PDA

View Full Version : Dave Wills' Show

Steve Bartman
08-20-2003, 10:45 AM
Have you guys noticed all the idiots calling up on his show lately? Last night some guy calls up, claims he is calling from the parking lot, and said, "It was nice to see Aramis Ramierez get a homerun tonight, and............". The guy sounded so drunk, that I couldn't really make out what he was trying to say. He sounded like another lame Cub fan calling up on a Sox postgame show. These Cub fans are so pathetic calling when their team is being crushed by Houston. Then, a few nights ago some guy called up mad at Dave Wills for wanting the Yankees to beat the Royals. Well, of course we want the Royals to loose. For the most part it is smart sox fans calling up on the show, but they got to do a better job screening these call or something.
:wills

alohafri
08-20-2003, 10:50 AM
I heard that too, and Dave was very diplomatic in telling the guy he was in the wrong parking lot and that Houston is a long way away or something like that.

I'm sure the calls are screened to an extent, but anyone can call up and say they want to talk about the Sox, but then get on the air and say something else. But rest assured, there is at least a 3 second delay on any over-the-air broadcast; it's probably a law or something.

NewyorkSoxFan
08-20-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by alohafri
I heard that too, and Dave was very diplomatic in telling the guy he was in the wrong parking lot and that Houston is a long way away or something like that.

I'm sure the calls are screened to an extent, but anyone can call up and say they want to talk about the Sox, but then get on the air and say something else. But rest assured, there is at least a 3 second delay on any over-the-air broadcast; it's probably a law or something.

Actually its a 7 sec delay, and I don't believe it the law but a good idea, unless you want to be fined by the FCC.

NYSF

rcescato
08-20-2003, 11:04 AM
I heard that caller last night. These morons must have no life if that is fun for them to call on the Sox post game. i guess the
flubs don't have one.

thepaulbowski
08-20-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by rcescato
I heard that caller last night. These morons must have no life if that is fun for them to call on the Sox post game. i guess the
flubs don't have one.

Actually these guys aren't that dumb. Who wants to listen to Santo & Hughes anyways!

:gulp:

JRIG
08-20-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by NewyorkSoxFan
Actually its a 7 sec delay, and I don't believe it the law but a good idea, unless you want to be fined by the FCC.

NYSF

Actually, at ESPN 1000, it's an 8 second delay. Not a law, but a good way to protect against morons (and hosts sometimes).

Mammoo
08-20-2003, 12:49 PM
I always had him pegged as a Sox apologist but his recent work has proved me wrong. I was listening last Friday after the first Texas loss and he was very hard on the team (without going overboard). Both he and Melton were beside themselves with frustration!

That was the night he didn't take calls from the listeners because he and "Meltie" were working over the Sox pretty good the way it was. :smile:

Keep it of Dave :gulp:

steff
08-20-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by alohafri

There is. And the callers lie all the time. Like the "drill rod" Cub fan last week. Jason said he keeps calling to talk about the manager situation and makes some good points.. then the second he gets on the air it's Cub time.

steff
08-20-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by rcescato
flubs don't have one.

Sox fans call, too. Intelligent ones, too. With lives.

Brian26
08-20-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by steff
There is. And the callers lie all the time. Like the "drill rod" Cub fan last week. Jason said he keeps calling to talk about the manager situation and makes some good points.. then the second he gets on the air it's Cub time.

Let's be honest. It's actually entertaining radio. Who doesn't smile when Wills goes off on these guys with the drillrod references? Did anyone catch the night Wills talked about some punk neighborhood kids who blew up his mailbox around the 4th of July? Great stuff.