KochThis on the LF concourse. Interesting part of the evening came after the game, we headed over to Jimbos for a 1st Place Drink and I run into dave wills. Nice enough guy, told him who I was, and had an interesting conversation regarding the Media and such. I asked him if its true that hes asked to "tone it down" from time to time, but he said not really. The station realizes that though hes a spokesperson for the Sox, he also has to call it like he sees it, Otherwise, his word to the fans means NOTHING. I completely agreed with him and told him if I thought he was FAKE on the air, I wouldve RAILED on him AND the Station, as well as NOT LISTEN anymore. so Props are in order to JR for this. ....... Was interesting, Willsy has a posse of female admirers, pretty neat to be around ......I convinced TWO of them to sign on to wsi, so we'll see.

THE_HOOTER
08-22-2003, 10:57 AM
Sometimes what is talked about over a beer shoulde be left at the bar.

:gulp:

steff
08-22-2003, 10:59 AM
Henry.. where's the picture..?

Hangar18
08-22-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER
Sometimes what is talked about over a beer shoulde be left at the bar.

:gulp:

actually, this was a new insight in to Jerry Reinsdorf. makes me
think he does want to win

luvsox56
08-22-2003, 03:34 PM
I wouldn't necessarily call us a "posse" but you did convince at least one of us to join. I am no longer a lurker! YEAH!!

voodoochile
08-22-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by luvsox56
I wouldn't necessarily call us a "posse" but you did convince at least one of us to join. I am no longer a lurker! YEAH!!

Welcome Aboard! :D:

Hangar18
08-22-2003, 03:45 PM

You couldnt Resist My Sales Pitch about this place huh?
thats good. Now which person were you?

luvsox56
08-22-2003, 04:11 PM
I am the tallest member of Dave's crazy posse (Jamie). In fact, he introduced me to you because of this site...

Hangar18
08-22-2003, 04:17 PM
I am the tallest member of Dave's crazy posse (Jamie). In fact, he introduced me to you because of this site...

Your exactly who I thought you were :)
Glad your here ! Now make sure you come to more games
and post more. Steff will tell you about all the BBQ's, right Steff?

steff
08-22-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Your exactly who I thought you were :)
Glad your here ! Now make sure you come to more games
and post more. Steff will tell you about all the BBQ's, right Steff?

Yes, I will. Just about to make a post about it actually. And Henry.. where's the picture you took last night..?
Was it a digital camera or do you have to get it developed?