PDA

View Full Version : Not all KC columnists are fools

MarqSox
08-21-2003, 01:14 PM
Looks like this guy is jockeying for a job in Chicago. Pretty funny, I think he's taking potshots at his colleague.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/6584223.htm

Dadawg_77
08-21-2003, 01:15 PM
That guys is a Chicagoan. Isn't he on PTI?

MarqSox
08-21-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
No. You're thinking of Dave Wilbon, who writes for the Washington Post. This is Jayson Whitlock of the Kansas City Star.

MetalliSox
08-21-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
No. You're thinking of Dave Wilbon, who writes for the Washington Post. This is Jayson Whitlock of the Kansas City Star.

Actually, Whitlock used to cover Chicago. He was CLTV a lot for a few years. Not sure if he was raised here.

MarqSox
08-21-2003, 01:22 PM
LOL! Goofballs at RoyalBoard are complaining that "he shouldn't be writing this now! Gotta pump up the city!" What a bunch of tools.

http://www.royalboard.com/baseball/messages/70628.html

pudge
08-21-2003, 01:31 PM
This seems like a short column - it feels like an editor chopped it, which would be quite ironic considering its message. I wish I could read the whole thing!

WhiteSoxWinner
08-21-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77

Close, he made some appearances on ESPN's The Sports Reporters. I knew he looked familiar too when I saw his picture.

Lip Man 1
08-21-2003, 01:54 PM
By the way...it's Michael Wilbon not Dave.

Lip

soxtalker
08-21-2003, 02:01 PM
I think that with minor modifications, this could have been written for one of our papers, referring to the Sox. The fans might react a bit differently.

(Come to think of it, with a few additional modifications, it could also be written for the Cubs.)

Oh -- I did like the article.

Hangar18
08-21-2003, 02:03 PM
Unfortuneately for KC fans, this guy is Right. The Current setup in baseball, with Selig running the show, will allow bad things to happen to the small teams. Teams like the Pirates and DRays will continue to give away players to Giant Corporate Teams because they cant afford them, and Get Nothing in Return.

StillMissOzzie
08-21-2003, 10:15 PM
I agree, Hangar. The small market teams have to be resouceful & grow their own talent, but it's just not sustainable. They're actually quasi-minor league outlets for the big money teams, since the small market teams pay them to develop and become stars, and then leave via fee agency. At best, they get more draft picks when their free agents go elsewhere.

:gulp: