PDA

View Full Version : New strip sign

hose
08-19-2003, 12:11 AM
I noticed at tonight's game that when the Angels were at bat the strip sign had much brighter advertisement...hmmm???

I only had one beer so I wasn't seeing things :D:

dickallen15
08-19-2003, 08:08 AM
When the Washington Mutual advertisement is on, the background is all white, and your correct, the infield becomes much brighter. They should hold that advertisement until the bottom half of the inning so Sox hitters get a better view of the ball.

hose
08-19-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by dickallen15
When the Washington Mutual advertisement is on, the background is all white, and your correct, the infield becomes much brighter. They should hold that advertisement until the bottom half of the inning so Sox hitters get a better view of the ball.

I wonder which way is more beneficial?

Might not be anything to it but I will keep an eye on the sign at the next night game I'm at.

StillMissOzzie
08-21-2003, 02:32 AM
I can't say how the strip signs look from field level, as I'm always in the cheap(er) seats in left or right field, but it is a noticable difference in overall lighting when a "bright" ad, with white or yellow predominance, comes on the strips vs. a "darker" light, such as a blue or green predominant color. It actually looks like someone turned on or off a light somewhere.

:gulp:

hose
08-21-2003, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
I can't say how the strip signs look from field level, as I'm always in the cheap(er) seats in left or right field, but it is a noticable difference in overall lighting when a "bright" ad, with white or yellow predominance, comes on the strips vs. a "darker" light, such as a blue or green predominant color. It actually looks like someone turned on or off a light somewhere.

:gulp:

:cool: