PDA

View Full Version : Torii's Big Mouth

LASOXFAN
08-21-2003, 03:04 PM
"This is serious. I smell blood. I'm like a pit bull. When I taste blood, I'm on you." - Torii Hunter

Is anyone else sick of this guy's mouth? He tries to act tough but never backs it up. He waits for somebody to step in, like he did last year against Howry. Rooney and Farmer let him have it for that one. I'd love to see one of our pitchers clock this bastardo.

SoxFanDan
08-21-2003, 03:07 PM
I can just sense an all out brawl between Royals and Twins this weekend. Go get some suspensions

MetalliSox
08-21-2003, 03:13 PM
Torii has been a jagbag on a few occasions.

You are not allowed to pitch him inside or he will get mad. Look at that Tribe game a day or so ago. Davis moved him off the plate, Torri got mad, then struck out on a pitch away.

Davis did what he was suppose to do and made Hunter look bad, but even after he K'd he stared Davis down. What a candyass.

Even last year when he got unintentionally beaned, he threw the ball back at Howry, i believe.

THE_HOOTER
08-21-2003, 03:19 PM
I would love to have him on my team.

He is a great player with no weaknesses.

It does appear he puts his foot in his mouth though.

Kind of like Ray durham, Billy Koch, Jose Valentin, Frank Thomas, etc...

Lets face it, none of these guys are short on egos.

I agree with the assessment that you drill him on the first pitch.

chosk8
08-21-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER

No weaknesses? He's hitting .244, he must have some weakness. I don't like him and wouldn't want him on my team. Just my opinion, of course.

JRIG
08-21-2003, 03:43 PM

No offense, but that's ridiculous.

Hunter's a guy doesn't get on base very often [OBPs of .309, .318, .306, .334 (his "big" year last year), and .309]. That's a huge weakness. He never walks and has had an OPS of more than .790 once in his career. He strikes out a lot too (on pace for more than 100 years in a row). That's not a huge problem, but can be considered a weakness.

He's not the best defensive centerfielder in the game either, no matter what Baeball Tonight tells you. Cameron and Andruw Jones are neck and neck for that honor.

A good player? Yes. But not worth the kind of money the Twins threw at him after last year.

mandmandm
08-21-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
"This is serious. I smell blood. I'm like a pit bull. When I taste blood, I'm on you." - Torii Hunter

Tori better change his tampon.

Foulke You
08-21-2003, 05:55 PM
Torii talks a lot of trash. I'm sick of him and his whole big mouth Twins team. They talk the most trash out of any team in our division but god forbid you say anything back to them, then they become the thinnest skinned pansies around. I also remember that Howry incident last year. I get the impression that Farmer and Rooney feel the same way about Hunter as Sox fans do. Everytime Hunter comes to the plate when the Sox are playing the Twins, Farmer or Rooney will mockingly say "He's a good player" every time. If we don't win the division this year, then I hope it is KC because I can't stand the Twins.

jeremyb1
08-21-2003, 07:57 PM
I really just wish the White Sox would stop talking trash about the Twins.

MetalliSox
08-21-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1

Someone remind me when the last time we did? Koch before Spring Training?

fquaye149
08-21-2003, 08:51 PM

except that he can't hit

:hitless

"i wonder if i have a knack for centerfield"

faneidde
08-21-2003, 09:23 PM
I like the trash-talking, as long as the guys back it up. It adds to a budding rivalry and just makes the games more fun.

jeremyb1
08-21-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
Someone remind me when the last time we did? Koch before Spring Training?

Yeah. I still don't think that one member of the organization that hasn't played a game yet, constitutes the White Sox talking trash. As far as I'm concerned the last time we talked trash as a team was prior to the '02 season, so a year and a half ago. However, if you ask the media and the national media in particular, we're still sending page long essays on how bad we think the twins are on a daily basis.

doublem23
08-22-2003, 12:53 AM

Man, if Torii Hunter "has no weakness," that makes Royce Clayton nothing short of divinity.

Where's that Jesus Royce pic when I need it?

THE_HOOTER
08-22-2003, 11:53 AM
I know you are trying to be funny about Clayton comparisons, and maybe he does have a weak OBP, but to say you wouldnt want him on your team is ridiculous.

This guy plays great defense, hits for power, has speed, and wants to win.

Would you rather have Everitt or Hunter?

If one person says Rowand, I'll die.

fquaye149
08-22-2003, 12:46 PM
i'll take everett. defensive plays might help winshare 5 games at most a year.

compare that to having a .250-20-75 vs a .300-30-100 or somewhere in the neighborhood

either way, it's not torii's hitting at all that makes him valuable

RKMeibalane
08-11-2004, 04:32 PM
I'm bringing this thread back. It's amazing how little things have changed in a year.

OzzieBall2004
08-11-2004, 04:46 PM
HA! Good call...I At first I didnt even realize it was from last year,until all the KC talk. I was about to remind whoever said they hope KC wins if we dont that that would require plane crashes by all the teams remaining on KC's schedule. And even then it isnt a sure thing. Those teams could probably call up A/AA/AAA players to give them a run for their money. Honestly I was at that game yesterday and I have no idea how we let that team embarass us last week. We could all point to Maggs and Hurts abscense for not winning the central this year, but man oh man I can remember some games we shouldnt have lost...

Off the top of my head.....Opening day, Munoz vs. MON, Diaz vs. CLE, 2 outta 3 from the last Minny series, and of course, every blown save by Koch (3 I believe, plus a loss maybe) after we realized Shingos capabilities (feel free to add to this)

Baby Fisk
08-11-2004, 04:48 PM
I'm bringing this thread back. It's amazing how little things have changed in a year.I hate how this tool:

:boston

...has all but declared the Twins to be America's Team. Makes me sick.

CWWTWS1
08-11-2004, 04:55 PM
:boston
"The Red Sox and Cubs are sure bets to meet in the 04 fall classic".

THE_HOOTER
08-11-2004, 05:16 PM
Man, if Torii Hunter "has no weakness," that makes Royce Clayton nothing short of divinity.

Where's that Jesus Royce pic when I need it?

This makes no sense to me at all. you compared Hunter to Clayton???????????

Boy oh boy you need to watch some more baseball.:bandance:

the_valenstache
08-11-2004, 05:17 PM
Seeing as how Torii's voice is somewhere between Tiger Woods and Tony Gwynn, I have a hard time believing anyone that would be intimidated by a soundclip such as this one.

South Side
08-11-2004, 05:24 PM
Wow, I definitely did not know this was from a year ago and I thought the person who said he hoped the Royals win the division was delusional. Torri Hunter sucks... plain and simple.

LASOXFAN
08-11-2004, 05:29 PM
You're right, things haven't changed much in a year. The Sox were only two games better at this point last year (58-52), the Twins are even more dominant, especially late in a game, and the Sox are left to wonder about all those games they should've won. And I still hate Torii Hunter.

But hey, the Sox are more talented, so who cares?

RKMeibalane
08-11-2004, 08:00 PM
Seeing as how Torii's voice is somewhere between Tiger Woods and Tony Gwynn, I have a hard time believing anyone that would be intimidated by a soundclip such as this one.
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/darth.jpg

"His voice cannot compare to mine."

ChiSoxBobette
08-12-2004, 07:26 AM

All Tori Hunter is a good fielding centerfielder with a weak bat and a big mouth I'd rather have Carlos Beltran.

illiniwhitesox
08-12-2004, 09:47 AM
I know you are trying to be funny about Clayton comparisons, and maybe he does have a weak OBP, but to say you wouldnt want him on your team is ridiculous.

This guy plays great defense, hits for power, has speed, and wants to win.

Would you rather have Everitt or Hunter?

If one person says Rowand, I'll die.
Time to make funeral arrangements. I'll take Rowand, his contract, his defense, his arm, his AVERAGE, his OBP. The Twins can take Torii's "acting hard" routine.

You see, "I'm from the hood". No Torii, you are from Arkansas. There is no hood in Arkansas.