PDA

View Full Version : For Sox fans who have FSN CHI on Satellite

Medford Bobby
08-21-2003, 03:45 PM
Hey you Sox fans around the country with this on your sat., (Have FSN Chicago) on my Dish Network system.......this could be fun to watch :cool:

FOX SPORTS NET TO DEBUT LIVE CUBS/WHITE SOX WEEKLY SERIES ON SUNDAY AFTERNOONS STARTING AUGUST 31

Cubs Legend Ron Santo to Join “Cubs/Sox Pennant Central” Line-up

(CHICAGO) – As the Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox drive to the MLB playoffs heats up, Fox Sports Net will debut a new, weekly series entitled Cubs/Sox Pennant Central beginning Sunday, August 31 following White Sox POST (approx. 3:30 PM). This live, half-hour program will air for five consecutive Sundays (Aug. 31; Sept. 7, 14, 21 & 28) following either a White Sox or Cubs afternoon post-game show on FSN.

Cubs/Sox Pennant Central will recap the previous week for the Cubs and White Sox, as well as preview the week ahead highlighting team and pitching match-ups and monitoring the other teams in the AL and NL Central division races. The program will be hosted by Fox Sports Net’s Cubs studio host Gail Fischer and White Sox studio host Damon Andrews, along with FSN’s baseball studio analysts Dave Otto and Bill Melton. The White Sox announcing tandem of Ken “Hawk” Harrelson and Darrin Jackson are also scheduled to appear.

Cubs radio broadcaster and north side legend Ron Santo will also join the Cubs/Sox Pennant Central cast with his weekly thoughts on the Cubs. Plus, various White Sox coaches will provide their insight on what lies ahead for the south siders. The program will also feature numerous player and manager interviews from both teams.

“This has been a thrilling summer of baseball for both White Sox and Cubs fans,” said James J. Corno, Senior Vice President/General Manager for Fox Sports Net Chicago. “We look to add to the excitement by providing our viewers with a live, weekly Chicago baseball show that will be timely, informative and entertaining as these teams make their respective playoff pushes.”

In addition to the live Sunday airing following a Cubs or White Sox afternoon post-game show, Cubs/Sox Pennant Central will also air at 10:00 PM the same evening.

-FSN-

Just have to avoid it when the Cups are on.. :angry: .I can't take Chippy and S-t-e-v-e strokin' Jim Hendry anymore.................

ewokpelts
08-21-2003, 04:26 PM
i like this...except for st. santo

NewyorkSoxFan
08-21-2003, 05:03 PM
Yea how about equal time, let Santo and Farmer do the show together or Even DJ. I can see it now 20 mins of cubs and 8 mins of Sox. Although I wish Fox sports net would do more local programming. Its amazing that in this large of a market we don't even have an half-hour Chgo wrapup show at nite. ie, MSG, NESN, YES, and even Detroit.

NYSF

Dadawg_77
08-21-2003, 05:04 PM
They tried it a few years ago but when Fox's sporcenter was canned so was the local show.

JohnJeter
08-21-2003, 05:07 PM
Ugh. Kiss of Death if you ask me.

But nobody is.

Medford Bobby
08-21-2003, 05:38 PM
The funny :D: thing about the old local news is that they shared markets with the same news-teams.........It was funny watching Damon Andrews (that his last name??) finishing the Chicago sports then doing the Bay Area report and acting disgruntled and sad if the A's or giants lost....THey still do this at Detroit and Fox Northwest team....BUT YEA, you'd think a large market could support a wrap up show....not enuff money :whiner: to support????? AND I thought the idea behind a sports network catered to your area was in depth sports coverage??? Will this change is Sox and Cups go after their own sports channel like :angry: Yankmees "YES" network???
Now, I could take a wrap up show with Megan :cool: and maybe Gail Fisher that does the Cups pre and post...but :angry: no guys please............................................ ...................(ok Maybe Melton)

:gulp: Bring back Anne Werner...she's good beer fed stock :)