PDA

View Full Version : Importance of 8/20 vs. Angels

FJA
08-19-2003, 11:03 PM
KC sees Clemens tomorrow. Minnesota sees Brian Anderson. (Plus, Cleveland has Minn.'s number over the course of the season.)

There's a decent chance we'll have the opportunity to move into a tie for first tomorrow, all the while picking up ground on the Twins. This is very important with those two teams beating up on each other this weekend.

And guess who we're facing? Yep, a young pitcher we've never seen before.

Makes for an interesting storyline ...

GO SOX

gosox41
08-20-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by FJA
KC sees Clemens tomorrow. Minnesota sees Brian Anderson. (Plus, Cleveland has Minn.'s number over the course of the season.)

There's a decent chance we'll have the opportunity to move into a tie for first tomorrow, all the while picking up ground on the Twins. This is very important with those two teams beating up on each other this weekend.

And guess who we're facing? Yep, a young pitcher we've never seen before.

Makes for an interesting storyline ...

GO SOX

I'm not trying to sound to negative, but the Sox seem to get so close to first, then go into a mini-slump and slide down.

Hopefully that won't be the problem this time. They can't mess around over the next 5 games cosidering they're going to Yankee stadium next week while the Royals and Twins play each other. The Sox need the next 5 games because it's tough to take 2 out of 3 from the Yanks and that guarantees that Minn. or KC will gain ground on the Sox.

Bob

inta
08-20-2003, 09:15 AM
I think the sox have some good momentum heading into tonight.
i feel much better about them after seeing the way they scored runs last night.

Kilroy
08-20-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by inta
I think the sox have some good momentum heading into tonight.
i feel much better about them after seeing the way they scored runs last night.

That was absolutely the best part of the win last night. NO HOMERS. A hustle play followed by 2 bunt singles a double, then a single, then a double. That's the way to do it...

FJA
08-20-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
That was absolutely the best part of the win last night. NO HOMERS. A hustle play followed by 2 bunt singles a double, then a single, then a double. That's the way to do it...

My thoughts exactly ... like Bob, I'm worried that this team gets close and slips too often, but a) It was that way with .500 for a while, and they finally got over and stayed over, so why can't they do it with first? ... and b) Those two bunts last night and the ensuing hustle were not things that we've seen of the Sox yet ... could it be that it's all starting to come together? I hope so, because we don't have any time to fool around.

Clarkdog
08-20-2003, 11:17 AM
While Lackey has not faced the White Sox in his career. This looks to be a favorable matchup. He has been terrible lately, and there should be plenty of advance scouting as he has been a consistent part of thier rotation this season.

Everett hits Lackey well, look for him to have a strong game.