PDA

View Full Version : Sox on ESPN....Again!

NewyorkSoxFan
08-21-2003, 07:40 AM
The Sox home game against the BoSox on 9/3 has been moved to 6:05 to accomodate ESPN baseball. Another Sox home game on National TV. We have been having some dramatic wins at home and always makes for good television.

That is going to be a huge homestand on top of it and I think it preceeds the 4 game series against the Twinkies.

NYSF

RKMeibalane
08-21-2003, 01:57 PM
The Sox will be on ESPN again, this time on September 3 vs. Boston. Start time is 6:05 CDT.

Nice to see this team getting more and more exposure.

Lip Man 1
08-21-2003, 02:23 PM
and to think how many times the Sox would be on ESPN if they didn't hate them !

Lip

Medford Bobby
08-21-2003, 05:57 PM
Really why do we want to show America how we boo our manager and attack Royal's coaches...Let's just show more smiling :smile: kids and floppy hats and roof top shots from Wrigley Field, thats represents true baseball fans in Chicago........................................... ........ :whiner:

RedPinStripes
08-21-2003, 06:37 PM
Wake up everyone! Sox wouldnt have a chance of being on ESPN if they weremt playing the Red Sox.

The Red Sox game is on ESPN . They just happen to be playing in Chicago.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-21-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Wake up everyone! Sox wouldnt have a chance of being on ESPN if they weremt playing the Red Sox.

The Red Sox game is on ESPN . They just happen to be playing in Chicago.

Sad, but true. :(:

doublem23
08-22-2003, 12:56 AM
At least I get to see them on my birthday. :gulp:

For once, ESPN's infatuation with the BoSox pays off.

MRKARNO
08-22-2003, 01:21 AM
TIED FOR THIRD-MOST CAREER STRIKEOUTS!!! Next up: Andres Galarraga (1,982)... 40 to go!!!

Sammy wont be passing up galarraga this year, hopefully next year and then he'll be number one in about 3-4 years when he passes up Mr. October at 2597

adsit
08-22-2003, 11:12 AM
Yeah, this is a wash for me, because one of my few chances per year to see the White Sox on "real TV" comes when Boston plays 'em. In fact, it will probably mean ESPN will be blacked out here if NESN still carries the game as scheduled.

If ESPN picked up a White Sox-Detroit game I'd be impressed.

Lip Man 1
08-22-2003, 01:59 PM
I'm missing the "logic" here.....WHO CARES if the Red Sox are the "real" reason for ESPN being in town?

The fact is the White Sox are on ESPN again.

I thought that's what some of you wanted? (based on the ESPN bashing). Now that ESPN will have put the Sox on what five times this season (with the probability of games with the Twins and Royals also being shown) that's not enough?

Now you want the "love?"

and frankly how does anybody know the Red Sox are the reason?

At the rate the BoSox are playing the Yankees might wrap up the division in a few weeks .

Just enjoy the fact the Sox are playing well enough (for a change) to warrent national coverage.

Lip

RKMeibalane
08-22-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I'm missing the "logic" here.....WHO CARES if the Red Sox are the "real" reason for ESPN being in town?

The fact is the White Sox are on ESPN again.

I thought that's what some of you wanted? (based on the ESPN bashing). Now that ESPN will have put the Sox on what five times this season (with the probability of games with the Twins and Royals also being shown) that's not enough?

Now you want the "love?"

and frankly how does anybody know the Red Sox are the reason?

At the rate the BoSox are playing the Yankees might wrap up the division in a few weeks .

Just enjoy the fact the Sox are playing well enough (for a change) to warrent national coverage.

Lip

I agree. Let's try to enjoy the rest of this season, regardless of what ESPN or anyone is trying to do regarding White Sox baseball. The Sox have their most well-rounded team since 1994, and that means they have a chance to get back to the post-season. As everyone here knows, it is not a given that the same group of players who currently make up the core of the team will be around next year, so we need to enjoy this while it lasts.