PDA

View Full Version : Foulke gets huge save


JRIG
08-19-2003, 09:12 PM
In a game the A's had to have in their struggle to make the playoffs, Keith Foulke came up huge tonight at Boston to nail down a 3-2 victory. The win pulled the A's in front of the Red Sox for the Wild Card lead.

He even retired the side in order! This guy must have ice water running through his veins. What a huge save!

MetalliSox
08-19-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
In a game the A's had to have in their struggle to make the playoffs, Keith Foulke came up huge tonight at Boston to nail down a 3-2 victory. The win pulled the A's in front of the Red Sox for the Wild Card lead.

He even retired the side in order! This guy must have ice water running through his veins. What a huge save!

This belongs on oaklandasinteractive.com

Foulke is gone folks.

WhiteSoxWinner
08-19-2003, 10:13 PM
I think this is a response to the post where someone talked about how Foulke had a horrible outing. I'm with you Hip, let's just let it go.

Lip Man 1
08-19-2003, 10:16 PM
That's a real change for Keith isn't it? and who knows he's a free agent...the Sox might get him back next year if Manager Gandhi is fired.

Lip

TornLabrum
08-19-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
That's a real change for Keith isn't it? and who knows he's a free agent...the Sox might get him back next year if Manager Gandhi is fired.

Lip

What people have we let go that we've reacquired as free agents?

Daver
08-19-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
What people have we let go that we've reacquired as free agents?

The Sox got Harold Baines back in a trade,and signed him to a minor league deal for spring training.

MRKARNO
08-19-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
What people have we let go that we've reacquired as free agents?

Sandy Alomar

TornLabrum
08-19-2003, 10:51 PM
Those are the only two I could think of, too. So I doubt if you'll be seeing Foulke here even with Manuel gone next year.

:jerry

"Gone next year? I'm under contract!"

:reinsy

"And you're going to work off every last penny of it, too."

Steve Bartman
08-20-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
That's a real change for Keith isn't it? and who knows he's a free agent...the Sox might get him back next year if Manager Gandhi is fired.

Lip

Billy Wagner is a free agent as well. I think I would rather have him than Foulke. There are a lot of rumors of Wagner going to the Cubs though. I would love to see him in a sox uniform, but since Koch will be on our team for the next 2 years it won't happen.

bobj4400
08-20-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Cubsloseagain911
There are a lot of rumors of Wagner going to the Cubs though.


Where did you hear this?? Mike Murphy's Cub Morning Show? There is NO way he will be pitching for the Scrub's next season.

Steve Bartman
08-20-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by bobj4400
Where did you hear this?? Mike Murphy's Cub Morning Show? There is NO way he will be pitching for the Scrub's next season.

I read it in last weeks edition of USA Today: Sports Weekly. They reported that the rumor is that the Cubs will not bring back Clement, and thus have the money to sign Wagner. The Tribune money has more money than God, so I really wouldn't be surprised. On a side note, in the same article it says that the Yankees will probably sign Gary Sheffield over the winter. Can you picture that line-up with Sheffield now? Wow....

Lip Man 1
08-20-2003, 11:28 AM
Hal:

How far back do you want to go?

In addition to Alomar Jr. and Baines you have:

Luis Aparicio, Lena Blackburne, Jim Busby, Ivan Calderon, Jim Callahan, Jose DeLeon, Jim Delsing, Eddie Fisher, Scott Fletcher, Gene Freese, Chick Gandil, Earl Harrist, Mike Hershberger, Connie Johnson, Bob Kennedy, Ron Kittle, Minnie Minoso, Dave Philley, Johnny Romano, Ed Stroud.

I'm sure there were others this is just off the top of my head. I'm not saying they will but with the White Sox you can never discount anything.

Lip