PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Lee....

MRKARNO
08-20-2003, 10:17 PM
Left 7 guys on base. 2 or 3 times Olivo and Roberto alomar both got on with 2 outs and he killed it. this is inexcusable from our RBI machine. He should have gotten at least 1 run in and we'd probably still be complaining if he had only gotten one in.

TornLabrum
08-20-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Left 7 guys on base. 2 or 3 times Olivo and Roberto alomar both got on with 2 outs and he killed it. this is inexcusable from our RBI machine. He should have gotten at least 1 run in and we'd probably still be complaining if he had only gotten one in.

Gee, he had a bad day.

cheeses_h_rice
08-20-2003, 10:20 PM
The Sox won.

Carlos has produced above & beyond what nearly all of us expected from him this year.

This is no time to bitch, IMO.

WinningUgly!
08-20-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
The Sox won.

Carlos has produced above & beyond what nearly all of us expected from him this year.

This is no time to bitch, IMO.

Amen, brotha! Carlos has been solid all year long & plays as hard as anyone on the team. I'll excuse it. :D:

gosox41
08-20-2003, 11:55 PM

Mayeb he's been hanging out with Konerko too much.

Bob

oheeoh...magglio
08-21-2003, 12:28 AM
I can't complain about carlos. He's had a solid year, i believe he leads the team in rbi's, and his fielding has been very improved, we are gonna need him for the stretch run big time.

hold2dibber
08-21-2003, 08:10 AM

No one - not Barry Bonds, not Babe Ruth, not Sid Finch - no one gets it done every single day in baseball. The guy is on pace to drive in about 112 runs. You can't seriously complain because he didn't drive in any in this particular game, especially in light of the fact that the Sox won anyway. You're going to give yourself an ulcer (or, since you are a Sox fan, I should say, you're going to make your ulcer worse).

LuvSox
08-21-2003, 08:13 AM
I was surprised to see he was hitting over .280 this late. I'm not his biggest fan, but hats off to him this year.

thepaulbowski
08-21-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
I can't complain about carlos. He's had a solid year, i believe he leads the team in rbi's, and his fielding has been very improved, we are gonna need him for the stretch run big time.

amen.

CHISOXFAN13
08-21-2003, 10:00 AM
I wonder how many people on this site will find things to moan and groan about if we ever win the World Series?

Clarkdog
08-21-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
No one - not Barry Bonds, not Babe Ruth, not Sid Finch - no one gets it done every single day in baseball.

Dibber - love the Sid Finch reference! I totally remember that SI piece.

:D:

RKMeibalane
08-21-2003, 11:10 AM
Every player has a bad game once in a while. I'm just glad the Sox are back in first place. Now, I hope they can stay there for the rest of the season.

TornLabrum
08-21-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Clarkdog
Dibber - love the Sid Finch reference! I totally remember that SI piece.

:D:

The thing I remember about the Syd Finch piece was that the coaches at the school I was teaching at thought it was legit!

RKMeibalane
08-21-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
The thing I remember about the Syd Finch piece was that the coaches at the school I was teaching at thought it was legit!

LOL! Remember the "John Kilroy" commercials Nike aired several years ago? A friend of mine was able to convince someone that Kilroy was an actual NBA player, rather than just being Michael Jordan in desguise.