PDA

View Full Version : If Sox Win Central.....& Flubs Buy Central too...

Hangar18
08-21-2003, 02:15 PM
How much credence will we give to ourselves as far as What It Actually Took to Win the Division ? Im mostly proud of the Sox because were able to accomplish what we sort of have, with our own CORE of players. Though its been ugly....and not all that much satisfying (though we beat the cubs...that was worth something to me) Have the SOX really earned this division? Or are we just stumbling along to the finish line? As far as that flub team is concerned, Im watching their game alongside the SOX on a bigscreen last nite, and I heard a cub fan cheering a hit by a player, and he said "who just scored just now", and it made me think....MY GOD, this team is once again.....ENTIRELY NEW as compared to Opening Day. The cubs are entirely a brand new team (thanks to the genorosity of the Pirates, Rockies and Bud Selig) Have they really earned their division? or was it handed to them by others?

Rocky Soprano
08-21-2003, 02:30 PM
I dont know what was wrong with our team at the beginning of the season but you can only imagine how many games we would be ahead had the real Sox showed up since day one.

So I am happy that at least the team woke up and now they are fighting for what is ours.

As far as the Scrubs go, Im not worried about them. The will show their true colors when it counts.

CHISOXFAN13
08-21-2003, 02:39 PM
You could argue that the Cubs are a different team now because they added solid players like Lofton, Ramirez and Simon and marginal players like Glanville and Womack.

But I ask you this? Where the hell would we be without Roberto Alomar and Carl Everett?

I don't even want to know.