PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Living in Bizzaro World

ghostfacesox
08-20-2003, 08:51 AM
This article pretty much summs up what we all have come to expect from the loveable losers. :)

http://msn.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/neyer_rob/1599053.html

Brian26
08-20-2003, 09:02 AM
Once again, I think anything related to the Cubs should be left off this board. Put it in the parking lot section. The word "cubs" shouldn't be in any subject lines for threads, yet I see two threads with "cubs" in the top 5 lines of the board.

TornLabrum
08-20-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
Once again, I think anything related to the Cubs should be left off this board. Put it in the parking lot section. The word "cubs" shouldn't be in any subject lines for threads, yet I see two threads with "cubs" in the top 5 lines of the board.

And again there is nothing in the description of this message board that states that it is exclusively for Sox-related material. And again, I suggest you just skip threads that say "Cubs" or other teams. Is that so hard?

FJA
08-20-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by ghostfacesox
This article pretty much summs up what we all have come to expect from the loveable losers. :)

http://msn.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/neyer_rob/1599053.html

I like everything about Neyer except that he's a Royals fan. This article is pretty good and funny, but I feel bad for Womack if he reads this ... man, it's brutal. It's the truth, but it's brutal. I don't know about anyone else, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to read, "Who the hell wants this guy in the thick of a pennant race?" about myself from the foremost sports source in the world. It's not like he asked to be traded to the Cubs (who would?), and I know the article rips on the Cubs organization more than Womack ... like Neyer says, he seems like a nice guy who doesn't ask for trouble, doesn't think he's a superstar ... maybe there was a better way to put it. I guess it's the bad karma of going to the Flubs. :smile:

Brian26
08-20-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
And again there is nothing in the description of this message board that states that it is exclusively for Sox-related material. And again, I suggest you just skip threads that say "Cubs" or other teams. Is that so hard?

LOL. It's WHITESOXINTERACTIVE.com! Isn't that enough of a description about what the board should be about?

voodoochile
08-20-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
LOL. It's WHITESOXINTERACTIVE.com! Isn't that enough of a description about what the board should be about?

The Sox Clubhouse has always been open to threads about baseball in general. Threads about rivals of the Sox be they emotional, geographical or divisional definitely fit that category.

Like TL says, don't read the threads that offend you.