PDA

View Full Version : Jim Rose, You Idiot

Meixner007
08-21-2003, 06:27 PM
In tonights news he says that, "the team right with the white sox is the royals. Tonight they're at the twins. Hopefully the twins will sweep the royals to give the sox an even bigger cushion." You fool. Where do you think the twins are in the standings? Who has the easiest schedule. If anything I'm probably rooting for the royals to take split and take 2 of 4.

valposoxfan
08-21-2003, 06:29 PM
Jim Rose does not know much about sports, period. I remember in 2000 he referred to the AL Central as the "AL Central Conference" when talking about the Sox being in first. He just doesn't know what he's talking about. I never watch channel 7 sports.

dickallen15
08-21-2003, 08:18 PM
He also called Marte Martee at the 5 o'clock. Another dope

PaleHoseGeorge
08-21-2003, 08:23 PM
I noticed Channel 7 picked up the costs of sending Jim Rose to Houston to cover the Flubbies. That got me to thinking when was the last time ANY Chicago news team was sent on the road to cover a regular season Sox road game. I can't remember it happening even once since the Sox clinched in Minnesota back in September, 2000.

I hate being second fiddle in this town. And some of you are honestly happy that both teams are winning... go figure. :angry:

cheeses_h_rice
08-21-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I noticed Channel 7 picked up the costs of sending Jim Rose to Houston to cover the Flubbies. That got me to thinking when was the last time ANY Chicago news team was sent on the road to cover a regular season Sox road game. I can't remember it happening even once since the Sox clinched in Minnesota back in September, 2000.

I hate being second fiddle in this town. And some of you are honestly happy that both teams are winning... go figure. :angry:

That's actually a good point, George. Giangreco going down to do a pre-season special on the Flubs a few years ago and completely ignoring the Sox was another slap in the face along these lines. "The Professor" occasionally makes it out to the Cell to do some live reports, but you don't see him making any trips to the Baggydome or Kaufman Stadium to cover that particular division race.

There are only a few sports guys on TV that I like and think give the Sox a fair shake -- Mark Schanowski (sp?) on Channel 5, and Corey McFerrin & Dan Jiggetts on Fox come to mind first and foremost. Other guys, like Giangreco, Mike Adamle, and Brad Palmer just seem like they'd rather be nowhere else but Beautiful Wrigley Field.

RKMeibalane
08-21-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

You said it. I will never understand how some people can actually tolerate the fact that the Cubs are having a good season.

Hello, people! As long as the Cubs show any signs of life, they will get the majority of the media coverage. As Sox fans, you shouldn't be happy about that. I'm not.

cheeses_h_rice
08-21-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
You said it. I will never understand how some people can actually tolerate the fact that the Cubs are having a good season.

Hello, people! As long as the Cubs show any signs of life, they will get the majority of the media coverage. As Sox fans, you shouldn't be happy about that. I'm not.

I will say this, though: I bought a Sun-Times this morning and was pleased to see a full-page, full-color photo of Esteban pumping his fist after the big K in that inning when the Angels led off with a triple and didn't score. Normally the Cub-Times would have had a life-size shot of Mark Prior's sideburns.

Lip Man 1
08-21-2003, 11:49 PM
George:

I suggest you call Channel 7 and mention that to them specifically that they need to send reporters when the Sox go to Minnesota and K.C.

I'll be curious to see what they say.

Lip

pudge
08-22-2003, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
George:

I suggest you call Channel 7 and mention that to them specifically that they need to send reporters when the Sox go to Minnesota and K.C.

I'll be curious to see what they say.

Lip

Why even watch local news for sports information? Ignore those baffons. The Cubs will always be the sexy team in town, and local news is all about ratings. The newspapers should be the real targets - they have no reason not to dedicate equal space and share the headlines... oops, but one of them owns the Cubs.

inta
08-22-2003, 04:15 AM
who's jim rose?

:cool:

A.T. Money
08-22-2003, 08:41 AM
The Sox were the headline on channel 2 last night.

A.T. Money
08-22-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by inta
who's jim rose?

:cool:

The black guy who does sports for channel 7. Giengreco (sp?) is the main guy, and Rose will appear at Bears camp...things like that.

thepaulbowski
08-22-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Meixner007
In tonights news he says that, "the team right with the white sox is the royals. Tonight they're at the twins. Hopefully the twins will sweep the royals to give the sox an even bigger cushion." You fool. Where do you think the twins are in the standings? Who has the easiest schedule. If anything I'm probably rooting for the royals to take split and take 2 of 4.

The most important question here is: Why are you watching Channel 7?

Hangar18
08-22-2003, 11:12 AM
PHG just said something that is very True. Why is Jim Rose even in HOUSTON TO BEGIN WITH? DID CH.7 think the Cubs were going to CLinch? Im watching with curiousity if they send him to AZ too. ALL i know is, i'll be PISSED OFF again, if CH7 doesnt send someone to NY to cover our series in NY. They wont, and you know why? They'll say Rose is busy covering Woods first start in chicago since his blowup in the dugout last nite.

TornLabrum
08-22-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
PHG just said something that is very True. Why is Jim Rose even in HOUSTON TO BEGIN WITH? DID CH.7 think the Cubs were going to CLinch? Im watching with curiousity if they send him to AZ too. ALL i know is, i'll be PISSED OFF again, if CH7 doesnt send someone to NY to cover our series in NY. They wont, and you know why? They'll say Rose is busy covering Woods first start in chicago since his blowup in the dugout last nite.

According to Giangreco several months ago on Mac, Jurko, and Harry's show, the sports director for the station is a Cubs fan.

Meixner007
08-22-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
The most important question here is: Why are you watching Channel 7?

Hahhahaah. I was out of town for the previous night's game and hadn't seen any highlights. At the time he just happened to be on.