PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Fall League Rosters...

Randar68
08-21-2003, 03:50 PM
The White Sox have preliminarily filled 5 of their 6 roster spots and have one opening for an IF slot left.

Reed, Cotts, Ryan Hankns IF (AAA), Mitch Wylie RHP (AA), and Gary Majewski RHP (AAA)

Hankins is listed as a catcher, but he hasn't played there. He's spent 21 games at 1st and 35 at 3rd this season.

Annually, the Sox select a combination of real prospects and guys they'd like to showcase for a trade, or to try to trade them before they become eligible for the Rule 5 draft. Cotts and Reed are the only 2 real prospects out of the 5. The 6th spot would likely be filled by a AA or AAA player such as Tim Hummel or Jamie Burke. I don't know if Willie Harris is still eligible, but it would be a good way to get him at-bats.

jeremyb1
08-21-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Annually, the Sox select a combination of real prospects and guys they'd like to showcase for a trade, or to try to trade them before they become eligible for the Rule 5 draft. Cotts and Reed are the only 2 real prospects out of the 5. The 6th spot would likely be filled by a AA or AAA player such as Tim Hummel or Jamie Burke. I don't know if Willie Harris is still eligible, but it would be a good way to get him at-bats.

Personally, I like Majewski. I don't know what the problem is with him. I still don't understand why we left him off the 40 man so that he was taken in the Rule 5 last season. He's still only 23, he dominated AA hitters last season, and he's pitched really well in AAA the last month or so after a somewhat rocky start. He needs to cut down on his walks some but a strikeout an inning is pretty good.

Its always helpful to have guys ready to go in Charlotte in case we need bullpen help and Majewski looks like he has a future as a solid middle reliever. I'd rather have him on the roster than Adkins right now.

Daver
08-21-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
Personally, I like Majewski. I don't know what the problem is with him. I still don't understand why we left him off the 40 man so that he was taken in the Rule 5 last season.

It was well worth the risk of re-acquiring him.Face it,the guy has destiny,he has been traded twice,as well as claimed in the rule 5 draft and he is still with the Sox organization.

That being said I don't know that he will ever amount to much more than a bullpen arm.