PDA

View Full Version : Was anybody as afraid as I was...

TornLabrum
08-20-2003, 10:50 PM
...that Gen. Disarray had left Loaiza in for about two too many batters? It's a good thing Marte was on his game tonight.

konerkopeachy
08-20-2003, 10:53 PM
I was scared. Heck, I was surprised that Loaiza was in the game for as long as he was.

rmusacch
08-20-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by konerkopeachy
I was scared. Heck, I was surprised that Loaiza was in the game for as long as he was.

Why the hell let Damaso pitch three innings?

emaholic
08-20-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by konerkopeachy

Heh, you and me both.

kempsted
08-21-2003, 08:37 AM
For once I think Manuel did the right thing leaving Marte out there. Gordon has gone a bunch of games in a row. If you take Marte out and Gordon doesn't have it who do you go to. I think putting Marte out in the 9th and warming someone up would be the best. I don't know if he had Gordon warming up. Did he? Anyone know?

CHISOXFAN13
08-21-2003, 09:39 AM
Not one of those three balls the Angels hit in the seventh was hit hard. I didn't think Loaiza was done until the walk.

Secondly, Manuel wasn't going to use Manuel so he did the prefect thing. While Marte may not be able to pitch tonight, who cares. That was a huge victory.

Hopefully Colon will get back to his old form and go about eight innings tonight.

Procol Harum
08-21-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by kempsted
For once I think Manuel did the right thing leaving Marte out there. Gordon has gone a bunch of games in a row.

Agreed--gotta give the Tinkerer his props when he deserves them for as much as we rip on him. I also agree w/ CHI'113 that I did not become concerned about Loiaza with the bloop hits, but when he walked the fourth batter that was enough to convince me that all was not well. I think ol' JM got it right this time--now if he could just resign himself to a consistent line-up for 4-5 days in a row....