PDA

View Full Version : Cubs hiring Jerry Krause?

Viva Magglio
08-20-2003, 11:03 AM
George Ofman just had an item in his 11:00 a.m. update that fomrer Bulls GM (and former Sox scout) Jerry Krause could accept a scouting position with the North Siders.

Dadawg_77
08-20-2003, 11:04 AM
Well he started as a baseball scout, and probally has bad feeling towards JR so it make some sense.

NewyorkSoxFan
08-20-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
George Ofman just had an item in his 11:00 a.m. update that fomrer Bulls GM (and former Sox scout) Jerry Krause could accept a scouting position with the North Siders.

Def a slap at JR. TRAITOR!!!

NYSF

thepaulbowski
08-20-2003, 11:13 AM
Remember organizations win championships, not teams.

Risk
08-20-2003, 11:58 AM
To: Jerry Krause and your multiple chins--I bid you adeui'

Please, do that same wonderful magic to the Cubs that you did for the Bulls the last 5 years.

Risk

34 Inch Stick
08-20-2003, 01:05 PM
At least I will not feel guilty for hating him anymore.

Brian26
08-20-2003, 01:07 PM
Jerry is responsible for finding Ozzie Guillen, if memory serves me correctly. Have to give him credit for that...although a blind squirrel...

soxtalker
08-20-2003, 03:34 PM
Krause might do ok in this position. It isn't clear how transferrable his basketball knowledge is to baseball or how useful his 15-20-year-old baseball knowledge is. Reminds me a little of the Larry Himes hiring.

Krause did ok when he was adding a few players around MJ. Problem was that he assumed this was mainly due to his efforts. When he had to build something from scratch -- a much more difficult problem -- he failed. And, of course, JR kept him around way too long.

rmusacch
08-20-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Risk

Please, do that same wonderful magic to the Cubs that you did for the Bulls the last 5 years.

Risk

Speaking of his multiple chins, we were at the Capitol Grille a couple of nights before my brothers med school graduation last summer and Jerry was sitting at a table with Cartwright and some other Bulls people. He is bigger than he looks on TV. The man is fat.

Lip Man 1
08-20-2003, 11:27 PM
So much for Jerry's "health problem" that caused him to "resign." (nudge, nudge, wink, wink...)

The Cubs can have him. (and yes he did discover Ozzie when he was working for Roland Hemond as a scout.)

Lip

gosox41
08-20-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Risk

Risk

If the Cubs happen to win anything (what an awful thought) it would have to be because the talent was already drafted before he got there and he just gets to enjoy the ride like he did with MJ.

I think it was last week they showed Krause at a game at Wrigley..and he was sleeping. Have some more cotton candy Jerry.

Bob

gosox41
08-20-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by soxtalker
Krause might do ok in this position. It isn't clear how transferrable his basketball knowledge is to baseball or how useful his 15-20-year-old baseball knowledge is. Reminds me a little of the Larry Himes hiring.

Krause did ok when he was adding a few players around MJ. Problem was that he assumed this was mainly due to his efforts. When he had to build something from scratch -- a much more difficult problem -- he failed. And, of course, JR kept him around way too long.

Before Ozzie, I think Jerry's proudest moment was when he drafted Kenny Williams. I remember KW and Dunston were both hot prospects and Krause came out in the papers and said something abouy how KW was going to be better and have a much more productive career then Dunston. Oops.

Bob