View Full Version : Have North and baffoon

SoxFanDan
08-21-2003, 11:01 PM
shaved the heads yet

Jjav829
08-21-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by SoxFanDan
shaved the heads yet

No, they have to shave them for the last time the Sox were in first because it was determined that the Sox were in first for 24 hours and a few minutes. They scheduled their cuts for September 18th.

FoulTerritory
08-21-2003, 11:17 PM
While I have made a pact with myself to never listen to North and Bufoon again, this lastest info is just obscene.

Who makes a pact to shave their head if such and such takes place, and then sets a date for a month later to do the deed? Isn't it part of the shavenhead/died hair tradition to do it soon after said milestone takes place? Why sept 18th?

Probably just because they are hoping the sox will be out of the running by then, so at least they can rip on them whilst their heads are being shaved.

North is the most phony sox fan ever. He advocates pulling for the cubs too, which is intrinsically impossible, and he pulls against the sox so he doesn't have to shave his head. And he stills claims to be a sox fan.

This guy has turned into such a joke that his manuel bashing makes me question my own anti-manuel sentiments. I mean, what does it say about me that North agrees with my anti-manuel stance?

Brad

Kilroy
08-21-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by FoulTerritory
Who makes a pact to shave their head if such and such takes place, and then sets a date for a month later to do the deed? ...

...This guy has turned into such a joke that his manuel bashing makes me question my own anti-manuel sentiments. I mean, what does it say about me that North agrees with my anti-manuel stance?

Well, on that first point, I think they are doing it live somewhere, so they can milk it a bit. I have no problem with that. I actually didn't know that they conceded the last time the Sox were in first. The first time, they went to great lengths to be sure they didn't have to do anything.

And I have been in the same hell. Having an opinion that North agrees with. Makes your stomach turn, doens't it??

FoulTerritory
08-21-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Well, on that first point, I think they are doing it live somewhere, so they can milk it a bit. I have no problem with that. I actually didn't know that they conceded the last time the Sox were in first. The first time, they went to great lengths to be sure they didn't have to do anything.

And I have been in the same hell. Having an opinion that North agrees with. Makes your stomach turn, doens't it??

Regarding your first point . . . I wasn't aware of such a live stunt (due to my pact of non-listening)

Regarding your second point . . . lol, this is the same guy who thought Shane Mathews was the Bears qb of the future. LOL. Shane Mathews for godsakes. Nice bit of analysis there Mike.

But really, maybe we can take this as 'Manuel is so bad even North can see it'

rather than 'if north thinks manuel is bad, he must not be that bad'

its all a matter of perspective :)

Jjav829
08-22-2003, 12:02 AM
Take it for what it's worth, but North claims that they were going to get their heads shaved all along but were messing with callers by saying the Sox weren't in 1st place long enough.

As for the date thing. They are doing a remote from Ditka's on that date and wanted to have their heads shaved in public so thats why they did it. They were originally going to try to get a player to do it (I think Wunsch agreed to) but the Sox are out of town on that date.

JRIG
08-22-2003, 12:06 AM
While I have made a pact with myself to never listen to North and Bufoon again, this lastest info is just obscene.

Who makes a pact to shave their head if such and such takes place, and then sets a date for a month later to do the deed?

A radio host with sinking ratings who sees his competition down the dial beating him in most major demos and knows his grossly inflated salary is the major cause for the purge of talent currently going on at his station does that sort of thing to drum up whatever kind of publicity he can for his show.

In my opinion, of course.

FoulTerritory
08-22-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by JRIG
A radio host with sinking ratings who sees his competition down the dial beating him in most major demos and knows his grossly inflated salary is the major cause for the purge of talent currently going on at his station does that sort of thing to drum up whatever kind of publicity he can for his show.

In my opinion, of course.

Your opinion is right on

fledgedrallycap
08-22-2003, 10:13 AM

Who makes a pact to shave their head if such and such takes place, and then sets a date for a month later to do the deed? Isn't it part of the shavenhead/died hair tradition to do it soon after said milestone takes place? Why sept 18th?

One reason, my friend: Publicity Stunt

OurBitchinMinny
08-22-2003, 02:37 PM
Whenever Im in chicago visiting family I listen to the score a lot. I always thought that it seemed like there were more sox fans hosting. Is north a cub or sox fan? He always sounds like a sox fan to me. I havent listened in a long time, but I thought the score had a sox slant to it. Which is good if it does.

TornLabrum
08-22-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by ChisoxfaninMinny
Whenever Im in chicago visiting family I listen to the score a lot. I always thought that it seemed like there were more sox fans hosting. Is north a cub or sox fan? He always sounds like a sox fan to me. I havent listened in a long time, but I thought the score had a sox slant to it. Which is good if it does.

North claims to be a White Sox fan but has had Cubs season tickets in the past "for my wife."

I just heard the end of the mid-day show, and it seems that Terry Boers' contract is up and he is unsure as to his future. They really are doing a housecleaning there.