PDA

View Full Version : Frank's Cell Phone

RKMeibalane
08-21-2003, 01:44 PM
Did anyone find out what happened with this situation? I know that a bunch of Royals fans were calling the number, trying to bother him. Did he have the number changed?

steff
08-21-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Did anyone find out what happened with this situation? I know that a bunch of Royals fans were calling the number, trying to bother him. Did he have the number changed?

It was never his. But he loved it.

RKMeibalane
08-21-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by steff

Interesting. It's good to know that was never actually a problem then. :D:

Brian26
08-21-2003, 11:27 PM

Hmm. Explain, please.

I know people who called the number and heard Frank's voice. So you're saying it was his voice but wasn't his phone? But, he did hear the messages? So he recorded an outgoing message on a friend's phone and then let the friend screen the calls and messages that were left? And the friend was "in" on this deal with the KC schmuck who posted the number on the KC board?

steff
08-22-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
Hmm. Explain, please.

I know people who called the number and heard Frank's voice. So you're saying it was his voice but wasn't his phone? But, he did hear the messages? So he recorded an outgoing message on a friend's phone and then let the friend screen the calls and messages that were left? And the friend was "in" on this deal with the KC schmuck who posted the number on the KC board?

It was his voice.. he made the message - for a guy named Frank. It was a joke. He never heard the messages.

Brian26
08-22-2003, 09:58 AM
It was his voice.. he made the message - for a guy named Frank. It was a joke. He never heard the messages.

And the number just happened to end in 3535????

And the guy he recorded the message for just happened to be Frank?

C'Mon Steff! Either you're playing us for fools or someone's playing you.

steff
08-22-2003, 10:05 AM
And the number just happened to end in 3535????

And the guy he recorded the message for just happened to be Frank?

C'Mon Steff! Either you're playing us for fools or someone's playing you.

No.. the phone number was not accidental. It was PLANNED. What am I not being clear about here..?

He recorded the message. He knows the guy.

Steve Bartman
08-22-2003, 10:18 AM
No.. the phone number was not accidental. It was PLANNED. What am I not being clear about here..?

How did you hear about this?

Brian26
08-22-2003, 11:52 AM

OK. Steff, I love you babe, I'm not trying to bust you on this.

I'm just hoping this isn't as perverted as it seems.

So you're saying Frank is buddies with another guy, and this other guy also happens to be named Frank. And this other Frank went out and called US Cellular or Cingular Wireless or whatever and requested a vanity phone number that ends in "3535". And then Big Hurt was given the phone for at least a few minutes by his friend, also named Frank, to record an outgoing message. And then Big Hurt gives the phone back to "Frank".

And then, Big Hurt gave out the cell number to some chick, and that number somehow got back to the KC Royals message board.

Ok, I'm with ya so far.

Now, the friend is screening all 6,000 calls he got.

What purpose does this serve for anyone? Is it a perverse way for the fake Frank to get chicks' phone numbers? Is the fake Frank screening baseball annie's for the real Frank? This is crap I really don't want to think about.

Doesn't the scenario that "it was really Big Hurt's number" seem a bit more sensible?

doublem23
08-22-2003, 12:03 PM
Let me add my two cents into all of this...

Who cares? :o:

Go Sox!

steff
08-22-2003, 12:05 PM
The guys sister supposedly works for a cell phone co and programmed the #. No big deal from what I was told. No idea how many calls he got, so I can't comment. The part that Frank gave out the number is BS.. the non famous Frank gave it out saying it was the famous Frank's # as a gag.

It was a joke.

The non famous Frank knows the famous Frank via Herm.

Brian26
08-22-2003, 12:22 PM
Interesting because....

I know a girl who Frank (the real Frank) gave his number to this year at a bar. I'll ask her today if the numbers are the same.

If they are the same, this story is bs.

jabrch
08-22-2003, 12:46 PM
who works with another guy named Frank who has a son named Frank Jr. who has a cell phone...

WFT?

Who cares....

We are in First Place....To heck with moron Royals fans with nothing to do...

steff
08-22-2003, 12:50 PM
Interesting because....

I know a girl who Frank (the real Frank) gave his number to this year at a bar. I'll ask her today if the numbers are the same.

If they are the same, this story is bs.

Gee.. Megan will be please to hear about her finace's actions on an internet message board.

Classy.

Brian26
08-22-2003, 01:33 PM
Gee.. Megan will be please to hear about her finace's actions on an internet message board.

Classy.

Who is Megan? Do you know something I don't know, Steff?

alohafri
08-22-2003, 02:09 PM
Megan is Frank's current flame.

(Mrs. Aloha)

Brian26
08-22-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
Megan is Frank's current flame.

(Mrs. Aloha)

Ah, well, this supposedly happened 6 months ago. So maybe he wasn't with Megan back then.

steff
08-22-2003, 03:32 PM
Who is Megan? Do you know something I don't know, Steff?

Megan is Frank's fiance. And no offense.. but I wouldn't put too much stock in your friend who says Frank gave her his number. He doesn't crap in his own back yard..

steff
08-22-2003, 03:32 PM
Ah, well, this supposedly happened 6 months ago. So maybe he wasn't with Megan back then.

Yes, he was.

THE_HOOTER
08-22-2003, 03:36 PM
How do you know he doesnt crap in his own back yard?

Frank hasn't exactly made a lot samrt decisions in the past.

Rocky Soprano
08-22-2003, 03:41 PM
Lets just drop this already.

Is this really that important?

Frank's team is #1, thats all that should matter.

eshunn2001
08-22-2003, 04:16 PM
True dat... SOX are in first.

steff
08-22-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER
How do you know he doesnt crap in his own back yard?

Frank hasn't exactly made a lot samrt decisions in the past.

Baaa haaaa haaaaa....

Thanks I needed that. :D:

RKMeibalane
08-22-2003, 05:29 PM
I am beginning to regret starting this thread. I probably should have just sent Steff a PM in order avoid a debate about Frank's personal life. That was the exact thing I had hoped to avoid.

Brian26
08-22-2003, 05:31 PM
Megan is Frank's fiance. And no offense.. but I wouldn't put too much stock in your friend who says Frank gave her his number. He doesn't crap in his own back yard..

Does he crap in HSC's backyard?

steff
08-22-2003, 05:33 PM
Does he crap in HSC's backyard?

I have no idea what you're implying.. but why don't you ask her?

steff
08-22-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I am beginning to regret starting this thread. I probably should have just sent Steff a PM in order avoid a debate about Frank's personal life. That was the exact thing I had hoped to avoid.

Sorry RK. I should have just PM'd you.

Hangar18
08-22-2003, 05:38 PM
I just got off the cell ph w Big Frank. He said for everyone to stop calling him, hes trying to get in the cage....